ADVERTISEMENT

No Kentucky players drafted

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
All those 4 star players that sUcK fans bragged about under Stoops and none of their players drafted. Why would players continue to go there? Middle to bottom SEC team, no major Bowls and now nobody drafted.

It’s called over rated and under developed. I love the fact that uahkay (and Barnfart) continue to support stoops as though he’s the next coming of Bear Bryant. I’m hoping they keep stoops until hell freezes over.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

It’s called over rated and under developed. I love the fact that uahkay (and Barnfart) continue to support stoops as though he’s the next coming of Bear Bryant. I’m hoping they keep stoops until hell freezes over.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
Shhhh..be quiet or they might catch on. I want Poops to stay there for many many years.

In all honesty, Ky football has never been anything but the butt of jokes since I've been alive. I don't ever see that changing.

Reactions: American Male
It is wildly hilarious, no doubt. 2 years in a row, no less. How Stools keeps that gig has been way beyond me after his 3rd year. He is simply not smart at all and he doesn't bother learning. UK's overall ranking slid from 56th to 78th in his tenure, lol. That is a progress only one of their strange resident football "experts" could spin positively. Maybe Jauk needs to send more plays to the coaches.

From a 4/30/2017 article : "Big shout out and thanks to those seniors that signed yesterday," Marrow tweeted (@vincemarrow) on Sunday evening. "But I guarantee from now on we will not have a (year without draft picks). With 18 young returning starters who competed in the best conference in the country and on a team that made it a bowl game, #BBN get ready."

But they're bigger, faster, and stronger.

And BBM is in October.

That's all that matters. To be the best BB team in a FB conference is something to be proud of.

But they're bigger, faster, and stronger.

And BBM is in October.

That's all that matters. To be the best BB team in a FB conference is something to be proud of.
But it's legit, man!! Just because they have a historical record off 93-12 against Auburn doesn't mean diddly! Sometimes they had 500 fans watching!!

Reactions: CardinalJunky
I have to admit it is depressing not getting anybody drafted. My question is how did UK beat you at your place 2 years ago with high school talent and UL with NFL and Heisman talent???? Mind boggling.

I have to admit it is depressing not getting anybody drafted. My question is how did UK beat you at your place 2 years ago with high school talent and UL with NFL and Heisman talent???? Mind boggling.

Should be simple for you to understand. Our team nosedived and tanked. You guys know plenty about that but the difference is ours was short-lived. Your is a perpetual reality. We couldn't have beaten anyone with a pulse at the end of that season and it still took a fluke fumble for you guys to pull it off. This year's game was in line with the historical gap between the two programs.

Holy Smokes.....is that what VERY successful is in Lexington? Seven wins and a single victory over Louisville that was an absolute gift? They set the bar so low that Peter Dinklage could step over it.

>>>>"""""Those players helped form the nucleus of a very successful seven-win team that took the program to the TaxSlayer Bowl and a win over Louisville. But Kentucky didn't have any draft picks.""""<<<

https://kentucky.rivals.com/news/marrow-s-promise-from-now-on-uk-will-have-draft-picks

Holy Smokes.....is that what VERY successful is in Lexington? Seven wins and a single victory over Louisville that was an absolute gift? They set the bar so low that Peter Dinklage could step over it.

>>>>"""""Those players helped form the nucleus of a very successful seven-win team that took the program to the TaxSlayer Bowl and a win over Louisville. But Kentucky didn't have any draft picks.""""<<<

https://kentucky.rivals.com/news/marrow-s-promise-from-now-on-uk-will-have-draft-picks

Although KY was favored by +4.5 to win, they lost to GT 33-18. GT was 4-4 in conference play that year. Great end of season mojo. o_O

Geez. There’s more UK threads on this site then on the UK site.

I'd say that's more of an indictment of UK fans. I see two threads on the first page that mention UK. But, if trying to point out "there's more UK threads on this site then on the UK site" helps you feel better that UK didn't have any football players drafted, who am I to judge?

I remind Louisville fans all the time that ish happens when you play a hapless program like LPT's. You either have to come to grips with that or stop playing them. The occasional WTF game bothers too many of our fans when it happens...

We have to let you all win one every 5 or so years or you'll just take us off your schedule like you did Indiana in basketball.

I think it has to do with that ridiculous contract extension Barnhart gave Stoops. UK was pretty much financially committed to Stoops from that point on. No way a program like UK is going to eat that big of a contract just to move on to the next 5-7 / 7-5 coach.
When you get contract extensions for going .500 in your conference (SEC east mind you), getting fired probably never crosses Poops mind.

UK.... the place where Qb's and coaches go to die, team dumps gatorade on coaches for almost beating LSU, cant beat Florida in 31 years, lose to Northwestern in bowls, lose to WKU, make a fake championship trophies etc etc....
bigger , fatter, slower

Really??? That's ALL you fools have to hang your hat on? ONE win in the last SEVEN year's, with an average margin of loss of 11 points? You guys truly are pathetic. Too funny.

No NFL draft picks the last two years. That means one of two things: Kentucky can't recruit NFL level talent or they can recruit NFL talent but can't develop it. Either way that's an indictment of the coaching staff.

Interesting on their board there is a thread where several posters have asserted there is a conspiracy in the NFL to draft undisciplined players or players from small schools rather than players from Kentucky. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...-from-now-on-uk-will-have-draft-picks.234662/

Last edited:
Reactions: Deeva
No NFL draft picks the last two years. That means one of two things: Kentucky can't recruit NFL level talent or they can recruit NFL talent but can't develop it. Either way that's an indictment of the coaching staff.

Interesting on their board there is a thread where several posters have asserted there is a conspiracy in the NFL to draft undisciplined players or players from small schools rather than players from Kentucky. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...-from-now-on-uk-will-have-draft-picks.234662/
Easily the most hilarious part of that is the "wait 'til next year !" refrain.

UK hasn't had a player drafted in 2 years. I believe Stoops just finished Year 5. Does that mean Stoops has never had a player he recruited to UK drafted? I don't know if it's true but it probably is true.

UK hasn't had a player drafted in 2 years. I believe Stoops just finished Year 5. Does that mean Stoops has never had a player he recruited to UK drafted? I don't know if it's true but it probably is true.
No . He had a Juco drafted a couple of years ago.

Yes, but they will likely tell you their undrafted are among the most highly sought after free agents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT