ADVERTISEMENT

No Death Threats Made To Dusty May

I’m sorry, but this sounds like so much BS. I heard Valvano say this as well and he just said it off hand. Sorry, don’t believe it. If true, then report and prosecute. Valvano is on air acting as Scherts agent as was his son on an earlier show.
I would surely hope Valvano isn’t just pulling this out of his a$$. Regarding Valvano simping for Schertz, he did an Indiana State game this weekend and was smitten by Schertz. .

Last edited:
Reactions: OldhamCard335
Agreed, if this did happen get their names, contact police, and prosecute. Again if it happened, it's wrong. However Flowers mom got on social media after Trentyn declared he was leaving and said they were both getting death threats from UofL fans.

When asked to show or provide even one example she declined and shut her account down.

Such fake news. Why would we send death threats to a potential coach…. People just want to kick us while we are down right now. I do not put any credibility to this report at all.

Plot twist - Valvano saying that Schertz told Valvano that May got cold feet after getting death threats. May and Schertz are friends (Schertz went to FAU)

Hell - for all we know, it could have been coming from FAU fans or, completely made up. Seems like a convenient excuse for someone who accepted the job only to decide that he wanted to go elsewhere. This way it takes the focus off of him going back on his word.

Louisville fans aren’t the death threat type. That sort of behavior is for fan bases like the one east of here.

Michigan job is less pressure and pay is $3.75 million a year. so i can't blame May.
Agree about less pressure, since his team will always be second fiddle to the football team.

Also could just be that May is more comfortable in the Big 10 and sees that the future of the ACC is a bit shaky compared to the solid ground that the Big 10 seems to be on.

Especially with the sabre rattling coming from FSU and Clemson lately.

If Schertz were the pick and he comes here, that would seem to cast more doubt on the death threat rumors that he was supposedly told about... Why would he come here if he heard that? Or, maybe he does have thick skin.

Anyway, right now, for me, strange as it may seem, all of that is even more reason I'm beginning to like Schertz more and more. I saw a few interviews with him over the past few weeks, and I came away from every one impressed by him.

I listened to a podcast by Arron Torres and he had an interesting take on the reason May went to Michigan. He said one of the main reasons May didn’t take the Louisville job is because the basketball job at Louisville is 12 months out of the year. The job is more demanding at Louisville than at Michigan.

I listened to a podcast by Arron Torres and he had an interesting take on the reason May went to Michigan. He said one of the main reasons May didn’t take the Louisville job is because the basketball job at Louisville is 12 months out of the year. The job is more demanding at Louisville than at Michigan.

I think Kenny Payne had that same mentality…even during basketball season.

That’s why Rick loved coming here. He eats and breathes basketball.

It’s also why Calipari said he thought he couldn’t last more than 10 years in Lexington. In his case, the 15 year grift has been well worth the heartburn.

Yea the death threat rumor makes zero sense. Thats never been a thing from this fan base ever, so now someone would fire up a threat to the new, prospective coach for no reason?

Zero credibility or sense.

Agree about less pressure, since his team will always be second fiddle to the football team.

Also could just be that May is more comfortable in the Big 10 and sees that the future of the ACC is a bit shaky compared to the solid ground that the Big 10 seems to be on.

Especially with the sabre rattling coming from FSU and Clemson lately.
I would imagine those first two explanations are the main reasons. As UCONN has shown last year - and perhaps again this year - not being in a football P5 conference doesn’t mean as much with basketball.

Reactions: Louisvillian
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT