ADVERTISEMENT

Night Games

Jun 10, 2005
whoo-hoo!!

Night games for as least 3 home games this season .

Indiana State. 7pm
WKU. 7pm
Ga Tech. Fri/8pm

Tailgating will be rockin’

Reactions: jimmy5-11
I’m at the age where “tailgating” isn’t a big deal for me any longer. I prefer 3:30 games so I can either go home or out to eat after the game. I actually discovered a couple of things about tailgating here at UofL. One, tailgating is NOT the reason for a football game and, two, that tailgating here at UofL is a major reason for a bunch of our seats being empty during the playing of the National Anthem. Hey I like a party as much as the next guy but I like football a helluva bunch more.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I'm pretty sure they will all play on Friday, despite school being out.
Wrong. The Ga. Tech game is on Friday 10/5/18, the vast majority of all public school games in Jefferson County have been played on Thursday night on the first weekend in October for years. Not sure about private schools.

Reactions: wilkie01
I’m at the age where “tailgating” isn’t a big deal for me any longer. I prefer 3:30 games so I can either go home or out to eat after the game. I actually discovered a couple of things about tailgating here at UofL. One, tailgating is NOT the reason for a football game and, two, that tailgating here at UofL is a major reason for a bunch of our seats being empty during the playing of the National Anthem. Hey I like a party as much as the next guy but I like football a helluva bunch more...
Flagrant foul on gocards!! :D

There are no age excuses for tailgating! You've been given really bad advice and need a refresher course from old-timers. Anytime you wanna "party" with some folks your age, make sure to let me know. We don't force anyone to do what they don't want to, but we don't accept watered down effort. You come to tailgate, you tailgate! You gotta be doing something wrong, and we need to get that fixed ASAP...

I’m at the age where “tailgating” isn’t a big deal for me any longer. I prefer 3:30 games so I can either go home or out to eat after the game. I actually discovered a couple of things about tailgating here at UofL. One, tailgating is NOT the reason for a football game and, two, that tailgating here at UofL is a major reason for a bunch of our being empty during the playing of the National Anthem. Hey I like a party as much as the next guy but I like football a helluva bunch more.

Not a surprise no one would want your crotchety arse at their tailgate.

I think about a 1/3 of the fan base would argue that tailgating is equally as important as the football game.

Not a surprise no one would want your crotchety arse at their tailgate. You’re probably one of those fans that complains when fans stand up to cheer.

Uh no. Damn piggy you continue to make a habit of being wrong. :p

LOL at pig criticizing YOUR tailgate...

alibaba-pigs.jpg

Last edited:
Flagrant foul on gocards!! :D

There are no age excuses for tailgating! You've been given really bad advice and need a refresher course from old-timers. Anytime you wanna "party" with some folks your age, make sure to let me know. We don't force anyone to do what they don't want to, but we don't accept watered down effort. You come to tailgate, you tailgate! You gotta be doing something wrong, and we need to get that fixed ASAP...

I'm 69 and still seriously tailgate. I loved to get there early and cook good food while drinking cold beer and playing corn-hole.

Reactions: Deeva
That's just plain sad.

Well it's the reality. Go to Clemson University for their football games, the tailgating is an all-day event. I've never seen tailgating like they do it. If tailgating wasn't an option for those fans then the stadium would be half filled.

If I had to guess, tailgating was the result of fans having to travel longer distances to smaller college towns to watch the game. They couldn't just roll up to the stadium before kickoff like you can in Louisville, you have to plan your day/weekend around getting to the game. So, if you get there early you're going to want to eat and drink, so as with everything it became a big deal.

Wrong. The Ga. Tech game is on Friday 10/5/18, the vast majority of all public school games in Jefferson County have been played on Thursday night on the first weekend in October for years. Not sure about private schools.

Unless the future schedules I've been looking at are not up to date, Male plays at Bryan Station on 10/5, Manual plays at St. X on 10/5, Central plays Waggener 10/5, Eastern has a home game 10/5, so "wrong" would be inaccurate. I do see that PRP plays Butler 10/4, and Western plays Moore 10/4, just to name a few.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT