ADVERTISEMENT

New Volleyball Commitment?

I like it very impressive stats and being a younger sibling in volleyball family with big sisters playing the same sport means she has been playing up. It also doesn’t hurt her skills that her Mom is a volleyball coach.

Didn’t we also get one from Indianapolis a couple of weeks ago?

They have a commitment from Reece Robins a 6’5” player from Texas she is ranked pretty high.

Kozmas, why haven't we seen any news of her recruitment? She is a game changer and seems to be in the class of 2023. Wonder how the Cards persuaded her to pass by Texas? She and Cresse will be very dominant at the net.

That I don’t know but if you Sydney and Pherakan rotating with them we would be pretty dominant.

Payton is a 6'0" outside hitter in the Class of 2024 and players her high school volleyball at Dike-New Hartford High School in Dike, Iowa. The Cards beat out Creighton and Kansas State for the 6'0" star.

The word I get is that Texas was never in the running for her.

She has a twin sister (Baylee) who is headed to Northern Iowa to play for their mom -- Bobbi, who is the head volleyball coach for the UNI Panthers.

Payton was named to the all-state team as a freshman and sophomore and has amassed 1227 kills, 200 blocks and 905 digs in her playing time, with still a couple of months left for her in her junior season. Her Wolverines have won back-to-back Iowa 2A state titles and Payton was named all-tournament captain both years.

She also has a set of older, twin sisters who played in college.

Dike-New Hartford is 22-1 on the season so far and ranked #1 in Iowa 2A Volleyball.

(Thanks to Cardinal Couple for the "borrow" )

--sonja--

Reactions: CardFan
I really was not writing about Payton but instead Reece Robins from Texas. Both Payton and Reece are great commitments if accurate about Robbins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT