ADVERTISEMENT

New Security at the Pitt game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2001
They better be able to do better then that! It was a semi warm night. But they had people stuck outside trying to get in for 20 minutes. This will not float when the temperature is freezing!

Hopefully we will get a President who realizes that the security of the country extends to the local level as well. Start with the Mexican border and properly screening those that want in the country. The YUM Center screening is merely a byproduct. Let's get to the root cause.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Get to the game early?

Normally I'd agree with this, but it really didn't matter yesterday unless you got there absurdly early. The late arriving crowds already are bad for the 7 pm games, unless there's improvement, there will be very few catching the beginning of those games. Hell, it'll be a struggle for me to get there on time from work with that kind of wait.

Reactions: turducken71
Hopefully we will get a President who realizes that the security of the country extends to the local level as well. Start with the Mexican border and properly screening those that want in the country. The YUM Center screening is merely a byproduct. Let's get to the root cause.

So the long wait at the YUM Center is Obama's fault? I don't think even Fox News would make that claim.

So the long wait at the YUM Center is Obama's fault? I don't think even Fox News would make that claim.

For 8++++ years the blue side has blamed George W for every darn thing. The beauty is there's a ton on dirt on Obama. His name will go down in history and not in a good way. We don't even know the rest of the Obama story yet.

Worse than the Main St. entrances was the line coming in from the Galt House parking garage. Only two metal detectors for all those folks. Stood still in the line that stretched across the breezeway, through the hallway, and back out into the parking for 5 minutes, then figured we'd try main st entrance. Stood in line for about 5 minutes (it was 8:40 at this point) before getting in. Not that bad (of course it was dry and semi warm outside), but gonna have to do way better on the west entrance coming from the parking garage.

For 8++++ years the blue side has blamed George W for every darn thing. The beauty is there's a ton on dirt on Obama. His name will go down in history and not in a good way. We don't even know the rest of the Obama story yet.
How about resisting the urge to bring friggin politics into a college sports message board for cryin out loud? Just a thought.

Last night it was 50 degrees and we waited outside for 10-15 minutes to get in. Snow is coming along with extremely cold temperatures. A couple nights standing out in the elements for 10-15 minutes is really going to turn people off and hurt attendance. After people go through a long wait a few times and get frozen or soaked they will remember that experience when they decide whether to go to the next bad weather game.

How about resisting the urge to bring friggin politics into a college sports message board for cryin out loud? Just a thought.
So you think we have metal detectors at sporting events because of NCAA policies?

Maybe we shouldn't have gotten the YUM since politics was involved. :rolleyes:

So you think we have metal detectors at sporting events because of NCAA policies?

The poor villain doesn't realize that the detectors are there because kooks were let into the country at San Bernardino and similar.

That may have been the most idiotic post I've ever read on here and you have some fine company.

The poor villain doesn't realize that the detectors are there because kooks were let into the country at San Bernardino and similar.
Villain lol. The only Kooks on here are you and your ilk. Please keep posting because your ignorance is truly an entertaining comedy source.

Go Cards and please give what you can to the mentally challenged.

fredburg, you might want to take a look around the world. It's not about politics now, it's the way of the world today. Yes, what is happening in the world has now effected our experience at the YUM center and our beloved basketball. Ugly, huh?

Reactions: turducken71
That may have been the most idiotic post I've ever read on here and you have some fine company.
You mad, breaux? It's not hard to see who gets emotional and comes out on the short end of the discussion. The blindness to reality started with the 1960s hippie drug counter culture. Gimme some drugs, acid rock and kill my pang. Irresponsible drug use and irresponsible personal conduct were the norm. The government is supposed to take care of you. The present president and his failed lack of caring in protecting the country is a product of the rot foisted on the last three generations as a result of the 1960s hippie drug counter culture. As a result of allowing terrorist kooks in the country, we get to stand in cold and go through metal detectors to watch Louisville basketball. President Obama, thanks for nothing.

You mad, breaux? It's not hard to see who gets emotional and comes out on the short end of the discussion. The blindness to reality started with the 1960s hippie drug counter culture. Gimme some drugs, acid rock and kill my pang. Irresponsible drug use and irresponsible personal conduct were the norm. The government is supposed to take care of you. The present president and his failed lack of caring in protecting the country is a product of the rot foisted on the last three generations as a result of the 1960s hippie drug counter culture. As a result of allowing terrorist kooks in the country, we get to stand in cold and go through metal detectors to watch Louisville basketball. President Obama, thanks for nothing.
Ah, the angry little man accuses others of being mad. A crybaby who apparently can't deal with reality. Sounds like you have been getting the short end of the stick your whole life.

This is a sports message board. Just because you have nothing in the way of sports knowledge to add doesn't mean anyone wants to listen to your paranoid delusional rants.

You can go back in your bunker now.

Ah, the angry little man accuses others of being mad. A crybaby who apparently can't deal with reality. Sounds like you have been getting the short end of the stick your whole life.

This is a sports message board. Just because you have nothing in the way of sports knowledge to add doesn't mean anyone wants to listen to your paranoid delusional rants.

You can go back in your bunker now.
Be sure to take your parka and mittens along while you stand in the metal detector line. Maybe you'll get in as a popsicle by halftime. Thank goodness for the simple minded. For they know not why.

Be sure to take your parka and mittens along while you stand in the metal detector line. Maybe you'll get in as a popsicle by halftime. Thank goodness for the simple minded. For they know not why.
Since I never had any problem getting in and probably never will it It appears that you are the simple minded whiner.:(

Now back to Cardinal sports.....

I'm curious. Why is it more idiotic than yours?

Did politics not play a huge role in the building of the YUM as far as funding, location, etc.?

Politics is everywhere. If you don't believe that, then the idiot has been revealed.

And for what it's worth, when the sheet hits the fan, I'd rather be with my ilk than you and yours.

Reactions: Mayoman
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT