ADVERTISEMENT

New season upon us...anyone want to talk baseball?

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Looks like McKay, McClure, and Henzman as the weekend starters. Hoeing maybe? Still have Sparger, Wolf and Hummel sitting there. Bordner or Dale could see closer duties (I assume). OF has experience and speed. Not much power but if they can hit for average they can take the team a long way. Hairston SS, Mann 2B, Ellis 3B, Fitch/Pinkham C and ? 1B. I expect McKay to play some 1B but about 50% of the time he's either pitching or DHing. Clemons maybe. Anyone know of RS players or newbies who may be seeing the field?

Can't wait for the new season.... Wish it didn't start in February though.... I just hope we can find another 100mph, seal the deal closer.... Gonna miss that bunches I bet.

I may try to get to an hour or so of the scrimmage on Fri.

Shouldn't be any issues finding a seat. Nothing like watching baseball in January.

:cool:

I'm also attending the banquet Fri nite. If anything interesting is said, I'll post it here...

Went to Saturday's scrimmage. Watched about 3.5 innings before leaving to watch BB. Wolf started for black team and although didn't give up big hits he gave up 1 run each in the first 3 innings mostly on key singles. He did balk at least 3 times. Although I thought the black team would be the starters if the season started today the red team had a 6-0 lead when I left. I see a lot of athletic guys, maybe not a lot of power. I think the issue will be pitching especially not having a Burdi at the back end. Was impressed with LHP who started for the red team, FR Bennett who threw 89-90. #16 Lavey and 46 Rumoro looked as though they could contribute this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT