ADVERTISEMENT

New Coach Top 5 Candidates....

Definitely not true. It's probably easier than it's ever been with the portal and NIL. It used to take 3 or 4 years to build something, now days you can be good in one season. .
I didn’t say it couldn’t be done I said it is extremely challenging. You aren’t factoring in the roster turnover every year. You assume coaches can navigate the landscape flawlessly. No one is immune from making mistakes in rosters.

Pitino and Izzo are both firmly on the bubble. Hall of Fame coaches. Cronin won 30 games the last 2 years they aren’t making the tournament.

Yes it can be done but better buckle up it ain’t easy not in the environment.

Barriers - Will UofL even be hiring? Can they spend the $ to get a top candidate? The pool is weak. The situation here is not ideal. Will fans be motivated by an off-grid hire?

A lot of Qs so I guess in a few months we get the answers.

In order to help the financial situation we can keep KP on the payroll but move him to the janitorial department and hope he quits

Somebody mentioned earlier that hiring a new coach might be harder to hire a replacement because of the possibility of the ACC breaking up. Things regarding that just got tougher for that to happen. The state of North Carolina governing body of education is getting ready to pass a bill that North Carolina or any other Carolina school cannot leave the ACC. North Carolina and UNCST hAve been charter members of the ACC from the beginning and they want them to keep them there. It would help protect Wake Forest and Duke .

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
I feel like these "Institutions of higher learning" are going to be spending a lot on legal fees trying to get whatever it is they want.

In order to help the financial situation we can keep KP on the payroll but move him to the janitorial department and hope he quits
All that means is a bunch of trash cans not getting emptied and toilets not getting cleaned.

Unless of course you make Payne an Assistant Janitor with someone else in charge…

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Time to get an update. Perhaps coming more into focus on order of want....
1. Nate Oats - Bama - 19-7 #13
2. Eric Musselman - Arkansas - 13-13
3. Shaka Smart - Marquette - 19-6 #7
4. Ben McCollum - NW Missou. St. (D2) - 21-4 #7
5. Greg McDermott - Creighton - 19-7 #17
6. Grant McCasland - TX Tech - 18-7 #23
7. Jerome Tang - KSU - 15-11
8. Chris Beard - Ole Miss - 19-6
9. Niko Medved - Colorado State - 20-6 #22
10. Dusty May - FAU - 20-6

What say you all...?

What say you all...?
1. Beard
2. Oats
3. Musselman
4. May

What say you all...?
Nice work on the list. I'd probably remove #4 but great work. Put Chris Mack on there to confuse the hell out of everybody.

Nice work on the list. I'd probably remove #4 but great work. Put Chris Mack on there to confuse the hell out of everybody.
I do like Ben McCollum, although he probably needs a D1 stop before Louisville to be a true contender. Zipp likes him because his current contract is $750k I believe which would be a likely easy buy out and good for Zipp's pocket book.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
I do like Ben McCollum, although he probably needs a D1 stop before Louisville to be a true contender. Zipp likes him because his current contract is $750k I believe which would be a likely easy buy out and good for Zipp's pocket book.
I guess anything is on the table.

I think Oats is interesting but if he was truly interested his name wouldn’t be mentioned this early.

Good chance the next guy hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Can't remember the thread where Wright was being talked about, but now I'm hoping there's a chance for that

I do like Ben McCollum, although he probably needs a D1 stop before Louisville to be a true contender.
Seems like Ben has some potential but I agree that I'd like a coach that has some proven D1 experience and success as HC. Yeah thats not a guarantee of success either, but I thinks it's too big of a risk to get a coach straight from D2 to HC of this program.

Shaheen Holloway is an interesting prospect to me.

Oates, Beard, Cronin all have to be at the top of the list too.

Have you watched them play. They aren’t extremely skilled but they play hard. Upgrade talent which should happen at Louisville you would have something. Doubt it happens and there maybe better options.

Reactions: AnotherCFD
I don’t care how hard they play he is only winning 54% of his games. I want to get back to where we are a title contender and he doesn’t move the needle.

Which names on this list do you see as a pipe dream or ones we shouldn't go after then?
I guess you can go after anybody you want to... Looks like everyone on those lists have winning records. You have to ask yourself why the heck would Beard, Drew, or some of those guys want to leave their situation to come to a circus show that we have now? Maybe if we hadn't gone the Payne route or even if we made a different decision than Mack.

Just for the record, I thought we might have a chance at Cronin, but he's definitely not a favorite here.

Reactions: pappy52
I guess you can go after anybody you want to... Looks like everyone on those lists have winning records. You have to ask yourself why the heck would Beard, Drew, or some of those guys want to leave their situation to come to a circus show that we have now? Maybe if we hadn't gone the Payne route or even if we made a different decision than Mack.

Just for the record, I thought we might have a chance at Cronin, but he's definitely not a favorite here.
A $16 million dollar buyout makes him a no-go. It'll be interesting to see where this administration decides to go with this and how much emphasis is on a gamble of future revenue vs. current value.

A $16 million dollar buyout makes him a no-go. It'll be interesting to see where this administration decides to go with this and how much emphasis is on a gamble of future revenue vs. current value.
Nate Oates Crimson Tide leads the nation in scoring (90.1 / game) and is 2nd in made 3's (11.8 / game)' !
Negatives are in his 3 NCAA appearances with Bama he has gotten bumped out by 3 lower seeded
teams
and his $10 million buyout. Lex Herald's headline today is "Is Nate Oates auditioning tomorrow
for UK job ? 😆

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT