ADVERTISEMENT

ND:

There have been brief periods this season where individuals performed at levels that would suggest that some post season success might be a possibility. The problem is the inconsistency. EK Jr services as an example, as early on many of us questioned his contribution was worthy of a starting role. Here of late, he appears to be stepping up to his projected ability.
And most of the individuals that I believe Mac is hoping will contribute somehow,some way are the veteran pitchers that have had success in years past,not necessarily this season. Those guys are the key. I've named them before but it starts with Koger,Ligget and Phillips. We're all hoping to see the best of what we know they had before this season.

And most of the individuals that I believe Mac is hoping will contribute somehow,some way are the veteran pitchers that have had success in years past,not necessarily this season. Those guys are the key. I've named them before but it starts with Koger,Ligget and Phillips. We're all hoping to see the best of what we know they had before this season.
I suspect that you are closer to the truth, but I am thinking that it might be some of these Freshman who could be the difference in post season. Hartman, Starke, Detmers, and Rose are playing as well as anyone right now.

I suspect that you are closer to the truth, but I am thinking that it might be some of these Freshman who could be the difference in post season. Hartman, Starke, Detmers, and Rose are playing as well as anyone right now.
Yes and we know of the guys that are coming on. What is missing are those seasoned vets. We can't do it next week or in any regional with 7 pitchers trying to take the load. I think you probably remember the conversation earlier in the year about Mac talking about the Freshmen playing a big part. I think he's getting that with those guys above. He probably thought it was a forgone conclusion that he wasn't gonna have to worry about certain veteran pitchers making a contribution. It's the missing piece...or pieces.

Reactions: 2330859
Graphic they showed today said ND had to win to get in. Maybe they were wrong.

I didn’t see the graphic, but I do know that ND would have clinched a spot with a win yesterday. Perhaps that’s what the graphic meant.

Right now, the battle for the 12th spot looks like this:

12. Pitt 9-20 (1 game left today at Miami)
13. Notre Dame 9-21
14. Boston College 8-21 (eliminated, 1 game left today at Clemson)

Pitt gets that 12th spot with a win today at
Miami and ND gets it with a Pitt loss.

Reactions: Bardman
Cards will be 6, 7 or 8 seed depending on the outcomes of Wake Forest at NC State and Duke at North Carolina today.

Not going to permit myself to get overly excited about the tournament, having watched this team all year. The bull pen is garbage and we lack any consistency with the starting arms. I am glad we are in and I will be watching but my expectations are checked.

Reactions: Bardman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT