ADVERTISEMENT

ND game time official 3:30pm Eastern - On Peacock

I reported this about a month ago. The Notre Dame deal with NBC permits NBC to carry games on Peacock only. This is one of those games. NBC is trying to get subscribers to sign up to Peacock for about $60 a year streaming. Right now Peacock offers a $20 for the first year rate.

This is the way things are going.

Not gonna change.

I think this particular game has been chosen as a test case to see how potential subscribers will react.

I reported this about a month ago. The Notre Dame deal with NBC permits NBC to carry games on Peacock only. This is one of those games. NBC is trying to get subscribers to sign up to Peacock for about $60 a year streaming. Right now Peacock offers a $20 for the first year rate.

Not gonna change.

I think this particular game has been chosen as a test case to see how potential subscribers will react.
If there’s a 7 day free trial the week of I may sign up for the game and cancel when it’s over

Reactions: KozmasAgain

Not gonna change.

People don’t forget, but there was a time games were moved to ESPN2 to get people to subscribe. Remember the ACC Network’s first year? It’s the same thing.

Also, NBC probably views it like this

ND can’t put their absolute tier 1 game on Peacock. But they can’t put a garbage game on there either because no one will subscribe.

They probably see that it will be a good game and were a good program. We aren’t like their FSU game in terms of national appeal, but it will be a game of interest. And we have enough fans who will pay to tune in.

Also, ND fans will pay more for a decent game too because if it was like their game against Northern Illinois of Army? They’d probably assume it would be a blowout and move on.

It is a compliment to our program.

People don’t forget, but there was a time games were moved to ESPN2 to get people to subscribe. Remember the ACC Network’s first year? It’s the same thing.

ND can’t put their absolute tier 1 game on Peacock. But they can’t put a garbage game on there either because no one will subscribe.

They probably see that it will be a good game and were a good program. We aren’t like their FSU game in terms of national appeal, but it will be a game of interest. And we have enough fans who will pay to tune in.

Also, ND fans will pay more for a decent game too because if it was like their game against Northern Illinois of Army? They’d probably assume it would be a blowout and move on.

I view it as a compliment to Louisville also.

Hoping for a free trial 🤞🏻!

One of the NFL's playoff games was on Peacock last season, I think it was a big one, Buffalo-KC. If that game can go on Peacock, any game can.

It kind of reminds me of how pro boxing went on PPV in the 80's, and slowly disappeared. I can't remember the last time I heard about a heavyweight title match.

One of the NFL's playoff games was on Peacock last season, I think it was a big one, Buffalo-KC. If that game can go on Peacock, any game can.

It kind of reminds me of how pro boxing went on PPV in the 80's, and slowly disappeared. I can't remember the last time I heard about a heavyweight title match.
PPV has always been a thing. UFC which has been boxing's replacement, it's been PPV and has a large audience and grew faster than most any new sport.

Streaming is more like when broadcast network games moved to cable TV. Cable TV will be dead in the next 10 years, maybe still alive but kind of like what radio is today.

Streaming, once it gets better and improved, will be better. No longer will you have to worry about if your cable or satellite provider is going to carry a game. No longer will you have to worry about if you're in a certain location to watch a certain game. It also will guarantee all games are on TV and you can watch them wherever. Soon enough, it will probably feature options where you can listen to local broadcasts rather than national ones. And you won't have to subscribe to a bundle of channels you do not want.

Right now it looks like a bad idea because it's change and it's different. Nothing starts off perfect. Once people learn how to use it and they make it easier to access, it will be better. Things generally get better with time in the tech world. Compare the Blackberry Phone in 2007 to the iPhone's of today and what they can do.

Not gonna change.

Great info thx for sharing. Choices sound like a road trip, or a bar, or paying up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT