ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA violations for as many as three dozen Division I programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the 4 letter network, it's coming. They also said "It's not the mid-major programs who were trying to buy players to get to the top," a source told ESPN. "It's the teams that are already there."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...rges-dismissed-men-basketball-corruption-case

It mention 2 players to sign with Louisville. Bowen we know, was the other one signed yet or was that the center that we were recruiting for next year, but hadn't signed? Foreign kid, Balsa Koprivika?

Reactions: Kentucky31
I bet all of the butt holes are puckered up tight up 64. Shouldn't have been poking fun this whole time because Karma may just pay them a little visit

If enough schools are brought into this it may just be enough for everyone to give the UNCAA the bird

Reactions: American Male
It mention 2 players to sign with Louisville. Bowen we know, was the other one signed yet or was that the center that we were recruiting for next year, but hadn't signed? Foreign kid, Balsa Koprivika?
Your guess is as good as mine. I find it interesting that all these news outlets have 'sources' but never have to name them. With that in mind, they can make any claim and be covered by simply saying it was a "source" that pushed them to write the article.

I personally would like to see the news outlets (ALL OF THEM) to be forced to divulge their source to hold them accountable. All this so called news would be cleaned up and then maybe we all could actually start to believe the press again. Just food for thought.

Bring it all down.

Better yet, dismantle the NCAA, let the P5 programs be honest enough to admit it's age appropriate semi professional sports, write a six page rule book it doesn't take the Supreme Court to translate and let it rip.

This is why we shouldn't be worried about this situation. Mark is a very credible source and if you read the article, none of it sounds surprising or far-fetched.

I thought I was hearing people say this was confined to Louisville? :D

In these situations, you wanna be the FIRST in line to go down...

Man, I've been doing this too long.
I'm just about worn out with the finger pointing and 'yeah but you're worse than we are' bull shit.
As a Kentucky fan I got enough demons in the drain pipes.
I've just reached the point this stuff is over with.
Anybody want to talk sports, I'm down with it.
Done with the insult go round. Nobody wins anything.

Your guess is as good as mine. I find it interesting that all these news outlets have 'sources' but never have to name them. With that in mind, they can make any claim and be covered by simply saying it was a "source" that pushed them to write the article.

I personally would like to see the news outlets (ALL OF THEM) to be forced to divulge their source to hold them accountable. All this so called news would be cleaned up and then maybe we all could actually start to believe the press again. Just food for thought.
The public wouldn’t learn but a fraction of the information it receives on a huge range of topics - including corruption in all walks of society if informants / sources had to be on record. Journalists are bound by ethical standards that study after study say that they overwhelmingly adhere to. The press - unlike its chief critic the trump administration - has an established record of admitting if and when it gets something wrong. Perhaps if the administration could adopt the same policy - we all could actually start to believe it again.

We've all known for quite a while every school that is a top player for years on end dances around the NCAA rule book. It's too big and too complex not to....and when it starts to operate itself like it was the Constitution or the Bible....subject to interpretations instead of a simple rule book, it has become incomprehensible.
Thirty six major programs implicated?????
That's the whole deal. That's saying take the SEC, ACC, BIG 10, BIG 12, PAC 12 and Big East and plan on the top six teams getting records voided and probation.

There will be no record book entries left.

Yes but being sarcastic.

Pitino acts like he is a victim and I dont think he is. I am one of the few who believes he was as guilty as Calipari was as well in his escapades. Uk fans cant claim Cal didn't know what was going on and then turn around and say Pitino did with certainty.

I think they both knew what was going on in their programs. Simple as that.

Journalists are bound by ethical standards that study after study say that they overwhelmingly adhere to.
That is laughable at best. Ethical standards? I'm hoping you were joking about that because I really like talking and even debating issues with you that we don't always see eye to eye on.

I didn't mean to inject politics into this discussion, but the honest truth is ethics in journalism is dead, and our current President simply put a label on it. Fake news. It is everywhere on BOTH sides of the fence and I am damn sick of reading it. How many whacked out conspiracy theories do we have to be subjected to before we all say enough is enough?

We've all known for quite a while every school that is a top player for years on end dances around the NCAA rule book...
The type of argument we'll hear a lot more around these parts in the near future. At least from one fanbase...

Screen-Shot-2013-11-14-at-101512-AM_zps260100df.jpg

That is laughable at best. Ethical standards? I'm hoping you were joking about that because I really like talking and even debating issues with you that we don't always see eye to eye on.

I didn't mean to inject politics into this discussion, but the honest truth is ethics in journalism is dead, and our current President simply put a label on it. Fake news. It is everywhere on BOTH sides of the fence and I am damn sick of reading it. How many whacked out conspiracy theories do we have to be subjected to before we all say enough is enough?
Lol - your refuting evidence is something trump said? trump - arguably the biggest known liar of the last 25 years? The guy who said that facts can change depending on how he feels in a given day? The guy who lies about things that he’s said on videotape? The guy who has been caught lying in depositions and other assorted “under oath” situations? The guy who invented a fictitious persona to provide journalists with flattering stories about himself? The guy who has been judged by a non-partisan fact checking group to have lied roughly 2000 times since he became the nominee? That guy?!?!?

I enjoy talking with you on issues as well but if you’re going to invoke trump as any sort of arbiter of truth, there’s really nowhere to go from there.

Man, I've been doing this too long.
I'm just about worn out with the finger pointing and 'yeah but you're worse than we are' bull shit.
As a Kentucky fan I got enough demons in the drain pipes.
I've just reached the point this stuff is over with.
Anybody want to talk sports, I'm down with it.
Done with the insult go round. Nobody wins anything.
Im sure your tired of this...so am I. You and I have had some pretty good differences of opinion. The problem I have with your "fan base" is the arrogance displayed by the majority of them. When UofL gets in trouble...BBN says UofL is guilty until proven innocent and no defense matters. Turn it around...UK gets in trouble...BBN response is "everyone does it", which I am getting tired of. However, because there is so much money involved with TV residuals, NCAA Tournaments, Shoe Companies, Legal and Illegal gambling...the finger pointing and the general bs is a given. We enjoy our sports...but IMHO, this has to be discussed. NCAA is inconsistent and has been negligent with their responsibilities and mission. Having lived in the Lexington Area, when I was going to college...I saw what was going on down with UK. Its all bunch of crap how you guys don't get busted. Yes, UofL got caught and should be punished. I just think that the whole NCAA/College Sports scene needs to be abolished and restructured. Im not saying that because of UofL, but in general. UNC, UCONN, Syracuse, Miami, Baylor...have gotten away with a lot and slaps on the wrists. So, you are tired of the finger pointing and so am I. Lets get this damn thing fixed now, not five years from now like the NCAA's pace.

Im sure your tired of this...so am I. You and I have had some pretty good differences of opinion. The problem I have with your "fan base" is the arrogance displayed by the majority of them. When UofL gets in trouble...BBN says UofL is guilty until proven innocent and no defense matters. Turn it around...UK gets in trouble...BBN response is "everyone does it", which I am getting tired of. However, because there is so much money involved with TV residuals, NCAA Tournaments, Shoe Companies, Legal and Illegal gambling...the finger pointing and the general bs is a given. We enjoy our sports...but IMHO, this has to be discussed. NCAA is inconsistent and has been negligent with their responsibilities and mission. Having lived in the Lexington Area, when I was going to college...I saw what was going on down with UK. Its all bunch of crap how you guys don't get busted. Yes, UofL got caught and should be punished. I just think that the whole NCAA/College Sports scene needs to be abolished and restructured. Im not saying that because of UofL, but in general. UNC, UCONN, Syracuse, Miami, Baylor...have gotten away with a lot and slaps on the wrists. So, you are tired of the finger pointing and so am I. Lets get this damn thing fixed now, not five years from now like the NCAA's pace.
Amen. Hundred thumbs up if I could.

The developments at UofL proved that no one knows what the NCAA rules are.
Let's be realistic for a second.....hiring hookers for recruits is illegal but getting college coeds to be members of a hospitality squads is a wink and a wrist slap?
Having a part time tutor cheat on a test gets two years of voided records but twenty years of underwater basket weaving' classes is all right as long as everyone can take them?
How about an SEC school can get forty million dollars for having a football program but a player can't get a free hamburger?

Stuff has been sideways for a time. Now it's starting to collapse.

Just read that Pete Thamel is reporting the number of schools involved is fifty.
Including half the recently released NCAA top 16, HOF coaches and high rated NBA draft picks.

Well, the Cats aren't in that top 16, but a lot of the other notations are familiar.

I repeat.....bring it all down and rebuild.

Just read that Pete Thamel is reporting the number of schools involved is fifty.
Including half the recently released NCAA top 16, HOF coaches and high rated NBA draft picks.

Well, the Cats aren't in that top 16, but a lot of the other notations are familiar.

I repeat.....bring it all down and rebuild.
LOL..."As long as we have company!"

More priceless stuff...

Lol - your refuting evidence is something trump said?

Not at all. Only said he coined a phrase about it.

Here is just one QUICK search. The fake news stories are all over the place, and it's not just one sided. Never said it was. I only said I was sick of it, and you ran to defend journalism as ethical. That is laughable because journalist have become lazy to be first.

https://www.snopes.com/category/facts/fake-news/

Here is just one QUICK search. The fake news stories are all over the place, and it's not just one sided. Never said it was. I only said I was sick of it, and you ran to defend journalism as ethical. That is laughable because journalist have become lazy to be first.

Thats a great site to fact check the guy calling the media fake news. Probably find him mentioned in there more than anyone.

Last edited:
Thats a great site to fact check the guy calling the media fake news. Probably find him mentioned in there than anyone.
Probably true, but that wasn't my complaint. My complaint was about the fake news itself and it gets reported everywhere, even by so called 'reputable' journalist and I am freaking tired of wading thru it. That is all I was saying.

Now I have heard Lachlan McClane's take on this and he is saying that the recent reports regarding the FBI may not be as hard hitting as we may think it is. I disagree with point but who really knows what is going to happen.

We've all known for decades that this stuff is going on everywhere. If evidence is released on 50 schools, where does the NCAA go from there? Do they just deal with the Universities one by one, and each gets its own penalties then move on? They may do just that, which won't change a thing. I think this is too ingrained in the culture. All the schools are doing it, and there's no real desire for reform. The schools want public punishments for those who get caught while everyone carries on with the same business.

None of those stories in your link are by journalists - they’re by half-assed, bullshit bloggers that are paid by the click.

trump is calling cbs, nbc, cnn, abc, ny times, wapo fake news. Why? Because they fact check him and run stories that highlight his misstatements, misteps and lies. He has done more to undermine both the free press and US intelligence agencies than any foreign power ever could. The biggest liar if the last 3 decades has tried to cover his tracks at the expense of two of the greatest pillars of our democracy.

None of those stories in your link are by journalists - they’re by half-assed, bullshit bloggers that are paid by the click.

trump is calling cbs, nbc, cnn, abc, ny times, wapo fake news. Why? Because they fact check him and run stories that highlight his misstatements, misteps and lies. He has done more to undermine both the free press and US intelligence agencies than any foreign power ever could. The biggest liar if the last 3 decades has tried to cover his tracks at the expense of two of the greatest pillars of our democracy.
So you are protecting the "press" that didn't fact check the previous President and a former First Lady and

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT