ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament ?

Sawyer

1500+
Aug 3, 2001
Until the first game is tipped off in Dayton next Tuesday don’t think the 2020 NCAA Basketball Championship is a done deal.
With everything that took place today, including the cancellation of the NBA games and the fans only ruling for the remaining conference championship games I will not be surprised if the NCAA does not cancel the 2020 Basketball Championship.
The media is going to grind and grind on them. State politicians are getting involved everywhere.
I hope I am wrong, but I do not see how the NCAA will be able to justify sending 1,800 student athletes and numerous staff members and NCAA officials to 14 Men’s site and as many as 21 Women’s sites over the next 3 week period.

i'm expecting the NCAA tournament to get cancelled. agree with everything you said. once Rudy Gobert got corona, it means players are susceptible. and WHO has declared it a pandemic. many schools and churches are closing so it will be tough to justify basketball.

i

ACC tournament cancelled. All conference tournaments, with the exception of the Big East have been cancelled. NCAA not cancelled yet.

NHL just suspended the season. Also Conference USA just suspended all Spring Sports. No way the tournament is going to be played.

Last edited:
I’m guessing yesterday’s win at Jim Patterson Stadium was the last College Baseball game I’m going to see for awhile too.

You have to think that will be next, given the number of people who attend those and the number of people present in order to put a car on the track. They may follow along with the other sports.
This can go on without spectators as there is limited contact with drivers themselves. That’s why I said TV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT