ADVERTISEMENT

Nanu's Foul Trouble

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Pitino implemented the plan against EMU which was trapping opponents when the ball comes into the post. That not only speeds up the opponent's decision making process, but it puts less pressure on Onuaku to make a defensive play by himself. His theory worked against Eastern Michigan, as the 6'10" sophomore big man had 12 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, and a steal and looked more engaged in he game than he has in weeks.

"We'll be doing more of that," Pitino said.

Last edited:
^^^
Big guys sneeze and they call a foul. Kid provides max effort and I think when he slows down and lets the game come to him he'll improve in this area.

Do you prefer he starts or comes off the bench?

First of all I am glad that we have 2 big men with the talent and abilities of Onuaku and Mangok. However I would prefer that one become consistent and dominant knowing that a capable sub was on the bench if needed rather than wondering which one might actually have a good game.

N
Pitino implemented the plan against EMU which was trapping opponents when the ball comes into the post. That not only speeds up the opponent's decision making process, but it puts less pressure on Onuaku to make a defensive play by himself. His theory worked against Eastern Michigan, as the 6'10" sophomore big man had 12 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, and a steal and looked more engaged in he game than he has in weeks.

Nanu Nanu

^^^
Big guys sneeze and they call a foul. Kid provides max effort and I think when he slows down and lets the game come to him he'll improve in this area.

Do you prefer he starts or comes off the bench?

I suspect you are right about Nanu's foul problems improving when he becomes totally acclimated to the college game. Hopefully with some more experience he will gain that state where the game slows down for him and lets things come naturally.

As for your question, it doesn't matter to me either way. I guess whatever the situation or game plan calls for. Either way you got a pretty talented big out there either to start or to be a spark off the bench.

It seemed to do wonders for him i just pray we can keep him consistant and out of foul trouble

It seemed to do wonders for him i just pray we can keep him consistant and out of foul trouble

Yeah being able to keep Onuaku consistently on the floor and out of foul trouble is a big key for this team. I know other guys can step up in the middle on some nights but having Onuaku sitting the bench for most of the game with foul trouble is definitely a problem.

I'm hoping this new strategy along with Nanu simply becoming more accustomed to big minutes all help reduce his penchant for fouling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT