ADVERTISEMENT

My 2 cents from last night

Chris Person

Oct 3, 2016
I'm not going to sit here and hash out all the intricacies of what went down last night as that is just painful to do, but I did want to address one thing:

I think it is perfectly acceptable to talk about whether Satterfield really is the right coach for the program right now. Does that mean fire him? No, but it does mean that even one game into the season things need to be evaluated. We watched an absolutely awful 2020 season and were promised a much different 2021 team. It's not that last night was just a disappointment. It's that last night was the exact same disappointment as last year. If he had come out with a wide open offensive playbook and lost by 20 I don't think you would be talking about his status as head coach. If he came out and ran through the gamut of QB's trying to find one to execute the offense effectively and lost by 20 then I don't think you would be talking about his status as head coach. By this point he should have enough guys in the program to put a respectable product on the field but to give him the benefit of the doubt, even if the talent isn't there yet there still could have been adjustments made to try and make up for it. Rather, we sat there last night and still tried to fit the square peg through the round hole, even though we've tried that once too many times already.

A change has to be made somewhere and Satterfield is capable of making those changes (playcalling, QB, recruiting, etc.). If the change doesn't come in the decisions being made at that level, then a decision needs to be made one level higher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News