ADVERTISEMENT

Mr basketball in Kentucky

rockycard

Four-Star Poster
Jan 8, 2007
Not only did David Johnson not win it, the Kentucky signee that only played 13 games did lol. What a joke it is outside of Jefferson county, and these same people would probably re-elect Richie if he ran for office again.

I mean, the kid averaged 43 and 12 when he played. Plus, he’s only the second Mr. Basketball to go to UK in the last 10 years. Justice and Snider both won it as Louisville commits.

Last edited:
Reactions: trinity45
I mean, the kid averaged 43 and 12 when he played. Plus, Kentucky he’s only the second Mr. Basketball to go to UK in the last 10 years. Justice and Snider both won it as Louisville commits.
What kinda competition was he up against? If he was going anywhere else he wouldn’t be considered for it.

I mean, the kid averaged 43 and 12 when he played. Plus, Kentucky he’s only the second Mr. Basketball to go to UK in the last 10 years. Justice and Snider both won it as Louisville commits.
Didn’t deserve it. Pendleton County is a trash program playing trash competition. That’s ok though, par for the course in this backward state.

If only we could annex Louisville into Southern Indiana, I’d vote yes in a heartbeat. You know, let coal and tobacco feed the rest of the state, pave the roads, etc.

I’m hopeful Trinity or Butler can survive a game or two of 8 on 5 up there in Cowtown. What a joke.

If only we could annex Louisville into Southern Indiana, I’d vote yes in a heartbeat. You know, let coal and tobacco feed the rest of the state, pave the roads, etc.
Someone asked me at work the other day if I was from Kentucky. I told her no, I am from Louisville and there IS a huge difference. I never admit I'm from Kentucky. Always Louisville.

Anyway, whatever his name is, congrats to him for winning Kentucky Mr.Basketball. David Johnson is the best player in Louisville (and Ky), and everyone knows it.

Someone asked me at work the other day if I was from Kentucky. I told her no, I am from Louisville and there IS a huge difference. I never admit I'm from Kentucky. Always Louisville.

Anyway, whatever his name is, congrats to him for winning Kentucky Mr.Basketball. David Johnson is the best player in Louisville (and Ky), and everyone knows it.
Lol. Lordy

Kentucky is a beautiful state with a ton of wonderful people.

By the way, Detroit kind of sucks but it’s part of America. I think I will start telling people I’m simply from North America. I don’t want to be mixed in with the lowers from Detroit. Wait, does that sound elitist? Crap

By the way, Detroit kind of sucks but it’s part of America. I think I will start telling people I’m simply from North America. I don’t want to be mixed in with the lowers from Detroit. Wait, does that sound elitist? Crap
Not trying to sound elitist. It's more embarrassment. Sure there are very good hard working people throughout the state, who are kind and wholesome right up to the point where they put on that UofK sweatshirt, or put that UofK hat on. It transforms those people into BBN assholes which is embarrassing for those who don't. Hard to be associated with that.

Not trying to sound elitist. It's more embarrassment. Sure there are very good hard working people throughout the state, who are kind and wholesome right up to the point where they put on that UofK sweatshirt, or put that UofK hat on. It transforms those people into BBN assholes which is embarrassing for those who don't. Hard to be associated with that.
Hayseeds...no way around it...

Reactions: earsky and Cue Card
This is not true. But hey you are embracing the rivalry to the fullest. I can appreciate that. It’s a bit extreme and overzealous but I can see you truly love your cards. Wowza.

This is not true. But hey you are embracing the rivalry to the fullest. I can appreciate that. It’s a bit extreme and overzealous but I can see you truly love your cards. Wowza.
Kitty fans and 80-90% of the state are Card haters. And, I gladly return the favor. Hell, I’m still singing “Rocky Top” from last weekend!

I find it comical that you get to come on this board and gig us and banter. You can’t do that on the kitty rivals board. I hadn’t commented on anything on that board in probably 5 years, I recently did and was banned within 15 minutes. It’s like Russia on that board. Pretty sure Putin is a Moderator over there! But hey, another reason to hate!

It's true to me, and that's really all that matters. I don't care if you have issues with it. That's on you, just like it's on you for trolling a rivals message board. Talk about embracing the rivalry. Wowza is right.

Kitty fans and 80-90% of the state are Card haters. And, I gladly return the favor. Hell, I’m still singing “Rocky Top” from last weekend!

I find it comical that you get to come on this board and gig us and banter. You can’t do that on the kitty rivals board. I hadn’t commented on anything on that board in probably 5 years, I recently did and was banned within 15 minutes. It’s like Russia on that board. Pretty sure Putin is a Moderator over there! But hey, another reason to hate!
I actually think it’s a bummer that the cat board doesn’t accommodate you guys at all. We have a solid rivalry in place, why not talk about it? I wish that would change. In the meantime this is the only place I know of to banter with the bad guys. The mods here are pretty accommodating most of the time and I appreciate that. They will still ban cat fans and I have to really bite my tongue a lot of times but I guess that’s part of the deal.

Btw, congrats on Tennessee’s win

Last edited:
It's true to me, and that's really all that matters. I don't care if you have issues with it. That's on you, just like it's on you for trolling a rivals message board. Talk about embracing the rivalry. Wowza is right.
Like I said I can appreciate it. I’m not trolling and I will largely stay out of cardinal issues. But if UK comes up then why not?

You’re right, I should learn how to address my betters.

I actually think it’s a bummer that the cat board doesn’t accommodate you guys at all. We have a solid rivalry in place, why not talk about it? I wish that would change. In the meantime this is the only place I know of to banter with the bad guys. The mods here are pretty accommodating most of the time and I appreciate that. They will still ban cat fans and I have to really bite my tongue a lot of times but I guess that’s part of the deal.

Btw, congrats on Tennessee’s win
Hey, much appreciated! I'm Card first, whoever plays kitties on that particular day as my second favorite team. Don't think for a minute you are not the same, I'll call BS on that all day long. The moderators over here are Andy Griffith with no sidearm compared to the kitty KGB on your site! You fart over on that board and you're banned, again communist ideology alive and well on that site! Can't make that up!

Reactions: Deeva
David Johnson is maybe better than Allen while he has one working ACL. Not with two though.

1a.) Dontae Allen
1.b.) KyKy Tandy

3.) David Johnson
I'd bet my wallet you've never seen him play. Maybe YouTube, you don't even know where Pendleton County is!

Reactions: Deeva
Tandy and Johnson are the best 2 players in the state. Both had to put up their numbers against a lot of D1 players in their own cities.

Pendleton County was playing teams with really no one who could guard Allen. Tandy and Johnson would've easily averaged 40 against that schedule.

Lord. Basing your identity on sports is ridiculous regardless. That’s hardly going to be a reason I judge an entire state. I’ll take the horses, the bourbon, and the beautiful land. I’ve become totally indifferent about sports but have enough sense to take this state over Indiana.

Your the guy who said Duke would be better without RJ Barrett. That alone shows how stupid you are.
I said can you imagine Zion if he didn’t play with the black hole RJ Barrett.

If Barrett went down instead of Zion duke is still #1

Don’t let a difference in one opinion cloud your judgement more than your team affiliation already has. David Johnson is a nice player but isn’t on par with the top two players in the state.

I’m disappointed Kentucky and Louisville both passed on Tandy (assuming you guys passed). He is going to be fun to keep track of

Lord. Basing your identity on sports is ridiculous regardless. That’s hardly going to be a reason I judge an entire state. I’ll take the horses, the bourbon, and the beautiful land. I’ve become totally indifferent about sports but have enough sense to take this state over Indiana.
Southern Kentucky and Southern Indiana are practically one in the same. Eastern Kentucky is the land of meth and inbreeding.

Didn’t deserve it. Pendleton County is a trash program playing trash competition. That’s ok though, par for the course in this backward state.

I’m hopeful Trinity or Butler can survive a game or two of 8 on 5 up there in Cowtown. What a joke.
I think the kid probably should have played more than 1/2 the season to get the award. But he is the highest rated kid in Kentucky by almost 50 spots. (55 Allen, Johnson 101 and Tandy 103.). Plus he did put up crazy numbers during the summer and 1/2 the season. In my opinion Tandy should have probably won the award , based on being the best player who played the entire season.

His own coach states signing with UK is partly the reason why he won the award. No, no bias to see here.

“I don’t think any other candidates can say that. Us scheduling appropriately, him averaging 45 points a game, those things were definitely factors in the award, along with him signing with the University of Kentucky. ... I think people appreciate that he grew up in a small town and even though he was looked at by several schools — prep schools, different high schools — that he stayed home and played with his high school friends. That says more about his character than it does him as an athlete, and I think he’s well respected for that.”

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/hig...rticle227162264.html#storylink=mainstage_lead

Kentucky is backward and it has nothing to do with whether the state is beautiful or not. And it doesn’t mean there aren’t hardworking people. It’s just the way it is. Education near the bottom, wet counties near the bottom, health near the bottom, now gambling will be last if at all. List goes on and on. When it comes to SuCk being threatened by another university, well that’s when their at the top of the list. Its just what it is.

Reactions: Deeva and earsky
Kentucky is backward and it has nothing to do with whether the state is beautiful or not. And it doesn’t mean there aren’t hardworking people. It’s just the way it is. Education near the bottom, wet counties near the bottom, health near the bottom, now gambling will be last if at all. List goes on and on. When it comes to SuCk being threatened by another university, well that’s when their at the top of the list. Its just what it is.
Well you don’t have to be a proud Kentuckian.

I just can’t believe you’d choose to live in such a miserable place

Reactions: cwcat
LOL, coming from a moniker calling himself the king of BIG BLUE NATION. Now tell me again WHO is basing their IDENTITY on sports??? If you had half a brain, you could figure it out and further cements why it is embarrassing to admit where I'm from. We fellow Kentuckians have a reputation of being toothless and stupid. It's sad but you aren't helping defeat that perception.

Last edited:
They could have waited one week until the State Tourney is over. David Johnson or Moreno from Scott Co. could lead their teams to the title and be named MVP. Don't care how great a prospect a kid is, only playing in 13 games is a disqualifier Something smells here.These people have been exposed and should be embarrassed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT