ADVERTISEMENT

Moral victories...

Moral victories AKA competitiveness will matter with the Payne decision. Esp. when they have to pay millions to see if they can replace moral victories with actual wins. That’s not the sure thing we try to make it appear…

Last edited:
Saw a tweet today that was an excerpt from the Jerry Eaves show. He said Bridgeman and Houston want Payne to get another year..

Remember how it felt when Krags got a 3rd year.? Brace yourself..
First off, I trust eaves as far as I can throw his wife but at this point, who gives a great pixilated f*ck about what bridgeman and houston want?!? Does anyone for a second believe that bridgeman would have come to own the kajillions of Wendy’s etc. he does, by tolerating that level of ineptitude from someone who worked for him?

Here’s a deal - if they truly want a third year if this shitshow, they should not only pony up the annual salaries of payne, manning and, smith but, they should also purchase all the season tickets that have been non-renewed.

First off, I trust eaves as far as I can throw his wife but at this point, who gives a great pixilated f*ck about what bridgeman and houston want?!? Does anyone for a second believe that bridgeman would have come to own the kajillions of Wendy’s etc. he does, by tolerating that level of ineptitude from someone who worked for him?

Here’s a deal - if they truly want a third year if this shitshow, they should not only pony up the annual salaries of payne, manning and, smith but, they should also purchase all the season tickets that have been non-renewed.
Hey, Don't shoot the messenger. Personally I believe Eaves when he says they want him to have another year, so does Eaves and a lot of other KP Mafia troops. It's just a matter of if the administration has the stomach to take them on. I have serious doubts..

Reactions: BPGhost
Hey, Don't shoot the messenger. Personally I believe Eaves when he says they want him to have another year, so does Eaves and a lot of other KP Mafia troops. It's just a matter of if the administration has the stomach to take them on. I have serious doubts..
So next year will have zero fans in the YUM! Because people like Bridgeman, Beard and Eaves don’t go to games…probably don’t even watch them. Their interest is not UL MBB, it’s not the team, the players, the fans or the won/loss records…it’s about promoting their own agenda which is KP…at any and all costs. They should no longer be considered supporters of UL sports, and their thoughts, feeling and money should be disregarded.

I have no idea where UofL's admin is going with all this.

All I know is, the fans as a group aren't going back to the Yum for Kenny, barring a miracle.

And I'm talking a Red Sea parting miracle, not your average, run of the mill, day to day miracle like the rain stopping for a minute when I was coming out of the grocery this morning. I'm talking about Kenny signs 5 elite freshmen and 3 elite Portal players. And even then people will only come back for 1 game.

Pretty much an out of reach miracle, but prove me wrong if you really are back for Year 3, Kenny!

I'm assuming UofL's admin is aware they won't sell a bunch of tickets next year if they bring Kenny back for Year 3. The question is whether that is their top priority for basketball. Again I have no clue.

Luckily for us, we get to find out in March/April or so whether Kenny is back, then we get to make an educated decision on whether and how much time/money/emotions we want to invest in next November's team.

Moral victories AKA competitiveness will matter with the Payne decision. Esp. when they have to pay millions to see if they can replace moral victories with actual wins. That’s not the sure thing we try to make it appear…
You and money, is that all you think about? How about the money keeping Payne is costing them? You have no idea.

Reactions: rh62531
The only reason they would keep Payne is racially motivated…period.
G’town did it crippling their program and it seems Louisville is doing it also.

You pretty much have it right. No chance Payne’s backers are giving up this crusade. And they think he deserves every nickel he’s being paid by OTHER people, not themselves.

The U of L guys in charge either back Payne or see no easy alternative than to keep him employed. And they don’t respect this basketball program like the fans do. To them, this is a tragedy for Payne and themselves, no one else.

If you as a fan think these guys are looking out for you, you’re seriously mistaken…

Reactions: Cardiac Red
You pretty much have it right. No chance Payne’s backers are giving up this crusade. And they think he deserves every nickel he’s being paid by OTHER people, not themselves.

The U of L guys in charge either back Payne or see no easy alternative than to keep him employed. And they don’t respect this basketball program like the fans do. To them, this is a tragedy for Payne and themselves, no one else.

If you as a fan think these guys are looking out for you, you’re seriously mistaken…
Just like I said. It’s not a basketball issue, it’s a racial issue.

The only way to beat this wrong is to not attend games. Sadly though 🤡’s who put themselves before the program will continue you to go and keep the lower bowl fairly full. We’re doomed think G’town or maybe worse.

If Payne returns, I am done forever as a Louisville basketball fan. I will put all my money into football and baseball.

It may be a racial issue for some but we don’t know if the admin has that point of view. We also don’t know how much influence Bridgeman and Houston have with this decision. Time will tell.

At the end of the day the coach is an investment. He either produces dividends or he doesn’t. At this point he is tanking the stock price. There has to be incremental improvement within the entire program. There has to be a clear plan going into year 3. Not even his supporters could justify keeping him.

They lost the game by double digits again. That isn’t a moral victory. That is a beating.

So next year will have zero fans in the YUM! Because people like Bridgeman, Beard and Eaves don’t go to games…probably don’t even watch them. Their interest is not UL MBB, it’s not the team, the players, the fans or the won/loss records…it’s about promoting their own agenda which is KP…at any and all costs. They should no longer be considered supporters of UL sports, and their thoughts, feeling and money should be disregarded.
No argument from me..

Reactions: OldhamCard335
...are piling up. If that means anything I would expect to see coach Useless on the bench again next year. Fingers crossed for common sense to prevail at the end of the day.
I am sorry but there is no way last night's performance can be construed as a moral victory by anyone when we were abused by the Blue Devils on their offensive glass. Rebounding is hustle, technique and just plain old want to. BOX OUT for starters.

Sorry - wasn’t trying to do shoot you at all. I too believe that’s what eaves, etc would like. I’m just trying to understand why they would get it.

Reactions: shadow force
I am sorry but there is no way last night's performance can be construed as a moral victory by anyone when we were abused by the Blue Devils on their offensive glass. Rebounding is hustle, technique and just plain old want to. BOX OUT for starters.
I know that, you know that, most on here know that. After all, we are intelligent people who believe what our own eyes have shown us. Those that want kp back next year will ignore that and will reach for any plum they can pick, even moral victories. I mean after all, we were beating Duke at one point. Even if it was at the beginning and not the end.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
I have no idea where UofL's admin is going with all this.

All I know is, the fans as a group aren't going back to the Yum for Kenny, barring a miracle.

And I'm talking a Red Sea parting miracle, not your average, run of the mill, day to day miracle like the rain stopping for a minute when I was coming out of the grocery this morning. I'm talking about Kenny signs 5 elite freshmen and 3 elite Portal players. And even then people will only come back for 1 game.

Pretty much an out of reach miracle, but prove me wrong if you really are back for Year 3, Kenny!

I'm assuming UofL's admin is aware they won't sell a bunch of tickets next year if they bring Kenny back for Year 3. The question is whether that is their top priority for basketball. Again I have no clue.

Luckily for us, we get to find out in March/April or so whether Kenny is back, then we get to make an educated decision on whether and how much time/money/emotions we want to invest in next November's team.
I'm not directly responding to your post but wanted to comment about attendance. I haven't been to the Yum Center since Payne was named coach. I decided that I would maybe go to the Duke game. If you go to Ticketmaster, there is not a lower level ticket less than $100... Yeah, I know I could probably go on the street and grab some cheaper tickets. If you watched any of the Duke game on TV, you would see that the lower arena was pretty much occupied, not like it used to be, but definitely a lot better than the nonconference games. Now are they letting people from the upper sections just come down and sit where they want, I don't know but from a casual observer, there looked to be plenty of fans in attendance.

P. S - I didn't go and I wasn't disappointed.

I noticed that as well. When the cameras were on the floor during timeouts you could see the empty seats that are out of view during game play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT