ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou Sanctions

CardFanBudMan

25000+
Gold Member
Jul 12, 2006
The Ville
I am not sure if this tells us anything about our situation. Maybe, there are some parallels. Mizzou got caught literally paying players for work not done via a booster. I think that is about as egregious of an NCAA violation that there can be. However, does the NCAA want to make an example of us for using strippers, given the current climate and rightfully so of protecting women?

The NCAA pretty much accepted Mizzou's self-discipline. The only extra discipline was that the NCAA added a year of probation. The other sanctions were very similar including loss of scholarships, a postseason ban, recruiting restrictions and, gulp, vacating wins. Obviously, we cannot forfeit those wins and the 2013 NC. I am not sure if this is good news or not, but I hope it means the NCAA will accept our self-imposed sanctions.

The timing of this is also concerning. Maybe, the Mizzou investigation took longer for some reason. However, the fact is it drug on a while. I am not sure if that was completely due to the NCAA. The investigation began in December of 2013. Mizzou self imposed sanctions in January of 2016. The NCAA just accepted their sanctions this week with the caveat of one added year of probation. That means it took the NCAA 8 months to review and accept the sanctions. I cannot recall when we self-imposed, but I feel like it was early February. This thing might not be ending as soon as we all had hoped.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article93251962.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News