ADVERTISEMENT

Mick haters cost us dearly

Aug 7, 2022
Remember advocating strongly for Mick Cronin just to be ridiculed by the mob with appearance jokes, temperament issues. Just think where we would be right now had it been Mick not Mack? Well, I did my job.

Remember advocating strongly for Mick Cronin just to be ridiculed by the mob with appearance jokes, temperament issues. Just think where we would be right now had it been Mick not Mack? Well, I did my job.
Lol - because Cronin was / would have been a can’t miss to pull the program through all that had happened? It entirely possible - probable even - that Cronin would have been fired as Mack was.

Lol - because Cronin was / would have been a can’t miss to pull the program through all that had happened? It entirely possible - probable even - that Cronin would have been fired as Mack was.
So all coaches are equal and it only depends on where they are? Got it! 🤦‍♂️

So all coaches are equal and it only depends on where they are? Got it! 🤦‍♂️
Where was there a comment about “all coaches”? You brought up two coaches - Mack and Cronin and suggested that there was some appreciable difference between the two. The reality is that - like most of your posts - there’s no reality. You have no idea what would have happened had Cronin been hired - weirdly you’re simply trying to pat yourself on the back for an imaginary scenario.

And yes, where a coach “is” plays a huge part in their success. If you don’t understand that basic fact, I’m not sure what to tell you.

Most fans endorse Davenport over Payne. I would endorse my never played a sport before daughter over Payne. Don't make it sound like that's who we want hired next.

Reactions: BPGhost
Where was there a comment about “all coaches”? You brought up two coaches - Mack and Cronin and suggested that there was some appreciable difference between the two. The reality is that - like most of your posts - there’s no reality. You have no idea what would have happened had Cronin been hired - weirdly you’re simply trying to pat yourself on the back for an imaginary scenario.

And yes, where a coach “is” plays a huge part in their success. If you don’t understand that basic fact, I’m not sure what to tell you.
Most fans would now endorse Scott Davenport. The standards are obviously lower…
No they wouldn’t

Well shit, why didn’t you just say that Don McLean was in favor of it?!? Why haven’t those killer McLean endorsed practices resulted into annual deep tourney runs for Cronin? That’s weird.

Attention Josh Heird! No need to look further - Don McLean has spoken! Honestly , I was a little disappointed that he didn’t break into American Pie on that clip.

No one not named Kenny Payne was going to get hired. It didn't matter what any of us thought. The decision had been made for reasons we all know.

I’ll play along - just why wouldn’t they endorse Davenport over the worst D1 basketball coach in history?

In the parallel universe where those are the only two choices, we’d take Davenport.

In our universe, we are not limited to just those two options.

Reactions: RealStateBird
Well shit, why didn’t you just say that Don McLean was in favor of it?!? Why haven’t those killer McLean endorsed practices resulted into annual deep tourney runs for Cronin? That’s weird.

Attention Josh Heird! No need to look further - Don McLean has spoken! Honestly , I was a little disappointed that he didn’t break into American Pie on that clip.

Let me get this straight … you object to Cronin because of the lack of deep tourney runs?

He made the Final 4 in 2021. He followed that up with Sweet 16’s in 2022 and 2023. That’s 9 wins versus 3 losses in each of the last three NCAA tourneys (2021 was the year they advanced as a 11-seed play-in game).

Not sure what you’re defining as deep playoff runs, but Cronin’s last three years are better than anyone else except for those coaches who’ve actually won national titles.

Reactions: RealStateBird
Let me get this straight … you object to Cronin because of the lack of deep tourney runs?

He made the Final 4 in 2021. He followed that up with Sweet 16’s in 2022 and 2023. That’s 9 wins versus 3 losses in each of the last three NCAA tourneys (2021 was the year they advanced as a 11-seed play-in game).

Not sure what you’re defining as deep playoff runs, but Cronin’s last three years are better than anyone else except for those coaches who’ve actually won national titles.
I don’t object to hiring Cronin now - not that it’s in the realm of possibility for multiple reasons either now or, when Payne was hired. Back when his name was floated prior to Mack being hired, I thought we could do better than him.

My mind hasn’t changed on that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT