ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Bagley and Nike

There was a story about Cousins Mom being poor, moved to Lexington for a few months and lived in a nice home owned by an ex coach I believe. NCAA doesn’t worry about things like that. Lol

It’s obvious that this kind of thing should not be against ncaa rules. If shoe companies want to pay high dollar figures to teenagers, then as long as parents or guardians give consent, then who the hell is the NCAA to stop them from profiting, especially when the NCAA is itself profiting? If it’s out in the open then the organization can set a cap and other rules. Keeping it under the table only encourages shady practices and selective application of the rules and punishment.

Reactions: American Male
It’s obvious that this kind of thing should not be against ncaa rules. If shoe companies want to pay high dollar figures to teenagers, then as long as parents or guardians give consent, then who the hell is the NCAA to stop them from profiting, especially when the NCAA is itself profiting? If it’s out in the open then the organization can set a cap and other rules. Keeping it under the table only encourages shady practices and selective application of the rules and punishment.

I don’t think it makes it obvious that the NCAA should make it legal. The NCAA can have whatever rules they want. What needs to be done is that the NCAA enforce their rules evenly. And that the shoe companies should just form their own league if they want to pay athletes that don’t have the desire to adhere to the rules in place by the NCAA.

I think what needs to happen is the NCAA should not take hundreds of millions of dollars indirectly from a shoe company, Nike, that pays college recruits under the table. There is a major conflict of interest and I for one don't believe it is a coincidence that Nike UNC and Nike Duke and Nike UK get away with murder and Adidas Louisville got the NCAA's worst hammer ever.

Might as well forget anything happening with Nike players period. You see what has happened due to Addias and under armour cutting into their game. Nike has owned the grass root circuit for ever and any threat was not going to be tolerated. Just a coincidence some of the Addias caught players tried using Nike methods and all of a sudden the FBI is involved and boom U of L signs the most lucrative contract with a shoe apparel Addias. And gets in on a top tier recruit for the first time and who is the first and only coach gone Rick SMH. Miller is going to be the sacrificial lamb for the NIKE blue blood programs tArizona the odd man out of the 4 headed triangle Duke, NC,Ky,Kans

Reactions: American Male
Might as well forget anything happening with Nike players period. You see what has happened due to Addias and under armour cutting into their game. Nike has owned the grass root circuit for ever and any threat was not going to be tolerated. Just a coincidence some of the Addias caught players tried using Nike methods and all of a sudden the FBI is involved and boom U of L signs the most lucrative contract with a shoe apparel Addias. And gets in on a top tier recruit for the first time and who is the first and only coach gone Rick SMH. Miller is going to be the sacrificial lamb for the NIKE blue blood programs tArizona the odd man out of the 4 headed triangle Duke, NC,Ky,Kans
Not so sure Miller goes. They haven’t done anything to him yet.

Not so sure Miller goes. They haven’t done anything to him yet.
Gurantee he is out once this tourney starts whinning down you will hear the chatter he's out. That's why i am praying Vince and whomever he is using to assist with the next hire are working the back door channels with Mack . Cause i bet Arizona is

Gurantee he is out once this tourney starts whinning down you will hear the chatter he's out. That's why i am praying Vince and whomever he is using to assist with the next hire are working the back door channels with Mack . Cause i bet Arizona is
Mack has no ties to Arizona and Arizona doesn’t have quite the tradition we have to my knowledge. Also at last check (9 hours ago) Miller was out recruiting. Unless the NCAA says he’s out, Arizona is taking the UNC approach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT