ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Williams Injury

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Louisville’s official game notes for Sunday’s game against Virginia Tech list junior center Malik Williams as “doubtful” to participate in the game. Williams suffered a left ankle injury during the first half of U of L’s Monday night loss at Florida State.

He’s not practicing yet, so anything that we put out there is purely speculative,” Mack said of Williams during his Friday press conference.” We’ve got to get the swelling down, the pain to go down as much as we possibly can, knowing that when he comes back he won’t be 100 percent. No one usually is this time of year.”

Never expected for him to play tomorrow. He has to be 100% healthy when we play Virginia again. Hold him out, get him healthy. He means too much to the team to push him back too soon.

Go CARDS!!!

Never expected for him to play tomorrow. He has to be 100% healthy when we play Virginia again. Hold him out, get him healthy. He means too much to the team to push him back too soon.

Go CARDS!!!

Agreed. He's too valuable to rush back and is needed for the post season especially. I hate that Malik has not been 100% basically all season and now this injury happens.

Reactions: Cue Card
He's a key piece. Team is thin up front. He was riding a strong 7 game streak of big time production. So this is a set-back hopefully he'll be close to 100% for the post season.

If he's not close to 100%, hell I wouldnt play him until he is. If that means missing the ACC tourney, then so be it. That gives him 17-18 days to play when it matters!

If he's not close to 100%, hell I wouldnt play him until he is. If that means missing the ACC tourney, then so be it. That gives him 17-18 days to play when it matters!

Good point, as good as it would be to win the ACC we really need to keep our eyes on the prize. That’s not to make light of what winning the ACC would do for our seed, but i still don’t think we’d get a 1 seed even if we were to win it.

Losing at Virginia may not effect our seeding much one way or another for March. Malik not being 100% for the tournament will definitely cause us to have an early exit.

Rest him up.

Just based on the projections and NET rankings I think we can sneak into a 2 if we win Sat and the ACC tourney. I dont think we drop any lower than 4 no matter what happens. I, ultimately think we are a 3 seed when the dust settles. But hell with as many teams losing every week, everything is still very much in the air.

I could be entirely wrong but for some reason I don’t believe seeding will be as important as much as the matchups. That’s probably always the case but when you are looking possible 2 seeds in San Diego St and Seton Hall, #1’s like Dayton and Gonzaga, unusual seasons for teams like Duke and Michigan St., it’s just difficult to say with certainty who is going to be in the FF.

I could be entirely wrong but for some reason I don’t believe seeding will be as important as much as the matchups. That’s probably always the case but when you are looking possible 2 seeds in San Diego St and Seton Hall, #1’s like Dayton and Gonzaga, unusual seasons for teams like Duke and Michigan St., it’s just difficult to say with certainty who is going to be in the FF.

I agree that with the way things have played out this season, matchups are more important than ever in the tournament. The parity in college ball this season is real.

I agree with this. I've seen some of the mick brackets where I'd much rather be the 3 in over a 2 seed.

Agree...'ll take it one more step with you... what about proximity/game location? Don't want to catch an opponent in their back yard and if close to home Cards fan have a history of traveling well.

Agree...'ll take it one more step with you... what about proximity/game location? Don't want to catch an opponent in their back yard and if close to home Cards fan have a history of traveling well.
Yeah it bodes well for us but not for an opponent of UK. Their fans will turn it into a home away from home environment.

If he can't go it makes this game a lot harder but I think its more winnable than Fsu without him. One thing that did happen with Sutton at the 5 was the ball movement was good and it meant that we had 5 guys who could shoot the 3 spread the floor and drive to the basket. we need to make Uva pay for having 2 bigs on the floor on the offensive end if we end up with that lineup.

If he can't go it makes this game a lot harder but I think its more winnable than Fsu without him. One thing that did happen with Sutton at the 5 was the ball movement was good and it meant that we had 5 guys who could shoot the 3 spread the floor and drive to the basket. we need to make Uva pay for having 2 bigs on the floor on the offensive end if we end up with that lineup.
Problem is Diakate hes has too much length for Sam or Sutton to have to deal with . Enoch is defensive lazy Huff will take him on the perimeter leaving Diakte on the smaller guys .We do a horrible job of keeping people out the lane . They really needed Williams healthy for this game doesn't seem to be happening. Always something alot is on the line with game a loss drops them to the 3 seed in ACC tourney also. I just want this team for one dam time this year knowing what is at stake to lay it all on the line just bring some dam i want this more than you mentality . Is that so hard to do one time?

I don't like the Card's chances at UVA without Malik. This was already going to be a tough game, but with him out it doesn't look too good.

Reactions: Deeva
Malik is doubtful for saturday. UVA has a 7 footer who has been playing well recently. we might have to play more zone since we have no size outside of Enoch.

While it was good to see Malik out there today, he was nowhere near well enough to truly help out. I know that fact bothers Malik more than anyone. Keep healing, big man, and help out as much as possible in the post season.

Reactions: nccardfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT