ADVERTISEMENT

LSU has bought their next championship

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Just added the player from DePaul (Morrow). They are now loaded. Some $$$ flowing in Bayou-land.

Yeah unfortunately this is the new reality and if we want to compete we are going to have to do the same thing. LSU and South Carolina are leading the way. I think UConn is getting players based on their tradition and because of Geno. Players want to go there because he has proven he could win the title. Unfortunately I think this will eventually effect UConn if they don’t pay for athletes.

Regrettably, I see this most recent development (Mulkey & LSU) as an indication to where college sports is heading; the end of amateur sports as we knew it.

I must concede the fact that we are equally responsible, as HVL‘s NIL money started at UL and in all fairness, we have utilized the portal as much as anyone. I, by no means, am critical of Jeff, as he is only doing what he can to keep us competitive with the rest.

Only a matter of time before schools like South Dakota State will become the equivalent of the G-league to the NBA; their talent being poached by the sharks looking for help.

I blame U of L for a lot of things—rightfully—but one was not heaping NIL money on HVL. She handled that on her own.

I also wanna see how team chemistry works on LSU next year…

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT