ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Penn State

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
We were seriously beaten in the first set doing better in the 2nd set but not good enough. I don’t understand the strategy here instead of slamming the ball over the net we are soft touching it. Needless to say this is not working it looks like our first match of the season.

We just got swept and it wasn’t close Penn State is really good but we looked totally lost. Every time we tried to do the soft touch placement of the ball they scored on us. I think we were doing it so much because we were trying to avoid the block.
They need to work on hitting to the side to avoid the block.
Penn State was up for this match because we swept them last year so they got their revenge. We need to recoup quickly because it doesn’t get any easier.

They just were not ready and PSU was. Setting up as horrible. Bad decisions and unforced errors. Terrible.
Now, learn from it and move on.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I have never witnessed a more disappointing performance by a UL VB team than last night. PSU may very well be the best in America right now, particularly at home. However, you could see early on that UL made mistakes that were uncharacteristic.

Bad sets and confusion with players running into each other . It wasn’t our night It was almost like this was our first match of then season while learning a new system.

Setting has me checking concerned. Average setting can take you a long way with great players on the court- but - only so far. A great setter can take their team to final 4s and championships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT