ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Ole Miss

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I am watching the Miami vs Villanova game and panel asked what lower seed team has a chance to make a run in the tournament? Nikki Farrgas said she thought Ole Miss had a chance to make a run and she thought they could get by Iowa. So evidently Nikki and others forget they play us before the possibility of playing Iowa. I also saw where Ole Miss said their main goal is to shutdown HVL.

i thought, like most every UL WBB fan thought, we played Texas the way most of us expected all of our ladies to play most of this season.

if we get the same level of effort and contribution tonight, we will win comfortably. That may be too much to ask for, so I will be pleased with a win any way we can get it.

I am watching the Miami vs Villanova game and panel asked what lower seed team has a chance to make a run in the tournament? Nikki Farrgas said she thought Ole Miss had a chance to make a run and she thought they could get by Iowa. So evidently Nikki and others forget they play us before the possibility of playing Iowa. I also saw where Ole Miss said their main goal is to shutdown HVL.
Well then I guess CC, Morgan, and Kasa need to step up. If Olivia plays like she did the last game they’ll have their hands full. I’m loving the potential of looking past us. I guarantee that’s not the case in our camp

I looked up Nikki Fargas she is an SEC hack that is why she is pumping Ole Miss. She keeps talking how Ole Miss held Stanford to 49 points. Even though Cameron Brink and Haley Jones had injuries Ole Miss still held the rest of the Stanford team below their average. Then I read an article on Her Hoops and they wrote that is was no surprise Stanford lost. They wrote that Stanford struggled offensively the last month of the regular season. The only 2 players that did not struggle were Haley Jones and Cameron Brink the 2 players that were injured.

I am not in Louisville right now and my power has gone out because of a storm. My luck it will stay out until our game is over.

This is our path to greatness. Its our "show me" game.
After the first 5 games of the season, I predicted were a Sweet 16 team.
We had trouble guarding opposing guards. They would drive and kill us. Guys weren't moving their feet on defense. I was really hard on Jones, and CC... and HVL... and Dixon. Really hard on them... I felt like our talent level, especially defensively, was just not at an Elite Level... We beat who we were supposed to beat, but the wins were not super convincing. Typical Walz teams started the season with 20 and 30 point pastings that left opponents upset and vowing vengeance. MTSU loss was an eye opener... Gonzaga... sheesh... heading into ACC conference season, you could Walz was getting frustrated with some of his moving parts. We all had high expectations of the transfers... and for whatever reason, neither of them were ready to take the bull by the horns for their "new roles". Finally Jeff had enough. We are something like 13-3 with MyKasa, Sue Kasa, Your Kasa, Robinson in the lineup... She is averaging like 7 assists per game... and we were able to start exerting defensive prowess on teams. Lost close games to NC State... VT, Notre Dame... and a laugher to WFU...

If we dont make it out of this round, I applaud the team... If we do... we live another day... and I am GRATEFUL for it...

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
MANNNNN, they HYPING OLE MISS off the chain... interviewing they lil coach... who look and sound like some body's sweet little ol soulful church momma... smh... Montages, clippings, interviews. sheesh...

What is CC doing holding the ball at the top of the key until only 6 seconds left and then we have to take a bad shot

What is CC doing holding the ball at the top of the key until only 6 seconds left and then we have to take a bad shot
She’s made some boneheaded moves. Slipped back to me ball a little. Have missed two layups and one she had no business taking. Which is why she’s on the bench I suspect

This is an ugly game and that is what Ole Miss wants. We need to keep the lead and expand it by playing defense. I have seen this story to other teams in the tournament. You lead the whole game and then relinquish the lead at the end and have to fight for your life.

This was a weird game in the way we substituted with the players. How come no Harris or Williams. It was great to see Morgan come to life. Marissa Russell did great, we played good defense but a total different tempo to the game than the Texas game. I am glad we won for multiple reasons it helps us advance is the main reason. The other reason was that the announcers kept talking about how great a coach the Ole Miss coach was and how good their players were. We won so they finally had to recognize that we were the better team.

Talk about a team win; unbelievable contributions from everyone who stepped out on that court.

I am somewhat reluctant to emphasize Jones performance from this incredible team effort, but I honestly believe her energy and athleticism is the key ingredient to our success in this tournament. I know that is difficult to isolate on Morgan’s game, particularly knowing what Mykassa, Hailey, Olivia, Liz and others have done …… it’s just what I see when Jones comes in. I think our girls are better when Morgan is on the floor and engaged.

Morgan’s initial drive and floater for 2 points in the first quarter set the stage for our half court offense, as I do not believe Ole Miss defense was adequately prepared for her ability to move so fast with the ball, and it resulted in difficulty to double team HVL whenever she was on the court. Her 11 points and 7 rebound game last night was essentially absent from the greatest portion of the regular season, but when she plays at the level she is exhibiting right now ……. I am not sure anyone can defend us.

Just watched the game this morning. Wow. So happy for this group. I really don’t think they played their best either. I’ll give my player of the game to Kasa. Man, she is the heartbeat of this team. So much hustle, heart, grit and toughness.

Both CC and HVL are struggling
Ole Miss's defense is legit. They are up into you relentlessly. I think they wore HVL down a little by her trying to getting open shots. Luckily she didn't force it too much. I think earlier in the season, she would have forced things by taking bad shots. Now she's giving the ball back to Robinson or trying to find a big down low. CC needs space to get her shot off. I wish she would sometimes get to the foul line for a jumper.

Talk about a team win; unbelievable contributions from everyone who stepped out on that court.

I am somewhat reluctant to emphasize Jones performance from this incredible team effort, but I honestly believe her energy and athleticism is the key ingredient to our success in this tournament. I know that is difficult to isolate on Morgan’s game, particularly knowing what Mykassa, Hailey, Olivia, Liz and others have done …… it’s just what I see when Jones comes in. I think our girls are better when Morgan is on the floor and engaged.

Morgan’s initial drive and floater for 2 points in the first quarter set the stage for our half court offense, as I do not believe Ole Miss defense was adequately prepared for her ability to move so fast with the ball, and it resulted in difficulty to double team HVL whenever she was on the court. Her 11 points and 7 rebound game last night was essentially absent from the greatest portion of the regular season, but when she plays at the level she is exhibiting right now ……. I am not sure anyone can defend us.
In short, I agree that the play of Jones can be what separates us from other teams but also like you say, when she is engaged. She plays a different speed than the other players because of her athleticism, but if she goes on her own it can be disruptive to our offense too. It's almost like she can get to the rim on anybody but its whether or not she finishes the layup, gets fouled or sometimes she charges or throws up a crazy shot. Double edge sword, you want her to play under control but sometimes she is best when she is aggressive.

This was a weird game in the way we substituted with the players. How come no Harris or Williams. It was great to see Morgan come to life. Marissa Russell did great, we played good defense but a total different tempo to the game than the Texas game. I am glad we won for multiple reasons it helps us advance is the main reason. The other reason was that the announcers kept talking about how great a coach the Ole Miss coach was and how good their players were. We won so they finally had to recognize that we were the better team.
Walz can only have 5 players on the court, and the advantage of having such a deep roster allows him to play those who are getting it done.

Once Jones and Russell started scoring, and handling the ball on the press, Harris and Williams minutes weren't needed. Neither handle the ball well and neither were needed down low because Cochran and Dixon were playing well.

Harris started and will continue to do so, but there's no reason for Walz to put her in when he was getting what he wanted from who he had in. This is not little league where the coach wants to play people so everyone gets a chance. Kono hasn't seen the court these past two games because she wasn't needed, but against Iowa she may be if she gets in a makes a couple of 3's?

Everyone loves a deep roster with more talented players than the 5 on the court, but that means sometimes these players may find themselves on the bench not due to their bad play, but due to the good play from other players.

Reactions: uncle_D
I agree with your analogy of the game and I also think the style of play determines who plays.I missed the first half because I am in Tennessee right now and we had power outages from the storm. I didn’t see who played in the first half. I love the fact that we have players that can come in and contribute.
The Iowa game will be played at a different pace, I actually think the pace will be better for us. I guess we won’t know until game time but we have played better running down hill. If we can get everybody clicking st the same time this team can go far. I like everybody predicting our demise so think it gives more motivation. Let’s keep that chip on our shoulder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT