ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS NORTH CAROLINA GAME THREAD

We're off to our usual really bad start, not enough rebounding at either end. Missing layups so just dunk it but no and lazy defense. Let's hope we figure things out before we get to far behind.

This is what happens when you give these guys days off during a slow week. DP did the same thing before the uk game. Afraid we are NIT bound.

VJ looking selfish as usual, I don’t think our wings like team ball. Smfh

Snider looks like he’s gained 30 pounds since the season started, he can’t guard anyone.

Things got better but we still need to play better to win this game. I don't know what Adel was doing holding the ball out there before making a move it forced us into a bad shot. I guess the thing that bothers me most is we are still making the same mistakes that we have been making all year.

This team does not know how to go hard after loose balls and rebounds. There is a reason it always seems like the opposing team always get those instead of the Cards.

Last edited:
Can't win if you can't rebound the misses. UNC has too many good players to give them extra chances. Losing out on all those rebounds is the difference in this game. If we could just shore up the rebounding, we could get back in this game.

We're just standing around way too much on offense and defense. I hate to say it but if we keep playing like this there is no way we win this game. This reminds me of the Syracuse game.

Reactions: brookstreet
True Kozmas. The lack of effort is depressing. All week to work on things and the kids act like they have dead legs. Not liking the effort much thus far. Only in spurts.

Reactions: brookstreet
Cory go back to Taylorsville. DP still a green coach, I like his potential but he needs to grow someplace else after the season. Would welcome him back if/when he proves himself worthy of a top tier job.
And you’re a no ranking prospect that I wouldn’t care if you came back or not..

Reactions: Deeva
Can't blame the refs for the effort. Both teams have got away with a ton tonight, but UNC has wanted it more thus far.

Reactions: shadow force
The effort picked up the last 6 minutes or so but UNC has matched it. It doesn't look like the Cards are going to make it all the way back tonight. That 3 by May was a dagger. Cards down by 8 w/ 3 minutes to go.

Tough night. UNC was just the better team tonight with the better effort. Hats off to the TarHeels.
It’s just really disappointing to see the effort from guys like Mahmoud and King. And while Spaulding is our best big, he left a lot of points out there. I wonder why he was leading the fast break on at least 3 occasions. Shouldn’t he be rebounding? Everyone plays us to switch so they can get the mismatch. Tired of seeing guards blow by Mahmoud for easy baskets or putbacks.

Reactions: Louisville JD
NIT for sure, they haven't beat anyone because they aren't very good. They earned the NIT bid. They have played everyone pretty good except team that are more talented, in those games it has been close. UK, Virginia, and UNC really never had a chance in those three games. In a year when everyone beats someone good Louisville beat no one.

Here's the way I choose to look at it. Even with a win tonight, let's get serious, we weren't/aren't gonna win the whole thing anyway. Only one team will and we are not close enough to be in that group. Hell, it would be a freak of nature to even be able to squeeze this team into a Final 4. So just keepin it real. Now on the plus side, UK is not gonna win it either. We are gonna be a couple of years from here on out to be a legit contender again unfortunately. I still watch and cheer though. Games like tonights bummed me out during the game with all the frustrating stuff this team does, but right now, I'm OK. It is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT