ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS KENTUCKY GAME THREAD

I agree sUcK has the advantage in the talent next year that will start to change. I still think we made a lot of unforced turnovers today and the unusually missed free throws hurt. However this will help us improve our game down the road.

Thinking the same thing . Disappointing .Guys dribbling a hundred times in one place...only to chuck it up or throw it away.
I wish Mack had stayed with the motion. I'm sure he had his reasons,but it seems like you play right into their strength when you make it a half court game. Idk

There is definitely a difference in the talent level but I don't think that is what cost us the game. I think if we keep everyone who is supposed to come back next year and add our recruiting class we will be on the same talent level.

Disagree.
Cleary a talent issue. When a work is your best player you have a talent issue. He has no desire to play much defense. Perry not ready for prime time. Williams is a guard in a forward’s body. And poor, poor VJ King is lost.

Mack has done an exceptional job with very limited talent. Kentucky lines up 5 stars across the floor, and the difference in talent(speed, length, bulk) just suffocated the Cards.

There is definitely a difference in the talent level but I don't think that is what cost us the game. I think if we keep everyone who is supposed to come back next year and add our recruiting class we will be on the same talent level.

Agree. Better stated. Talent was not the primary reason for the loss.

Agree. This is not a talent issue at all.
You have lost your mind, this is 100 percent a talent issue. There are 4 or 5 NBA players on UK roster and 1 currently on Louisville. It is really hard to beat good teams with equal talent, the talent level in this game has rarely been equal. It is also really tough to win when the less talented pays poorly.

UK beat us with layups and poor defense in the lane. On many occasions they were running the same action on offense for whatever they wanted in the lane on offense.

Killed us in the lane.

You have lost your mind, this is 100 percent a talent issue. There are 4 or 5 NBA players on UK roster and 1 currently on Louisville. It is really hard to beat good teams with equal talent, the talent level in this game has rarely been equal. It is also really tough to win when the less talented pays poorly.

Poorly stated for me to say not a talent issue at all for sure. I’ll admit that... but we looked bad on defense. Pack line?

We still just don't have the horses to compete with consistent Top 2-3 recruiting talent. Hoping we can see the difference with our own Top 5 recruiting class coming in next year.

Then cancel the series and get the hell out of the ACC if talent is always going to win out. Tell that to Crum. Not matching their level of effort was the reason for the loss. You want talent, put 5 VJ King’s out there and we lose by 30. Effort and heart. All these guys have talent. You have to make the most of what you have. We laid an egg. Time to move on and bring on the ACC. This effort level will get you beat by a lot of teams, even those with less talent.

The more talented team won,but I just don't buy the thinking that we can't win a 1 game series.It's nor a best-of-5 or something. Blow your neck and play a smarter game. Hit the shots that present themselves.

Denny Crum had plenty of talent until his last few years and even he said so. I don't think the effort was there today like it has been in other big games. I hope we learn from this and improve.

Then cancel the series and get the hell out of the ACC if talent is always going to win out. Tell that to Crum. Not matching their level of effort was the reason for the loss. You want talent, put 5 VJ King’s out there and we lose by 30. Effort and heart. All these guys have talent. You have to make the most of what you have. We laid an egg. Time to move on and bring on the ACC. This effort level will get you beat by a lot of teams, even those with less talent.
If you think VJ is talented then I got nothing for you. The kids played hard and with effort. They got beat by the better team, I have no trouble admitting it. They played poorly and UK was part of the reason.

If you think VJ is talented then I got nothing for you. The kids played hard and with effort. They got beat by the better team, I have no trouble admitting it. They played poorly and UK was part of the reason.
You completely miss the point. All these freshmen were 5 stars just like VJ was but stars don’t win the game, the amount of effort does. We didn’t bring it plain and simple.

Denny Crum had plenty of talent until his last few years and even he said so. I don't think the effort was there today like it has been in other big games. I hope we learn from this and improve.
Yes, Denny got talent but most of the time UK got the blue chippers, All Americans and burger boys but I think he held his own. Even Denny’s most talented team, the 86 team lost to UK.

Regardless of talent, they are pretty much the same when diving for the loose balls. UK got nearly all the 50/50 balls today. I’m sure a Pitino coaches team would be on the floor going after them.
Give Mack some time to adjust and get the players. I think you can still have an excellent season. Good luck in the ACC this season. UNC appears down so far with Virginia and Duke being the ones to beat.

Was disappointed in Perry mostly today. Him acting like a tough guy at the end was just the icing on the cake.

UK is bigger, stronger, and more skilled at every position. Cards have over achieved through the 2018 part of their schedule.

Cats got any shot they wanted and killed UofL on the boards. UofL struggled to get good looks in half court. There is not much offensive post game for UofL - Enoch has struggled against the tougher competition and Williams wants to face-up on the perimeter. The guards are undersized and not overly athletic for this level.

Team was picked to finish 11th in the ACC for a reason.

Was disappointed in Perry mostly today. Him acting like a tough guy at the end was just the icing on the cake.

I had a bad feeling after Perry made his first two shots. He seemed to be hunting shots after that.

Still one of my favorite players on the team.

Bad look at the end for sure. If I’m Hagans, I’m walking away from him pointing at the scoreboard.

Reactions: UL_1986
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT