ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS FLORIDA STATE GAME THREAD

What a lucky and one for Williams. About time we had some dumb luck on shots.

Here we go every time they drive and don't score it is a foul on us. Every time we drive and miss no call. What happened since 1st half you couldn't get a foul called.

Nobody caught it but the clock ran off 7 seconds before the ball was inbounded in that 5 second violation.

This team is in very dangerous territory and could easily play themselves right out of the NCAA. They just aren't very tough mentally and several guys do too many stupid things at just the wrong time.

Hmmm...back to poor execution on final possessions again. That and free throw shooting were two things I had complimented this team under Padgett on earlier in the season. Back to bad habits.

King never passes in that situation. He had like 3 or 4 chances and one he got bailed out by a blocking foul that could have been called a charge. He’s just not a good decision maker.

This team is in very dangerous territory and could easily play themselves right out of the NCAA. They just aren't very tough mentally and several guys do too many stupid things at just the wrong time.
Back on the bubble as we never seem to learn from our mistakes at crunch time. I wonder by seeing other teams making ridiculous shots against them that their own ridiculous shots may go in? First time I've seen Ray with cramp issues. Needed him in the game.

I really like Padgett as a coach, but we have too many ME BALL players and not enough team players. Four second half assists..,smfh

Is it just me or is king a terrible finisher? Seems like everything he takes to the rim is either missed or blocked.

King and Adel have the same flaws. Both are good jump shooters when open, but shaky ball handlers. And neither are good going to their left to the rim, and defenses wisely force them to go left.

In a similar game in the last few minutes of the game, king wasn’t even on the floor, McMahon was. But McMahon makes 5 turnovers tonight? How can we fault CDP for that or having Ray cramp up and not be able to finish?

If King had to be the one to take the last shot I would rather it be a jump shot not a drive to the basket. The same with Adel both of them are awful on driving to the basket. This was a very winnable game if the right person has the ball in the end.
Who is the right person? The player who is open for the shot either McMahon or Snider or Adel or King or an alleyoop to Mahmoud. Not a duck your head and drive to the basket and throw up a prayer. If you have the ball and you're not open don't force it kick it out.

King and Adel have the same flaws. Both are good jump shooters when open, but shaky ball handlers. And neither are good going to their left to the rim, and defenses wisely force them to go left.

Play them both at the 3 so we can get better team players at the 2: Darius/ Ryan / Jordan.
Get more minutes for Sutton/ Malik in the front court over Anas who can back up Ray for 10 minutes.
Try it after 3 losses in 4 games.

Front end of ACC was much more forgiving - losing at home puts team's post season in jeopardy. Things could go downhill or stabilize from here, it's anyone's guess.

Front end of ACC was much more forgiving - losing at home puts team's post season in jeopardy. Things could go downhill or stabilize from here, it's anyone's guess.

Yup. It really could go either way but unless Padgett gets some of these guys under control regarding shot selection I would say it isn't going to be very positive. This team has to win games on the offensive end of the court and that means they always have to take good shots. Adel has gotten absurd with some of the shots he takes.

He obviously hates contact. Didn't even attempt to draw the foul and threw up a useless shot. As soft as Charmin.
For an “elite” level player, he’s terrible in the open court. In addition to the mindset, He doesn’t appear to have the hops to get to the rim either. When he jumps, he always appears as if he’s crouching - not extending.

Fascinating that the two players who take the most forced shots at crunch tine and do ont play within the structure of the offense are the two 5 star recruits. Makes one wonder.

Fascinating that the two players who take the most forced shots at crunch tine and do ont play within the structure of the offense are the two 5 star recruits. Makes one wonder.
That’s what the state of youth basketball and AAU has come to. It’s not a team game anymore. Ask Lebron; it’s me and four other guys going up against Stef, Kev and their 3 guys.

Basketball 302.If you've got a guy(King) who's having a bust out game(1st six minutes),don't freeze him out,get him the ball.
CDP needs to replay that first 6 minute stretch over and over and over again.TEAM ball at its best.The reverting back to the"my turn" philosophy has to stop.

I think it affects the defense,the things that happen or don't happen at the other end.

As always though,Go Cards!!

Basketball 302.If you've got a guy(King) who's having a bust out game(1st six minutes),don't freeze him out,get him the ball.
CDP needs to replay that first 6 minute stretch over and over and over again.TEAM ball at its best.The reverting back to the"my turn" philosophy has to stop.

I think it affects the defense,the things that happen or don't happen at the other end.

As always though,Go Cards!!
King is not a highly touted FR anymore. His forte is he can score or at least shoot volumes. What he doesn’t do is get involve in other facets of the game, like rebound or the biggest telltale make assists. If you do the little things, your teammates will have more trust in you. Much as I hate to see Adel go one on one in that situation, letting King have the ball in his hands was doomed. Between the first 6 minutes and last 4 minutes, King did nothing.

King is not a highly touted FR anymore. His forte is he can score or at least shoot volumes. What he doesn’t do is get involve in other facets of the game, like rebound or the biggest telltale make assists. If you do the little things, your teammates will have more trust in you. Much as I hate to see Adel go one on one in that situation, letting King have the ball in his hands was doomed. Between the first 6 minutes and last 4 minutes, King did nothing.
Yeah, two of the most talented guys offensively on the roster and I cringe half of the time when they get the ball. And they are the last people I want with it in a clutch situation. That is a Padgett issue to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT