ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Duke

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
Showing the graphics before the game Louisville lost 6 players from last year and Duke lost 11.

Cochran has that midrange jumper down she is really showing out this game. With 5:22 left in the 3rd quarter Cards up 45-24.

Reactions: rh62531
I had it wrong earlier it was Louisville who lost 11 players from last year and Duke lost 6.

Final Louisville 61-44 lot of bad passes by us at the end when we took our foot off the gas. Coach Lawson of Duke was very subdued on the sideline the whole game. She didn’t do very well in the transfer portal this year.

Loved our defense esp in the second quarter. The ladies looked intense! If they can stay this “together” and locked-in as the season goes on (with the exception of the aforementioned last few minutes of the fourth quarter), this will be a very formidable team in the tournaments!

I was surprised by this outcome. I thought it would be a win. However, I thought it would be a much tougher game. Actually, it became slightly boring in the 2d half. I’ve said it before…this team is not flashy. They are methodical. Watching them most people would probably just leave thinking they are mediocre. Instead, they just grind it out and hit you with multiple players who all, in any game, can drop 20 on you.

Reactions: Cardsfan62
I stayed for the whole game as I 99% of the time do. It did become rather boring by early in the 4th.

One thing I like about this team is that they do seem to have a number of scoring options. And when they get after it, they play pretty good defense.

Apparently the ACC this season is pretty strong. So probably the Cards won't win it, but they'll come out pretty well overall.

It is such a pleasure to watch a well-coached team.

I stayed for the whole game as I 99% of the time do. It did become rather boring by early in the 4th.

One thing I like about this team is that they do seem to have a number of scoring options. And when they get after it, they play pretty good defense.

Apparently the ACC this season is pretty strong. So probably the Cards won't win it, but they'll come out pretty well overall.

It is such a pleasure to watch a well-coached team.
Yeah he started subbing in the forth and our talent at the 5 drops significantly. But overall we’re improving and I wouldn’t count them out.

The main thing I think we need to improve on is our passing, we are lazy on some of our passes. Sometimes the players try to get fancy with the pass instead of playing fundamental ball. The other thing is the players are still standing flat footed when the pass is coming to them and it makes it easy for the opponent. I wish they would step to the pass making it harder to steal. Defense looks better really caused Duke problems as good as it is we still need to get better making it our trademark. Offensively we look good we have a lot of players who can score and are offensively really skilled. I don’t know how far we can go but we are better than last years team and they went to the Elite 8.

The Duke turnovers were a direct result of the length and athleticism that Jeff brought in this season. If they can continue to play at this level of defensive activity, along with the switching man-to-man defense that we witnessed last night …..this team will be a dangerous opponent come March.

I like a coach with passion, I noticed on the other side of the court the Duke coach was very subdued. She probably only contested 2 calls by the refs. I think she knew she was out matched at the beginning of the game. She lost 6 players from last year but I don’t think she did a good job recruiting. She could have done better in the portal.

Reactions: 2330859
I she zero tears for Lawson. The ESPN mafia gushed over the former UConn-ESPN analyst and all but crowned her the next Geno.

Reactions: Deeva and ulcards1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT