ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Football 2023 Prediction Thread

LeFors4Ever

3500+
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2017
Well we’re close to kickoff. I want to know what you guys think about this year? The record? The style? The pleasant and unpleasant surprises? Your wishlist.

I’ll start.

We have a balanced team. We have a lot of talent. We have a very manageable schedule. We should do great things in year 1. Jeff is a winner.

I think some reasons for caution is the newness. We have maybe the most transfers in and out in our league. We have a new staff that’s installing a new system. Guys that have never played together playing for a new scheme. There will be bumps.

Also, we’re playing 11 out of 12 power conference teams. I don’t care how easy they look on paper, when you play that many good teams every week it’s going to be hard. You have to be prepared.

Jack Plummer will be the glue of this team. He knows the system. He has the experience. He’s also transferred into a new place and started before, so it’s not a huge deal for him.

My thoughts on the schedule, here’s where we stand.

1. Tough opponents- Kentucky & Notre Dame
2. 50/50 type games- NC State, Pitt, Duke,
And Miami
3. Teams we are better than- GT, Indiana, BC, VT, UVA, and Murray

I don’t do game by game stuff because we haven’t played a snap. I kind of look at the 3 groups and see what could happen.

I lean 0-2 for the top group
Then say we’re 3-1 in the Middle Group
Then the bottom group 5-1

I see a 8-4 type team. Say the middle group is tougher, maybe 7-5. Maybe we sneak an upset in the top group and it’s 9-3.

Things are too hard to tell with all the newness. I mean maybe we have perfect injury luck and our opponents all underachieve and we go 10-2?

You can never tell what’s going to happen. We could predict that we’d be facing NC State without Leary last year or that Brock Domman would be our guy down the stretch.

Reactions: sccard and Shonda97
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News