ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville/Clemson game on ESPNU right now

Kratz

2500+
Nov 18, 2001
From last year when the Cards were playing well. Still haven't forgiven Quick for ducking out of bounds, but it's getting the juices flowing for this year.

That 3 game losing streak is still burning me up. Love Jeff Brohm, but Purdue needs to get a beat down in September to get this bad taste out of my mouth.

From last year when the Cards were playing well. Still haven't forgiven Quick for ducking out of bounds, but it's getting the juices flowing for this year.

That 3 game losing streak is still burning me up. Love Jeff Brohm, but Purdue needs to get a beat down in September to get this bad taste out of my mouth.

How did that team lose to Kentucky?

I've had that game on DVR since last October 1st and I still can't watch it even though it was a true classic college football game every Card fan should be proud of. Houston-UK-LSU.... not so much.

Bad taste here too but beating the Indiana out of the Boilermakers probably ain't going to get it out for me. A sweep of Clemson and FSU would thoughourly do it.

It also wouldn't suck to beat the crap out of the Lexington KrogerCats at our favorite away venue for the 4th straight time.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
How did that team lose to Kentucky?
Great question but I think we can all sense the answer. That uninspired, unfocused bunch that got humiliated at Houston wasn't even recognizable to the bunch that humiliated FSU and gave the National Champions absolute fits in Death Valley in a game that Clemson was sky high for.

Whatever infected that team in November, I hope is long gone. Maybe it moved to all the way to Starkville Mississippi. Time will tell.

Reactions: Mayoman
Great game. Just came up short...once again. At least it was against the future National Champions this time.

So frustrating a loss as there's been. All those FG's that should have been TD's. We should have won that game going away. But, Clemson was Gods team last season. They should have lost to us and NC State. It took miracles to win both. I hope to see Louisville football get that kind of support.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Bad taste here too but beating the Indiana out of the Boilermakers probably ain't going to get it out for me.

I have never been as bummed as that season ending meltdown.

Not even back in the '80's when we were going
3-8
2-9
3-8
3-7-1
.....and getting beat like they caught us stealing chickens.

Even the 2-9 after the Fiesta Bowl was only a bump for me. There was always something to give hope.

Then to see that hope fall right back down that hole, with a Heisman winning QB, and the Coach standing there looking lost, was a killer.

Gotta hope that cancer, whatever it was, is GONE. For good!

I will be looking for the wheels to fall off again...until they prove they won't.

I don't mean win every game, but I do expect to compete every game.

I think it was the fluke loss to UK that's hard to digest. Lamar fumbling by an inch when he didn't need an inch to set up the winning FG. I think the LSU game may have been closer had the Cards beat UK.

The Houston loss was just one of those bad games where everything went wrong starting with Malik Williams fumbling the opening kick off. We could have salvaged the excellent season even with this loss had we beaten UK.

I remember thinking Petrino will come up with something new for the bowl game but was disappointed when it was the same thing with Lamar being chased in the back field. Petrino didn't look like a offensive genius to anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT