ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like UK isn’t as bad

I am impressed by neither of these teams. Yep, if they can run all over you it's going to be a long day. These two teams do not have any pass d though or any effectivepass offense. They are defending the run every play. And neither team can stretch the field. So you have a lame duck score board that screams, "what a defensive game." When in reality these are both one dimensional offenses, that played to the defensive strength of their opponent. Run D, run D, run D. Blah. A waste of time watching this game. I think both would be devastated by a passing offense that actually had threats downfield. No way they could effectively play catch up offense.

How do you punt at the 50 with a kicker like that. Geez.
Stoops is as bad as he is good. Can't close out and win the big ones vs elite SEC teams. He is 'O' stoopid. Good at the 'D' but plays not to lose instead of playing to win...except when he plays the Cards...then its play like your hair is on fire.

While most will point to UGA being too focused on their upcoming match up against Alabama, UK defense is much more formidable than what showed against Gamecocks.

The SEC is well beyond brutal; Texas and Oklahoma addition to already loaded SEC makes UK irrelevant going forward. UL needs to take advantage of the situation now, as the fans will tire of losing to these superior conference opponents. Last night’s close loss was still a loss.

UK is going to always have good rosters. The SEC money and NIL will keep their rosters good. They have never been relevant in football but they recruit really good. The issue for them is they will never have more than their SEC schools. With the playoff I really wonder if they can still maintain their rosters like they have. We are in week 3 and their chances of the playoff are very small. Players are going to want to play in the playoff just like they do in basketball. Same with the fans.

Next year they are going to have to go deep into the portal. They are going to have major roster movement. Plus there schedule isn’t getting easier.

Not idea if Louisville will take advantage of the opportunity but I like their chances over UK. As long as Louisville recruits at high level they will always have a shot at winning ACC.

I know they would never do it...but it would be awesome to see them (UK) shock the College sports world by moving to the ACC where they would be much more competitive and a threat to the North Carolina good ole boy tabacco road world.

Their basketball program would benefit with playing Duke, UNC, the Cuse every year and the Cards rivalry game would have more cache than ever giving the ACC claim to the two most prestigious in state CBB rivalries and winningest programs of all time.

Likely this could make both UofL and UK FB more relevant on the national scene and as big as the rivalry to us locals.

Just dreaming and thinking outside the box on this idea so please don't bash me for it. As a long time FB/BB fan of our state teams I would just love to see it happen in my lifetime. Money won't let it happen or could be the ACC and UK's interest long term to make it happen anyway. :oops: :rolleyes:;) Now if'n the ACC could get ND (And NBC too) imagine that league then!!!

Last edited:
South Carolina and UK would both be better fits in ACC. Neither will happen, frankly UK can take their beatings in the SEC in football and basketball. Basketball hasn’t been dominate like it had in the past now add Texas and Oklahoma. Both have resources to compete in all sports.

The SEC is going to eventually get to the point where it is like the NFL. The middle of the road teams will get the higher end teams more frequently. UK almost got UGA as a 24 point dog.

I like that idea of USCjr and UK both to the ACC. Would benefit both those teams and make the ACC more competitive and interesting. This would make the rivalry games more important too since a league ship would now be in play and not just bragging rights which would be even more important.

One of the the most appealing aspects of the SEC FB schedule is the annual Bama/Auburn, Miss St/Ole Miss, & Tenn/Vandy rivalry games. And the UGA/UF border rivalry game. Also LSU/TxA&M, and add OK vs Texas now.

FB reenlightment Gods make this miracle happen soon please.:D;)

I’m not sure uk to ACC is as far fetched as some.

It totally depends on bbn.

With TX and OK coming, FB…AND BB are getting more difficult. And let’s face it, for 50 years they were ok with FB getting pounded as long as BB was competing for NCs all the time. Now, they are finding sec BB has caught up to them. The ACC would be as difficult, if not more, and would prepare them better IMO. But, as much as I HATE to say it, FB would be much more competitive.

I’m not sure money is as important for bbn as winning is. Whatever uk is getting from the sec “could” be a push if donors quit on them.

Things are cyclical. Right now bigger is perceived as “better”. But the bait fish are getting smaller and smaller in these big ponds. And uk is STILL nothing but bait in the sec

Something will have to give eventually. Fans will not support losing year after year. These bait fish are going to look for friendlier water sooner or later IMO.

Never say never…. 🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT