ADVERTISEMENT

Lloyd Tubman choosing between Louisville and Utah State

Here is the blurb about it via 247sports.com:

Trinity Valley C.C. defensive end Lloyd Tubman has been putting in work and patiently waiting for his opportunity to return to the Division I-level. Tubman signed with Kentucky after being committed to Vanderbilt and Penn State. Circumstances led him to transfer.

Now 6-foot-5, 256, Tubman plans to sign with Utah State in the coming days or join Louisville in the fall on scholarship. He has already been accepted to Louisville.

Last edited:
Of course jhb4UK, my favorite blue idiot, is both criticizing UofL for taking a "troubled kid" and at the same time claiming the kid is innocent. He must have taken logic 3 before logic 2.

I'm all for it as long as Petrino can coach the Lexington stink off of him. On the positive side, he will get better coaching here and placed in a position to succeed.

It would seem to be a no brainer on which school to choose between Louisville and Utah State...HOWEVER, he did pick Can-Suck-Me before...So his Critical Thinking Skills SHOULD come into question a wee bit!!!

With that said, He had a shot at Vandy, so he's NOT Stupid...Maybe more so MISGUIDED, but young kids do stupid things!!!

Either school would be a good freash start for him...LESS Local Pressure would seem to be in Utah States favor....Regardless...He needs to do whats BEST for him!!!

:cool:

Of course jhb4UK, my favorite blue idiot, is both criticizing UofL for taking a "troubled kid" and at the same time claiming the kid is innocent. He must have taken logic 3 before logic 2.

I saw that post and it was pretty absurd. Saying that Tubman was innocent and should not have been forced out at UK, and in the next sentence proclaiming that Louisville has a lack of morals for accepting Tubman. As another poster quickly pointed out in the thread, you can't have it both ways.

I saw that post and it was pretty absurd. Saying that Tubman was innocent and should not have been forced out at UK, and in the next sentence proclaiming that Louisville has a lack of morals for accepting Tubman. As another poster quickly pointed out in the thread, you can't have it both ways.
Exactly. Before it came out that Tubman was considering Louisville, all you heard on the various Mildcat sites was that Tubman got screwed by UK, that he seemed like a good kid and most likely was a victim himself (not my words).

You can bet if he ended up at Utah St for good and became an All-American they would be ripping Stoops and co for not putting a kid who was wrongly accused back on the team.

Which is it Slapdicks? That you have a Slappy coach with a 12-24 record that got scared and jumped the gun regarding Tubman or that Louisville may add a good player with a clean record that a Grand Jury declined to indict? Yeah, that's it.

Exactly. Before it came out that Tubman was considering Louisville, all you heard on the various Mildcat sites was that Tubman got screwed by UK, that he seemed like a good kid and most likely was a victim himself (not my words).

You can bet if he ended up at Utah St for good and became an All-American they would be ripping Stoops and co for not putting a kid who was wrongly accused back on the team.

Which is it Slapdicks? That you have a Slappy coach with a 12-24 record that got scared and jumped the gun regarding Tubman or that Louisville may add a good player with a clean record that a Grand Jury declined to indict? Yeah, that's it.

Stoops had no say in the matter.

I really feel for the kid. From everything I've heard he's a great person. I hope he succeeds wherever he goes.

I hope he goes to UL and is very successful. I think it would be the best place for him. He was treated poorly by the student organization that banned him.

Reactions: American Male

Hi-oh Silver away! Kid needs a bErak. There was a reason for n-indictment!

Reactions: genowe
Yeah...don't really understand why Kentucky booted him from their campus for something he wasn't even charged with...now if he was charged that is one thing...he wasn't and as I said on the Premium Board...if the coaches want him and he is completely vetted I have no issue with him at Louisville

Reactions: Louisvillian
Although a stretch, there may have been a violation of UsuKs Student Rules of Conduct, that resulted in his dismissal from school, not specifically the apparently unfounded assault allegation.

Shows how much UK cares about their football program. I bet if he was a basketball player they wouldn't have booted him for no reason at all.

Reactions: American Male
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT