ADVERTISEMENT

Leonard Fournette is sitting. Darius Guice is now the man and is a beast

tigerboudreaux

No-Ranking Prospect
Jun 6, 2006
correction: "Derrius" is the correct spelling.

Fournette is keeping his body healthy for the upcoming NFL draft and pro day.

If you stop Guice, Louisville could win the bowl game.

You know your run stop defense so look at youtube videos of Guice and I would like to hear your thoughts on whether or not Louisiville's D can stop him.

I have seen enough of your offense to know that our defense will have its hands full trying to slow down Louisville's passing game.

So I think the winner will be the team that play's the hardest and wants it the most. Sometimes bowl games do not bring out the best in teams.

Here's to a great game in Orlando on NYE.

For whatever reason, we played focused and with a chip on our shoulders until our bye week in week 6.

Since then, most efforts have lacked focus. Personally, I think those two weeks allowed us to lose our resolve and get caught up in constant hype/debates/praise/finebaum rhetoric, etc. and we moved from a team that just focused on the next game to a team of mostly teenagers whose heads became filled with noise.

Hopefully, the month off with little to no major media coverage allows us to return to being a team with focus and a "chip on our shoulder" attitude. If that happens, we'll win convincingly.

Reactions: beasleythecard

You know your run stop defense so look at youtube videos of Guice and I would like to hear your thoughts on whether or not Louisiville's D can stop him.

I have seen enough of your offense to know that our defense will have its hands full trying to slow down Louisville's passing game.

So I think the winner will be the team that play's the hardest and wants it the most. Sometimes bowl games do not bring out the best in teams.

Pretty selfish of him to let his teammates down like that. I get it but it's selfish.

It depends if our defensive line is at full strength and if your offensive line is the strength of your team. We stopped Cook because his offensive line was bad at the beginning of the year and most of the year to be honest. If your offensive line is a team strength we are in for a battle. If not and your offense is one dimensional without a dominant line we have a good chance to win.

I agree about Fournette, I don't like it either. It would suck if all projected 1st rounders would take games off. It still should be about team.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
The game will come down to how well our O line handles your D line. If we're clicking on all cylinders, I don't think you can score as many points as we can. If your D keeps our offense off balance and confused, LSU wins.

We're 2 faced. There's the team that waxed FSU by 42, and the team that got demolished by Houston. Just depends on which team shows up.

I will say that if I were an LSU fan, I'd be worried about Petrino and Grantham having almost a month to prepare for you. That's a lot of time for two very good coaches to get ready for a team that is pretty one dimensional. Granted, LSU is very good in what they do, but they can't spread the field like UofL can. If the good UofL team shows up, your defense that showed up against Bama better show up too. If both of those show up, it could be an epic game!!

We will probably have trouble stopping any of your running backs judging from our last game.If the 4 turnover, 12 penalties Cardinals show up, your Tigers will take us to the wood shed.Hopefully the pre-bye week high flying Cardinals appear and we have ourselves a great competitive game. All of our losses this year are to teams with cat nicknames, so the Cards may be in trouble.

It depends if our defensive line is at full strength and if your offensive line is the strength of your team. We stopped Cook because his offensive line was bad at the beginning of the year and most of the year to be honest. If your offensive line is a team strength we are in for a battle. If not and your offense is one dimensional without a dominant line we have a good chance to win.

LSU's Oline was just ranked #1 in the country according to pro football focus. These guys are very good at run blocking. They are OK in pass protection.

Guice is avg 8 ypc , 1200+ yards on the season. He only started four games. He has two games of 250+. He had 37 carries VS the aggies. Guice can carry the load if needed.

LF7 is hitting it at about 6.5 per carry. Not to say that other guy is wrong but, I haven't heard or read anything official by LSU that he is out for the bowl game. I find it hard to believe he would sit if healthy. It's just not in his DNA to let his teammates down like that. Did read something about possible surgery though.

Well if what you say about the o-line is true u of L may be in some trouble.
Regarding fournette I think he may have been trying to protect himself a lot this year. Not saying that's a bad thing but when the going got tough I feel like he didn't try to get back in there. He took his good sweet time which makes total sense.

I agree about Fournette, I don't like it either. It would suck if all projected 1st rounders would take games off. It still should be about team.

There are franchises that will jump at the opportunity to draft him because he is a man-child. But some, mostly the consistent successful ones like the Pittsburgh Steelers, that will view this as a red flag. That's why some franchises always pick high, and others don't.

The game will come down to how well our O line handles your D line. If we're clicking on all cylinders, I don't think you can score as many points as we can. If your D keeps our offense off balance and confused, LSU wins.

We're 2 faced. There's the team that waxed FSU by 42, and the team that got demolished by Houston. Just depends on which team shows up.

I will say that if I were an LSU fan, I'd be worried about Petrino and Grantham having almost a month to prepare for you. That's a lot of time for two very good coaches to get ready for a team that is pretty one dimensional. Granted, LSU is very good in what they do, but they can't spread the field like UofL can. If the good UofL team shows up, your defense that showed up against Bama better show up too. If both of those show up, it could be an epic game!!

Dave Aranda is one of the best DCs in the business. He will have the same month to come up with a defense to slow down the cardinal "O". LSU will be the best and fastest "D" UL will face all year. Did read where starting MLB and leading tackler, Beckwith is out for the game.

Ole Miss with kelly, bama with hurts and aggies with knight all had very productive offenses. Tiger "D" accounted well for themselves. a&m had the most success. That being said once LSU got it to a three score advantage. Tiger defense never took the field with less than a three score lead.

Well if what you say about the o-line is true u of L may be in some trouble.
Regarding fournette I think he may have been trying to protect himself a lot this year. Not saying that's a bad thing but when the going got tough I feel like he didn't try to get back in there. He took his good sweet time which makes total sense.

He was battling a high and low ankle sprain all year. He also had a deep bruise on leg. LF7 started seven games on the season. In the final home game VS fla he didn't warm up pregame. He was in street clothes. Team goes into dressing room right before kickoff and he tells coach "O" he wants in. So, no you are wrong about his commitment to his team and school.

He was battling a high and low ankle sprain all year. He also had a deep bruise on leg. LF7 started seven games on the season. In the final home game VS fla he didn't warm up pregame. He was in street clothes. Team goes into dressing room right before kickoff and he tells coach "O" he wants in. So, no you are wrong about his commitment to his team and school.

So, you are saying he is injury-prone and durability is an issue?

Dave Aranda is one of the best DCs in the business. He will have the same month to come up with a defense to slow down the cardinal "O". LSU will be the best and fastest "D" UL will face all year. Did read where starting MLB and leading tackler, Beckwith is out for the game.

Ole Miss with kelly, bama with hurts and aggies with knight all had very productive offenses. Tiger "D" accounted well for themselves. a&m had the most success. That being said once LSU got it to a three score advantage. Tiger defense never took the field with less than a three score lead.

I'm with you. Your defense is good and can be awesome. Our offense can be too. We hung 60+ on FSU in basically 3 quarters. I'm saying that if BOTH of those teams show up, it could be epic.

And no disrespect to Hurts, Kelly or Knight, but they aren't Lamar Jackson. Any of them have over 3,000 yards passing AND 1500 yards rushing? If Lamar had a 400 yard day, the pundits were saying he had a bad game.

This sucks on many levels, we want LSU at their best. Still, no excuses if Louisville wins. Our fans are tired of it.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Fournette wants to play. It will be day to day to see how his ankle reponds when practice resumes. if coach O thinks he can play, he will. If he's not ready, he won't.

I'm with you. Your defense is good and can be awesome. Our offense can be too. We hung 60+ on FSU in basically 3 quarters. I'm saying that if BOTH of those teams show up, it could be epic.

And no disrespect to Hurts, Kelly or Knight, but they aren't Lamar Jackson. Any of them have over 3,000 yards passing AND 1500 yards rushing? If Lamar had a 400 yard day, the pundits were saying he had a bad game.

No doubt jackson is special. It's just that LSU has played a few high flying offenses this year. Whereas the cards haven't really seen a "D" as athletic and talented as the tigers.

If that's what you comprehend from what I posted then yea. In his 35 game career at LSU he has missed four games.

I'm just messing with you. I love Fournette. However, if I am a pro scout, I would have concerns. It seems like freakish athletes like Fournette, Clowney, Marcus Lattimore, Greg Oden, etc. that sprout into a man's body much earlier than the norm do have a tendency to have injury problems once they hit their mid-20s. Possible their tendons, ligaments and cartilage develop slower and have difficulty with sustaining the frame.

You forgot the obvious - they are SEC. Our only hope that they don't score 80 is that they start taking a knee on every offensive play, starting midway through the third quarter. I hope our players realize what an honor it is to play on the field with an SEC team and they don't feel ashamed by asking for autographs when the clock is stopped. Surely, the SEC gods will have mercy and oblige. I hope Bobby calls Edgeron (or whatever his name is) and asks what he can cook for him as a victory feast, maybe LSU will take it easy on us.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Guice is really good and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up better than Fournette at the next level. Pretty crazy a team has two RBs that good, but that's life for LSU.

We'll get a good feel for how the game will go in the first five minutes or so, in my opinion.

I'm just messing with you. I love Fournette. However, if I am a pro scout, I would have concerns. It seems like freakish athletes like Fournette, Clowney, Marcus Lattimore, Greg Oden, etc. that sprout into a man's body much earlier than the norm do have a tendency to have injury problems once they hit their mid-20s. Possible their tendons, ligaments and cartilage develop slower and have difficulty with sustaining the frame.

Read in today's new orleans advocate that fournette is quoted saying he is going to play in the bowl game.

You forgot the obvious - they are SEC. Our only hope that they don't score 80 is that they start taking a knee on every offensive play, starting midway through the third quarter. I hope our players realize what an honor it is to play on the field with an SEC team and they don't feel ashamed by asking for autographs when the clock is stopped. Surely, the SEC gods will have mercy and oblige. I hope Bobby calls Edgeron (or whatever his name is) and asks what he can cook for him as a victory feast, maybe LSU will take it easy on us.

almostleft this site before responding to you

BROSS MON CHU!!!!!!!

almostleft this site before responding to you

BROSS MON CHU!!!!!!!

Sorry One67, we don't speak freaky deaky Cajun here.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: GoldCard

Giving this guy a bump since he called it early.

Awwww man...Why did you post this??? Someone's gonna see this, then pass this information on to our coaching staff who then use it to game plan for the bowl game. The press gets wind of this and here comes the headline..."UL Football caught cheating again"!!!. Damn...when will we ever learn!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT