ADVERTISEMENT

Landon Young.. Drake Jackson.. Kash Daniel

I'm no cat fan but I've never heard of two of them.

All I know about KD is he quit on his HS team to avoid maybe getting hurt.

Him and uk deserve each other.

I assumed that but I hadn't heard of them.

I read somewhere that KD was being red shirted.

We'll see how that works out.

Young has started the past few games, rolled an ankle last weekend, Jackson is a redshirt, Kash is a backup at ILB.

KD accounted for 36 offensive TDs and 158 tackles while winning Mr. Football and the Horning award, not sure how that:s quitting on his H.S. team. Wish they would have red shirted him.

Young has started the past few games, rolled an ankle last weekend, Jackson is a redshirt, Kash is a backup at ILB.

KD accounted for 36 offensive TDs and 158 tackles while winning Mr. Football and the Horning award, not sure how that:s quitting on his H.S. team. Wish they would have red shirted him.
I don't know why they don't get redshirted, that's the standard at the division one level. Maybe that is where Uk went wrong with Elam.

I don't know why they don't get redshirted, that's the standard at the division one level. Maybe that is where Uk went wrong with Elam.

Definitely, It would be nice to reach big boy status and not NEED frosh to compete.

Will likely go down as more overrated or wasted in-state talent at LPT...

I think the "Elam story" is one of the greatest misdirection plays in all of college football recruiting history. Let's see now, Alabama came up here "to show" some serious interest in Elam and uahkay goes nuts and goes to the wall to spend all their time recruiting this marshmellow all the while Alabama was out recruiting kids they really wanted like a certain running back from Madison County. :p

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: zipp
Elam has the talent and the ability, but lacks motivation. He's prone to doing what it takes to get by. Apparently that's OK with the UK staff. To be fair, he has had a couple of injuries this year.

He played HS 5 miles from me, so I've followed him for quite awhile.

Reactions: Red Rager
Elam has the talent and the ability, but lacks motivation. He's prone to doing what it takes to get by. Apparently that's OK with the UK staff. To be fair, he has had a couple of injuries this year.

He played HS 5 miles from me, so I've followed him for quite awhile.
He can barely squat down in a football stance and when the ball is snapped he stands straight up. UK got played on that one. At least he gets to eat free at the buffet for four years.

UK has had a history of high rated prospect, but with little production. Both Barker and Towles were rated higher than Lamar Jackson. College football isn't college basketball were you can bring in a freshman and be the best player in the country from day 1. It takes coaching and player devlopment in college football. Honestly IMO that's where this UK staff is lacking compared to Brooks era. Brooks took low ranked kids and worked them into SEC level players to be able to compete.

KD accounted for 36 offensive TDs and 158 tackles while winning Mr. Football and the Horning award, not sure how that:s quitting on his H.S. team.
Let me educate you on your players.

In the State Championship playoff game against Pikeville, (who they had beaten earlier 23-22) KD's dad came in the locker room, talked to him a minute, and Kash got out of his uniform and left the locker room.

Pikeville won 42-23, costing Painstville a State Championship and an undefeated season. Lot of folks up there were pretty p!$$ed about it. If that's not QUITTING, then I'm not sure what you call it.

But he went to uk so that made it ok I guess :rolleyes:

Like I said, he fits there. That's the kind of kids they want so FB doesn't steal any limelite from Basketball. :eek:

Kind of brought it up on here before. The 4 and 5 star football players in Kentucky just aren't the same as in Florida, Georgia, etc. They have spring training in those states whereas it was abolished here years ago. You take any of the players mentioned above and put them in Florida and they will sit on the pine.
Elam is another story. Yea, he is lazy and not driven. BUT........you can't have a 6'7" nose guard. Will never happen. You can always get under them. Kentucky has made horrible use of him.

Kind of brought it up on here before. The 4 and 5 star football players in Kentucky just aren't the same as in Florida, Georgia, etc. They have spring training in those states whereas it was abolished here years ago. You take any of the players mentioned above and put them in Florida and they will sit on the pine.
Elam is another story. Yea, he is lazy and not driven. BUT........you can't have a 6'7" nose guard. Will never happen. You can always get under them. Kentucky has made horrible use of him.

When you look at the level of athletes that Lamar Jackson played in High School, and was still running by SEC, ACC, Big 10 talent you should know the guy is special. With these players like Daniel he played in the smallest classification in Kentucky football, and failed to win a state championship. Any D1 talent in Class A in kentucky should win a state championship if you are a QB or RB. You should single handliy take over ball games.

As for Elam I agree the guy is an offensive lineman. Not nearly a good enough athlete to play DL at the P5 level. And he's yet to actually lose any weight or get in good enough shape to be the slightest bit effect, and that is on Stoops and his coaching staff.

When you look at the level of athletes that Lamar Jackson played in High School, and was still running by SEC, ACC, Big 10 talent you should know the guy is special. With these players like Daniel he played in the smallest classification in Kentucky football, and failed to win a state championship. Any D1 talent in Class A in kentucky should win a state championship if you are a QB or RB. You should single handliy take over ball games.

As for Elam I agree the guy is an offensive lineman. Not nearly a good enough athlete to play DL at the P5 level. And he's yet to actually lose any weight or get in good enough shape to be the slightest bit effect, and that is on Stoops and his coaching staff.
He SHOULD have won a SC, but he quit the team right before the SC game. Just the kind of player uk likes.

See above post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT