ADVERTISEMENT

Lakers Targeting UConn Dan Hurley

WOW! as a lifetime Laker fan who started with watching taped delayed cbs games at 11:30 pm on school nights (yes kids, the nba was so unpopular in the 80's before magic and bird came along that cbs did not air live games, they were replayed at 11:30 pm) when i was in the 8th grade and saw Magic win his rookie year, this is the first time since since they hired Phil Jackson that i've felt any kind of hope, shock, joy or excitement over a potential coach. it would be stunning to hire him!!!

This could be very interesting. First, the coaching carousel ground to a halt several weeks ago. So, if Hurley leaves, then who replaces him at UCONN, then who replaces that guy and so on. It’s kinda late for all that to happen as most places have their rosters set. Then, if a coach leaves, the players have 30 days to transfer so where do the players go and…if they leave where do their replacements come from …the portal is closed except for the players who lose their coach or graduates. In this scenario, Hurley leaves, UCONN’s players leave and are replaced by scraps. UCONN goes from a top ranked program to irrelevant in a few weeks.

I really don’t recall anything like this happening in recent memory.

Final thought….How can the Lakers reasonably expect to lure Hurley away from UCONN? After all…he said “no” to the best job in the universe…right?

WOW! as a lifetime Laker fan who started with watching taped delayed cbs games at 11:30 pm on school nights (yes kids, the nba was so unpopular in the 80's before magic and bird came along that cbs did not air live games, they were replayed at 11:30 pm) when i was in the 8th grade and saw Magic win his rookie year, this is the first time since since they hired Phil Jackson that i've felt any kind of hope, shock, joy or excitement over a potential coach. it would be stunning to hire him!!!
He was using the Lakers as a bargaining chip! It wouldn’t have been a smart decision to leave for the Lakers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT