ADVERTISEMENT

Lachlan/Sweeney

Sep 25, 2009
Does anyone ever listen to the Midday Rush With Lachlan and Andy Sweeney? I stopped letting no-talent shtick radio hosts get under my skin right around the age of 14, but the lack of any meaningful or insightful opinions is particularly egregious on their show. I'll turn it on as I'm heading to lunch just for the pure comedic value of their lack of any semblance of talent.

I understand that their livelihoods and careers depend on creating a show that people will listen to and talk about (obviously I'm helping them out in this respect - guilty as charged). The hard way to create public interest is to have a great show by lining up A-list guests (Bilas, Herbstreit, etc.), getting the opposing team's play-by-play guy for a few segments, and so on. The easy and lazy way out is to spew negativity non-stop about the local team until fans get so pissed off they feel like they have to listen to defend their team.

For example, before the Houston loss every minute of every show was dedicated to why UL had no chance whatsoever to make the playoff. Not it will take a few breaks, not they will have to pass the eye test, not there are some opportunities there and we'll see what happens...nothing. It was, "they have no chance and if you think they do, you're a complete and total idiot and you're blinded by you're fandom." After the FSU win the main talking point was, "Well, how good was FSU? Time will tell." With the current Wake Forest situation, we of course deserve to take some hits and I have no issue with that, but they are both unmistakably giddy that they can get on the air and bash the hometown team for 2 hours.

Again, the negativity about UL is not what gets under my skin, it's the complete and total lack of talent and lack of anything to say while taking the easy way out.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
I quit listening to Lachlan when he was still doing the 7-9 on WHAS. I don't like what he does. Not enlightening or entertaining. Some people have crappy opinions no matter what subject they talk about. I would hate to hear Lachlan speak nicely about my children, it would probably suck too.

You bring up an amazing fact. As long as Lachlame has been here in Louisville (he even came crawling back after we got rid of him) you would think that he would have made some inroads to have some insightful and professional guests on his show. Shows me he has little to no respect outside of his own airwaves.

All his show consists of is him and mic hog nasal queen Sweeny bitching about how bad Louisville is to incite anger in UofL fans and to have UK fans call in (if either one can stop talking long enough to have people call in) and agree with him....UK fans do love to call in radio shows, like moths to a flame.

Their show serves no purpose other than to incite anger. It has no insightful aspect or anything you can be educated or entertained with...you never come away from that show and glean something that you never knew before. Both are low market hacks.

Here is their schedule....

MONDAY Bash Pitino
TUESDAY Bash Petrino
WEDNESDAY Bash Jurich
THURSDAY Bash UofL
FRIDAY Bash UofL Fans

Just a couple of whiny, low market, cupcakes....

No, they offer no insight at all, they have no in side information, and no one respects them. They are shock jocks, and try to piss people off to get the other sides listeners to listen. They flip their banter to keep at it. They are both gambling degerants and have serious gambling problems. There's no telling how much they are into bookies for.

I listened ONCE and that was more than enough for me. This is obviously an attempt by 680 to attract uahkay fans during the matty jones show. The fact that they go head to head with their OWN on air personality (and former UofL basketball player) is a slap in his face and ours as UofL fans. Why in the world would ANY UofL fan listen to their drivel.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I quit listening to Lach years before they canceled his show. His only purpose was to piss people off.

I have a pretty low standard for talk show hosts--I'll listen to most of them as time permits.

These two clowns can be good in places. Usually when they're going at each other. I don't know that I've heard two guys on one show so in denial of and trying to disguise their own hate...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT