ADVERTISEMENT

KSR reporting Lamar Thomas to be UK's next WR coach

Again...could not be happier that he is gone...hopefully he will no longer browbeat recruits like he done in the past in front of their classmates/teammates at a in school visit trying to get a commitment....basically embarrassing a 3* player who is now playing for a B1G school. Can understand doing a hard sell but Thomas crossed the line...my feeling on him....Bye Felicia...

Don't know any of the history with his less than desirable tactics in recruiting. But you guys have lost 2 of your 4 best recruiters since the end of the season. I know that LD Scott is the best of the bunch. But by all account Thomas and Buckley were in that top four with Grantham probably being the third in Georgia. Spin it how you want...usually not a good thing to lose the top end recruiters on your staff

Yeah all the other rats are jumping off and he's jumping on. Very strange.

UK actually kept all of the assistants it wanted to from this past season even though some name schools came after several of them. And only had 1 recruit decommit from end of the season to now(knock on wood). And that's with BAMA coming after one and Auburn coming after another.

Stoops isnt going anywhere for a minimum of 2 years. No way Barnhart fires him after next year unless we go 2-10 or worse.

UK actually kept all of the assistants it wanted to from this past season even though some name schools came after several of them. And only had 1 recruit decommit from end of the season to now(knock on wood). And that's with BAMA coming after one and Auburn coming after another.

Stoops isnt going anywhere for a minimum of 2 years. No way Barnhart fires him after next year unless we go 2-10 or worse.
Translation:
"Our assistants pretty much had to come back if they wanted to keep earning a living coaching football. We tell recruits and onlookers that schools with names want to poach them, but we have no proof. And if we're making it up, why not evoke "names" like Alabama and Auburn?

We're also stuck with Stupes until we can afford to fire him. Brainfart earned his nickname times a thousand when he re-upped the little porker."

LPT Football: A different language...

Translation:
"Our assistants pretty much had to come back if they wanted to keep earning a living coaching football. We tell recruits and onlookers that schools with names want to poach them, but we have no proof. And if we're making it up, why not evoke "names" like Alabama and Auburn?

We're also stuck with Stupes until we can afford to fire him. Brainfart earned his nickname times a thousand when he re-upped the little porker."

lol...right on cue

Reactions: baseonballs
Don't know any of the history with his less than desirable tactics in recruiting. But you guys have lost 2 of your 4 best recruiters since the end of the season. I know that LD Scott is the best of the bunch. But by all account Thomas and Buckley were in that top four with Grantham probably being the third in Georgia. Spin it how you want...usually not a good thing to lose the top end recruiters on your staff

C'mon now, get off it. You guys are on your 3 OC under Stoops. Don't peddle any "model of continuity" yarn over here.

Translation:

Ansley...who worked with Smart at BAMA and is a very well respected recruiter in the South was being pursued by Smart when we went to UGA but they gave him a raise and a new title and he stayed. It was reported on many different non UK related media outlets.

Davante Robinson, who is 6'1' corner and sprint champ from KY was being pursued by Alabama and Notre Dame among others and it was reported by non UK sites. Insiders on our site who know the family said BAMA offered along with UGA and OSU.

Griffin, our 4 star rivals 250 guy went on an official visit to Auburn weekend before last and they were actively trying to flip him according to their site but he said after the visit he was set on UK as a long time commit.

C'mon now, get off it. You guys are on your 3 OC under Stoops. Don't peddle any "model of continuity" yarn over here.

Well...the first, left for a head coaching job after his second year. the second from this year was a train wreck. He had never called plays before at D1 level and it clearly showed. the 3rd is a long time assistant at lots of major schools(including FSU with Stoops). The word is that Stoops tried to get him last year but he didn't want to leave Cincy after one year. The jury is obviously still out.
other than that, we've lost a couple of coaches over the last 3 years but only one that I can think of left of his own accord for another job. And that was the guy that went back to LSU, where he was from. much like Buckley.

All in all, I think the coaching staff has been very stable. Especially so given the lack of wins and ability to get over the hump.

Ansley...who worked with Smart at BAMA and is a very well respected recruiter in the South was being pursued by Smart when we went to UGA but they gave him a raise and a new title and he stayed. It was reported on many different non UK related media outlets.

Davante Robinson, who is 6'1' corner and sprint champ from KY was being pursued by Alabama and Notre Dame among others and it was reported by non UK sites. Insiders on our site who know the family said BAMA offered along with UGA and OSU.

Griffin, our 4 star rivals 250 guy went on an official visit to Auburn weekend before last and they were actively trying to flip him according to their site but he said after the visit he was set on UK as a long time commit.
Well there you go. UK's winning championships again between January and September.

Yeah Pike 96 keep your coaches were fine with ours. Ours are proven yours are on a sinking ship. And what are you doing on our board anyway. Go join your fellow SuCk fans because what little you have to look forward to is now. It's only down hill from here. And I can laugh at you guys 8 months from now don't really need the comic relief right now. Besides I don't think your bowl game or lack of will come down to our game this year. It will be determined long before that.

And then, some adults and kids are just stupid. Hell, look at Lamar Thomas.

LPT Football: No other explanation...

Reactions: American Male
Well...the first, left for a head coaching job after his second year. the second from this year was a train wreck. He had never called plays before at D1 level and it clearly showed. the 3rd is a long time assistant at lots of major schools(including FSU with Stoops). The word is that Stoops tried to get him last year but he didn't want to leave Cincy after one year. The jury is obviously still out.
other than that, we've lost a couple of coaches over the last 3 years but only one that I can think of left of his own accord for another job. And that was the guy that went back to LSU, where he was from. much like Buckley.

All in all, I think the coaching staff has been very stable. Especially so given the lack of wins and ability to get over the hump.

Stability is hiring and retaining effective and successful personnel. In 3 years, Stoops has had a significant turnover in staff, whether you deem it "for the better" or not. When you say, we've had people leave, but only one "of his own accord for another job" seems to indicate several of your hires have not been effective or successful. Now, I realize you like to think you made the right hire "this time" with each new hire, but if you continue replacing staff, your hiring evaluation system isn't working very well.

Well there you go. UK's winning championships again between January and September.

Fair enough...but didn't say anything about championships. Like it or not, the talent level we are bringing in is unprecedented at UK. Rome wasn't built in a day with the sport of football. But we brought in 3 Army all Americans and our first 5 star player this year. And we are beating you in recruiting for the 3rd time in 4 years since Stoops. That hasn't translated to the field yet and there is no guarantee it will. But to echo the same old mantra about "UK always sucking, etc, etc." is tired. Better players make better teams. doesn't guarantee winning but it sure makes it a lot more of a possibility.

Stability is hiring and retaining effective and successful personnel. In 3 years, Stoops has had a significant turnover in staff, whether you deem it "for the better" or not. When you say, we've had people leave, but only one "of his own accord for another job" seems to indicate several of your hires have not been effective or successful. Now, I realize you like to think you made the right hire "this time" with each new hire, but if you continue replacing staff, your hiring evaluation system isn't working very well.

So who replaces Buckley and Thomas? The popular sentiment is that Nick Petrino was coaching the Wide Receivers anyway. does he now get that job? I seriously doubt it. which would put a hole in the theory he was doing the coaching. The guy you hired to replace Buckley was from the West Coast, correct?

Petrino is a smart guy so I'm sure he has a plan. Just curious how it will play out. Historically, UL has had lots of success recruiting Florida. That was Thomas so assuming the hire will take that role. Buckley was hitting Florida and Miss. Does the West Coast guy pick up that slack?

So who replaces Buckley and Thomas? The popular sentiment is that Nick Petrino was coaching the Wide Receivers anyway. does he now get that job? I seriously doubt it. which would put a hole in the theory he was doing the coaching. The guy you hired to replace Buckley was from the West Coast, correct?

Petrino is a smart guy so I'm sure he has a plan. Just curious how it will play out. Historically, UL has had lots of success recruiting Florida. That was Thomas so assuming the hire will take that role. Buckley was hitting Florida and Miss. Does the West Coast guy pick up that slack?

You are correct, Petrino IS a smart guy, who has a track record of making good hires. I will let him decide who to replace Thomas with. Assistant coaches typically move around AFTER signing day, so I'm sure he will do his due diligence in finding a replacement for Thomas.

You are correct, Petrino IS a smart guy, who has a track record of making good hires. I will let him decide who to replace Thomas with. Assistant coaches typically move around AFTER signing day, so I'm sure he will do his due diligence in finding a replacement for Thomas.

Will be interesting to see who recruits Florida and Mississippi going forward. I could see Scott picking up the slack. He seems like the best recruiter. Think he's locked in :)

Will be interesting to see who recruits Florida and Mississippi going forward. I could see Scott picking up the slack. He seems like the best recruiter. Think he's locked in :)

When your coach and program has sustained success, you don't really worry too much about who comes and goes. Do you sweat it when a UK basketball assistant moves on? Neither do we.

When your coach and program has sustained success, you don't really worry too much about who comes and goes. Do you sweat it when a UK basketball assistant moves on? Neither do we.

IRT uk on coaches: the good news is we have almost everyone back that we wanted to keep; the bad news is we have everyone back that we wanted to keep.

And the Bear is still smiling at the ineptness that is Wildcat FB. Pike that one over a while.

HAHAHA...The worm as finally turned and to the VICTORS go the spoils..it is only 2 days til signing day and your situation is hopeless!! Why hasnt bobby called Coach Mark Stoops to congratulate him for his victory and made a concession speech yet?
Word on the street in Lexington is that this is just the opening salvo as Coach Stoops plunders the louisville football program for peices he desires. Don't be surprised if a certain quarterback and all your good Florida players are soon wearing blue.

UK HAS DESTROYED THE ENEMY AND WE ARE PICKING THE BONES CLEAN!

Pike...those on this board know I had a problem with Thomas since 2014....he was the primary recruit of a relative of mine and this happened as far as being unprofessional and a jackwad during his recruitment...we are just glad he had great options besides Louisville and it has worked out for him.

So Lamar Thomas leaving makes me happy and I don't care which school got him...as long as he is gone from Louisville. For myself this isn't a Louisville/Kentucky thing...Thomas could have left for UAB and still feel the same about him.

Last edited:
Lamar Thomas: So sad to see assistant coaches commit occupation suicide. A coaching career snuffed out at such a young age. There should have been a hotline available.

Pike it seems like the actual on the field stuff is a complete after thought to you and that you're simply a recruitnik. Recruiting isn't a sport my man. We own you. Like I said, we could "recruit" a team full of amputees but you're still stuck with Porky....who can't coach. I know that this year it's gonna be different because "Eddie Gran." But pardon us for taking a wait & see before we start quaking in our boots. Bottom line is your program sucks.

Reactions: zipp
CJ saying UK hiring the wide receivers coach from Iowa State as well. Must be a tough position to coach at UK!

Pike...those on this board know I had a problem with Thomas since 2014....he was the primary recruit of a relative of mine and this happened as far as being unprofessional and a jackwad during his recruitment...we are just glad he had great options besides Louisville and it has worked out for him.

So Lamar Thomas leaving makes me happy and I don't care which school got him...as long as he is gone from Louisville. For myself this isn't a Louisville/Kentucky thing...Thomas could have left for UAB and still feel the same about him.
What exactly went down between Lamar and your relative PE?

Fair enough...but didn't say anything about championships. Like it or not, the talent level we are bringing in is unprecedented at UK. Rome wasn't built in a day with the sport of football. But we brought in 3 Army all Americans and our first 5 star player this year. And we are beating you in recruiting for the 3rd time in 4 years since Stoops. That hasn't translated to the field yet and there is no guarantee it will. But to echo the same old mantra about "UK always sucking, etc, etc." is tired. Better players make better teams. doesn't guarantee winning but it sure makes it a lot more of a possibility.
Please mods, keep him around.

Straight up comedy

What exactly went down between Lamar and your relative PE?

Let just say it wasn't anything NCAA Illegal but the way he treated him when he didn't get the answers he wanted and it was done at his HS in front of his peers. Hinted at it in this thread.

adjcardman know what I'm talking about...during that time Mike Singer thought he was a UofL lean...but told him on the Pay side of the site about 12 hours before that was no longer the case

I understand tolerating kids that act a fool but when it comes to adults there's no room for it. Good riddance.

Had no use for him since late January 2014....Hard Recruiting is part of the business but he crossed the line and said as much here at that time in real time and since going forward.

He is in Lexington now and it doesn't bother me one bit and feel better about the program for it

Last edited:
Reactions: KerryRhodes
nice strawman argument...
Description: Substituting a person’s actual position or argument with a distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented version of the position of the argument.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT