ADVERTISEMENT

Klenakis

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Is he still on payroll at UofL?

I know he is longest tenured assistant with Petrino but this situation seems odd. What’s the wait on cutting him loose?

Last edited:
I don't think our fans have decided yet whether they want him back as O-line coach...

I don't think our fans have decided yet whether they want him back as O-line coach...

Just seems odd that Bobby has been very coy about this situation. There’s no way he works at UofL again so why not just announce it. I am curious if he is still getting paid. Maybe some enterprising journalist can file an open records request to see what his status is.

He said he isn't going to coach again this year. He is under contract unless he broke that contract he is still employed by the University. I think it is pretty safe to assume he will not coach here again after this season, but Louisville attorney's have told him he can't say anything. Why does it even matter?

Still on payroll at UofL, yes, without any doubt. Why would he not be? Why would a person want to make it harder for someone who is attempting to get his life together and conquer alcohol addiction by leaving him without a source of income?

Reactions: TDredbird
Still on payroll at UofL, yes, without any doubt. Why would he not be? Why would a person want to make it harder for someone who is attempting to get his life together and conquer alcohol addiction by leaving him without a source of income?

So is he on FMLA or short term disability? I don’t know how you pay someone if they aren’t actually working.

Reactions: PushupMan
He said he isn't going to coach again this year. He is under contract unless he broke that contract he is still employed by the University. I think it is pretty safe to assume he will not coach here again after this season, but Louisville attorney's have told him he can't say anything. Why does it even matter?

I’m just curious. It seems that Klenakis’ situation was one of the first wheels that fell off this season. It’s been strange how no one is completely addressing what’s going on. I do hope Klenakis is getting help for his issues and I hope UofL is supporting him in that endeavor. Not sure the university should be obligated to pay out his contract in full.

It is illegal to fire an employee for a medical reason. Alcoholism is a disease.

That’s not true. There is a criteria for doing that, but normally they are on first short term disability then long term. They have a period of time to return and if they don’t can be terminated. They still have the disability payments

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Klenakis has been there for some of Bobby’s reckless behavior so you almost wonder if there is some bad codependent relationship there.

Last edited:
Just seems odd that Bobby has been very coy about this situation. There’s no way he works at UofL again so why not just announce it. I am curious if he is still getting paid. Maybe some enterprising journalist can file an open records request to see what his status is.
There may be HR requirements around this type of thing. It’s a process

isn't paying him as simple as he is under contract, not just an hourly employee, and to not pay him would be illegal? i thought he only got a dui, which is not a felony, and also not a reason to be fired. that is a personal problem and unless he was drunk on company time it's a domestic issue, not a work issue. if he asked for and chose to go into treatment he'd still have to be paid. firing for a dui is not cause to break his contract so if he coaches or not school is bound by his contract to pay him. no work related reason for him not to be coaching, just an embarrassing PR reason. and that comes under whatever language is in the personal conduct section.

Some people are trying like hell to find a smoking gun.
Klenakis has been there for some of Bobby’s reckless behavior so you almost wonder if there is some bad codependent relationship there.?.?
There you go.
Zipp reminds me of boxcar
Perhaps he is paid “influencer”?
But when that doesn't work, they can always attack the messenger(s)...

btw, he did only get a simple dui (simple is a relative term here) and thus, has nothing to do with his job or his performance. simply a personal matter and they have to pay him or he'll sue them and they'll pay more with lawyer fees and such. PR move says you don't mention him again, you pay him for the rest of the year, then terminate his contract.

I think he’ll soon be gone with the rest of the staff, but I wish him a speedy recovery and much success with sobriety.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT