ADVERTISEMENT

Klenakis Rated Among Top ACC Recruiters by 247...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
(I'm not linking competitive content, but it's free to read...)

He's #13 in the ACC, and Galloway is ranked 9th. They're the only two U of L coaches on a list that is heavily dominated by FSU assistants as you might expect.

Glad our head coach understands where we have issues and where we do not...

And word has it that Mr and Mrs Klenakis have a new child that was named Zipp after its Godfather after roundly rejecting the names, Tobias and Beasley.

Reactions: zipp
popcorn-fundraiser1.jpg

Perhaps it's a case that Klenakis is a great recruiter but the only thing he can coach is the OL, meaning that there could be better OL coaches out there but because he is a great recruiter we have to find a coaching position for him.

Reactions: Kratz and Cue Card
No need for popcorn.

The OPs irrationality speaks for itself.

After all, crapiperi is a 'hell of a recruiter.'
Multiple titles.....nope.

Youre fishing.

Klenakis recruiting would grade out at an A.
Klenakis coaching would grade out at a F.

You have to COACH who you bring in.
I recognize that's how you feel. But I've seen plenty of U of L fans in the last month or so grade Klenakis' recruiting as an 'F'. So you're evidently in disagreement with that crowd.

I'm also not "fishing" for anything, and I'm not a huge Klenakis fan or critic. Just pointing out discrepancies. And perhaps, as you've demonstrated, that Klenakis haters need to at least get their stories straight...

Last edited:
This thread's about recruiting. Show of hands, who has criticized his recruiting?...

We know your end game Zipp,

To get a 6 page debate showing your vast........football knowledge :rolleyes:

I'll try grade school terms for you.

If you bring home a live plant, you must water it or it will not grow. Capiche

We know your end game Zipp,

To get a 6 page debate showing your vast........football knowledge...
You keep misrepresenting my position... It's not "fishing" or knowledge. Hell, I don't know anymore about recruiting than most of you guys do. It's about perspective on what OTHERS know about recruiting. Unlike some, I know most of what I don't know

Klenakis has just been rated by a scouting service (247) as better than about 90% of the football coaches in the ACC at recruiting. And that flies totally in the face of what many posters have said here, the majority of which are probably now silent.

Kerry, you're evidently a pretty smart guy since you rated him an 'A'. So, this thread really isn't about you although you can certainly weigh in as you're doing. On this subject, I'm more about the genius-posters we have who have said 100% the opposite of what 247 and you are saying--and evidently what Petrino saw when he promoted Klenakis less than a year ago.

Hope that clarifies somewhat my intent...

I thought the thread was about Klenakis. Apparently he's good at recruiting his region. Coaching his position has a lot of questions.

I thought the thread was about Klenakis. Apparently he's good at recruiting his region. Coaching his position has a lot of questions.
"Klenakis Rated Among Top ACC Recruiters by 247."

Thinking isn't required. Was your hand raised? (You have my email address...)

I have to raise my hand in an open forum? Show me that one in the rule book.

Perhaps the staff isn't good at recruiting offensive linemen nor developing them. These two things could still be true along with Klenakis being a good recruiter. Idk

Developing them would be on Klenakis since he's the position coach.

It's my understanding that each coach has a territory that they recruit in, regardless of position. I.e. Klenakis could be recruiting a dB or any other position that is in his territory. He gets players interested, on campus and set up with their co ordinators and position coaches and they take it from there

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT