ADVERTISEMENT

KENTUCKY

Big Smythe

6000+
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2001
Cats fans predicting 5-0 start will be challenging Alabama for the title they are really so funny over there my bet is they win 4 games and finish ahead of Vandy. They do this every year and by middle of October are talking basketball again. They really are a joke of a program.

UK beat USCjr because Spurrier quit running the ball for some reason. If he keeps the ball on the ground, UK loses that one. I dont think he will make that mistake again.

UK did beat Florida fairly (blown call let Fla win). But with a new coach its a tossup. McElwain is an offensive guy and could return the Gators back to the Meyer days points wise. But will UF struggle to learn a new system or will they be hitting on all cylinders when they play UK?

Mizzou is a tossup as well. They beat UK 20-10 last season but it wasnt a whooping. An improved UK could win this one assuming Mizzou hasnt improved.

I see 3-2 out the gate, good start for the Cats.

Cats fans predicting 5-0 start will be challenging Alabama for the title they are really so funny over there my bet is they win 4 games and finish ahead of Vandy. They do this every year and by middle of October are talking basketball again. They really are a joke of a program.
uk fans think these Ohio recruits are the answer to being competitive in the SEC. Yet if these same recruits played for a top tier B1G team and that team was playing a top tier SEC team, they would automatically discount that talent and pick the SEC team to win because SEC talent is always better, faster and bigger. uk has more Ohio recruits for 2016 than tOSU.

Does that bother you? Are you worried they think too much of themselves? Well, them always expecting to be 5-0 is just as stereotypical as every UofL fan expecting them to go 0-5.

Louisville will have to play well to beat them. You act like they are Temple, they've got goo players, quit acting like 30 point wins over them every year are just given.

Not sure what Cat fans you have been talking to! Most realistic Kentucky fans are hopin for 6 wins and go to a bowl game!

Reactions: 01346776
no matter how many times you delete my post...this is still false
ask Senore, PE steelers and others
I guess you are going to delete again

I've given your board a try this summer for the first time. I've been greeted by some and flipped off by a few others. No ban but I've not gotten into any controversial discussion.

If you're just saying your mods aren't trigger happy I'm not sure why your posts get deleted.

UK can match up with any of the 3 SEC teams we play in the first 5 games. Now whether we can win all 3 is a different matter. But using the past as an indication of what this year's team will do is pretty silly. I believe you'll see a different team on the field going forward, starting this year.

Reactions: 01346776
I think posters on both sides base their "ban happy" comments on what they experienced before the reformatting of the boards. I don't have an explanation for it, but it seems moderators on both sides have been pretty "flexible" in allowing vigorous debate since all the old bans were lifted. FTR, I have been given temp bans several times on the UK boards, and only once did I feel it wasn't worthy, but I didn't contest or complain about it. I just served the time out and moved on.

FWIW, if you keep posting about something that keeps getting deleted, I would stop posting about it and stay with the topic of the thread. My guess is someone didn't want the thread to get detoured or high jacked.

Last edited:
We will win the first 5 and the last game for sure. With the expansion at CWS and the upgrades in commitment to FB as well as the top coaches I don't see why we wont be 7-5 at worse and, IMO we will be 8-4 before the bowl game.

This is the season we put the great recruiting and commitment to FB on the line. This is the year UK moves up a couple notches.

I agree with CatDaddy that an improved UK can match up with their first three SEC teams (USCjr, UF and Mizzou). But you also have to assume those teams have improved over last year as well.

Matching up is something most teams can do across the country. The talent gap in general comparing teams across the country is overblown to an extent and often a cop out. Many games are close. There's a reason the same coaches seem to do well at multiple stops.

Fans make the mistake of looking at games week by week from a program view instead of what the opponent actually is at that moment in time. People gave UofL no shot @ ND last summer. IU won @ Missouri. I'm sure this time last year Missouri fans gave IU no shot. None.

Guess what? Many games are winnable. More than people think at first glance.

Reactions: im2fast4u06
I took a cheap shot on here the other day, it was quickly deleted, but I was not banned or warned. I think I have Steelers to thank for that. :p

Reactions: Steelers2012
UK can match up with any of the 3 SEC teams we play in the first 5 games. Now whether we can win all 3 is a different matter. But using the past as an indication of what this year's team will do is pretty silly. I believe you'll see a different team on the field going forward, starting this year.

You'll learn a lot from the first game against ULL game IMO. This should be a good litmus test of progress from last season.

I took a cheap shot on here the other day, it was quickly deleted, but I was not banned or warned. I think I have Steelers to thank for that. :p
It's the best way to run things. It not only gives you another chance if you are genuinely interested in dialogue, but it keeps the ideas flowing too.

Eh, it happens in the heat of a debate. I generally tend to simply delete inappropriate comments from either side. If the poster continues down that path, I will generally send him a message of warning. And if all else fails, I may be forced to give a time out. I very, very rarely permaban, unless the poster responds to multiple warnings with an obvious over the line FU type of reaction. Having said all that, private "conversations" are the way to have a discussion with a mod, not here in open forum.

I agree. I didn't think much of it when I did it, but after it was deleted I realized I probably shouldn't have done it. I appreciate you handled it, I would do similar if I was a Mod on RR. I would instantly ban a few people though, there are a few obvious trolls I have no idea why they are still there.

Eh, it happens in the heat of a debate. I generally tend to simply delete inappropriate comments from either side. If the poster continues down that path, I will generally send him a message of warning. And if all else fails, I may be forced to give a time out. I very, very rarely permaban, unless the poster responds to multiple warnings with an obvious over the line FU type of reaction. Having said all that, private "conversations" are the way to have a discussion with a mod, not here in open forum.
Over there, I was given no warning just banned. Still have no idea why.

I agree with the first part of your post,having enough talent to compete although not meaning a win.I don't think it's silly to believe in trends.It's what sets the betting lines for sporting events.It's yet to be seen if these Cats can do it.

I've been using both the Rivals board and the Scout board for 15 years. I don't know if I've ever been close to being banned. But, I think everyone has been pretty good allowing for debate.

Calling yourself a uselessakay fan and "I am Stupid" at the same time is redundant and a bit over the top. I was banned at Cats Liar for saying that UofL's quarterbacks were better than the kayuts quarterbacks. WOW, what a horrible thing to say. The truth hurts and count me as surprised that those idiots even understand the "truth".

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I think it would be more accurate to say "UK fan" rather than the plural "fans" because maybe one person on the UK boards has predicted a 5 - 0 start.

We will win the first 5 and the last game for sure. With the expansion at CWS and the upgrades in commitment to FB as well as the top coaches I don't see why we wont be 7-5 at worse and, IMO we will be 8-4 before the bowl game.

This is the season we put the great recruiting and commitment to FB on the line. This is the year UK moves up a couple notches.

Hilarious.

Really?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT