ADVERTISEMENT

Kendrick Gilbert

It is the dead period. I think his main recruiter is still at Purdue. As soon as Purdue’s season is over and the dead period is over we will see if he sets up a visit. TOS said we aren’t recruiting anymore DL and UK is the favorite. Who knows.

I don’t think Brohm is recruiting him to Louisville. I really don’t know why that is other than the rosters of the Big Ten and ACC are just different in terms of physicality. I think he’s not as athletic as he needs to be to play DE and is too smallish for a DT. I could be wrong but that’s what I have read.

You can say whatever you want about Stoops on offense but that dude knows defense. If Gilbert is a take at UK then he should be a take at Louisville. His commitment to Purdue could have been he was going to let him play DE and UK was going to move him inside.

Louisville currently has some good depth on the line. Personally you take as many big uglies as you can get and rotate the hell out of them. Could be some portal guys as well that will factor in here too.

You can say whatever you want about Stoops on offense but that dude knows defense. If Gilbert is a take at UK then he should be a take at Louisville. His commitment to Purdue could have been he was going to let him play DE and UK was going to move him inside.

Louisville currently has some good depth on the line. Personally you take as many big uglies as you can get and rotate the hell out of them. Could be some portal guys as well that will factor in here too.
That sounds like Kenny Payne’s theory on roster management. If you are full at a position you don’t need to keep adding to it at the expense of other positions.

• Haha
Reactions: TPACardsFan
Yeah basketball is just like football with a roster of 85.

Look at our roster and what we have signed and get back with me. Stoops might be a good defensive coach but just because he wants a player doesn’t mean we need that player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT