ADVERTISEMENT

Keep my coaches name off your list

MDCardsFan

500+
Sep 21, 2015
Yesterday when the news came out that Texas A&M fired Jimbo, one of the SEC talking heads gave his thoughts on who they should go after, his suggestion, Jeff Brohm.

Ain’t going to happen.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim and Deeva
I would imagine Brohm's agent will be getting alot of calls. I can only hope the voicemail says "***k off. We are currently busy trying to win championships at Louisville. Have a nice day."

Pretty sure if the aggies want Jeff bad enough, that check would cover his replacement and Kenny’s buyout to boot.

$$$ is the only thing that gets people to move. But why would you want to go to the SEC. Teams are going to beat each other up for years. Teams like Oklahoma Texas Georgia Alabama...etc. they will all have 2 loss records and won't make the playoffs. Stay in the ACC and have 1 loss or maybe 2 and have a better chance of making the playoffs

A&M can’t afford much after paying Jimbo and his staff (including Bobby). Even they have to balance their books.

A&M can’t afford much after paying Jimbo and his staff (including Bobby). Even they have to balance their books.
A&M says it will go 8 figures for the right coach.

"Monday can't buy happiness, especially at Texas A&M. Big picture: Maybe this is the end of the 10-year guaranteed contract in college football. At Texas A&M? Good luck with that. If the right guy says yes, the Aggies will go eight figures again, especially with Texas about to join the SEC."

Ain't happening. JB's home
I agree.

That said, Howard was always fine with people mentioning his name. It's good for program building, even though he was never going anywhere.

Only after he was forced into a conference he did not agree with, did he ever seriously decide to look and eventually took the Oklahoma job.

So, Brohm isn't going anywhere unless some administrator gives him reason to leave. With UofL leadership the last several years, they sure can screw things up.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
Coaching at your beloved Alma mater, having Dad on the sidelines every game, kids and wife happy and thriving...priceless. No school can match that. Every player/coach has legacy as a motivating factor, bringing home championship FB here would cement that more than any accomplishments at other schools. I DARE THOSE F+#^>&G D#@!S TO TRY AND THROUGH A NUMBER AT OUR COACH. TAMU IS NOT JUST A SCHOOL, ITS A CULT!

Jumbo took them to the bank, happy for him...I've always liked him (for some reason)...so I'm tickled pink. TAMU can SABOD.

Worry all you want I’m very comfortable knowing he’s not going anywhere. Yeah money talks but he’s making a great living that will only increase. He’s at home where he’s from. His parents are getting older and he’s working at his alma mater. And he knows how important it is for him to stay years to get us where we want to go. By then Brian or Will Stein will be ready.
Nope I’m sitting back enjoying the show knowing we’re very safe…..for once.

Don’t get the impression that I think that Jeff is going to leave, it’s the opposite actually, I don’t think that he’ll leave, he’s finally at where he wants to be, I just don’t want to see job after job after job having him on the list, but I know that’s normal given how good he’s coaching in just 1 season. I know there’s gonna be more than Texas A&M, Mississippi State that’ll open.

Reactions: earsky
Jeff Brohm is a unique individual, and I can say that based on witness to virtually every decision he has made since becoming a young adult. As a HS Senior, he turned down Notre Dame, despite Paul Hornung using as much of his influence to recruit him to South Bend. That was no easy decision, nor was it consistent with what most expected.

I honestly believe that Jeff’s primary motivation is not about money, but rather he seems to possess a rare affinity to Louisville, and this University. Like Howard Schnellenberger, I suspect the only reason Jeff would leave UL, is if he had a fundament disagreement with the University’s Administration that affected his football program.

Jeff Brohm is a unique individual, and I can say that based on witness to virtually every decision he has made since becoming a young adult. As a HS Senior, he turned down Notre Dame, despite Paul Hornung using as much of his influence to recruit him to South Bend. That was no easy decision, nor was it consistent with what most expected.

I honestly believe that Jeff’s primary motivation is not about money, but rather he seems to possess a rare affinity to Louisville, and this University. Like Howard Schnellenberger, I suspect the only reason Jeff would leave UL, is if he had a fundament disagreement with the University’s Administration that affected his football program.
Agree. I think the only thing that might tempt him to leave is if a well-run NFL Franchise came after him.
Even then I think he stays.

Talk about outrage and despair if Brohm left after one season at Louisville. The dude would have to disguise his appearance if he was ever back in town.

The animosity would be second to none and it would be understandable. Many Cards fans would just plain quit saying why even bother?

I believe there had to be discussions with Brohm about this when he was being hired. If he was instantly successful winning UofL knew other schools would be interested in him, including some big names.

I, like others here can see no scenario that would have Brohm leaving after one season, except for the NFL. If the Patriots came calling I think most everyone would have to understand him considering that.

Part of the draw of JB was if he was successful here there's a vibe we had a better chance to retain him than some other mercenaries.

But I think it's still a thing. Winners get attention, and rightfully so. Hopefully JB views this as home, has a ton of good years, and every time his name comes up for another job, he turns it away.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
All I am saying, “Jeff is different than most”. Personally,I do not believe he is as motivated by money, at least in the same way that we are so accustomed to seeing others in our culture.

I may be mistaken, but I see Jeff’s story has a unique one, specifically where he is coaching in his home town for the same school where his father played, where he and his brothers played, and his family resides.

• Love
Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT