ADVERTISEMENT

Keats needs to be on the short list also

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
This guy is a 45 year old star in the making also don't sleep on his ability to coach and recruit. Proving he can get it done!

Reactions: clyono
What's up with you guys naming all of these mediocre coaches for Louisville. You may never beat UK again or compete in the ACC with some of these names you guys have been throwing out there. I thought your program had history, a top arena, and money....whats up with these names?? Keats, Payne, and some other guy I saw that isn't even employed.

Plus, this guy looks.like he could be Magees dad.

I think you all need to shoot for the stars or it may be 10 years before your basketball program is even competing. The wrong hire in this situation might in itself be the dealth penalty.

I agree with you on selecting the right coach my biggest fear is the people in charge now. I don't know if we will pursue the right coach for any sport now that we the wrong people calling the shots.

Reactions: zipp
I agree with you on selecting the right coach my biggest fear is the people in charge now. I don't know if we will pursue the right coach for any sport now that we the wrong people calling the shots.
Need to hire the right guy that cam get the program through this rough patch. The wrong guy would be the icing on the cake and put this program into complete submission for years to come. What the hell has Keats or Payne done to be worthy to take the reigns at Louisville basketball ? These guy who are saying this are comical .

Why does nobody talk about the guy at OSU ?

Need to hire the right guy that cam get the program through this rough patch. The wrong guy would be the icing on the cake and put this program into complete submission for years to come. What the hell has Keats or Payne done to be worthy to take the reigns at Louisville basketball ? These guy who are saying this are comical .

No buddy is advocating Payne except some former players. And I’m guessing Keats is our due to his ties Pitino.

The only names I think that have traction are Mack, Marshall, and Hurley. I personally like Marshall.

But are problem is the BOT and the idiot Grissom. I have little hope they’ll make the right hire.

What guy at OSU? That’s why.

I'm 100% behind Padgett at this point. But this is the problem to luring a great coach from somewhere else. Who's gonna do that? They can't even get a CFO to show up for work...

parade%20of%20fools_zpskpipxzq5.jpg

What's up with you guys naming all of these mediocre coaches for Louisville. You may never beat UK again or compete in the ACC with some of these names you guys have been throwing out there. I thought your program had history, a top arena, and money....whats up with these names?? Keats, Payne, and some other guy I saw that isn't even employed.

Plus, this guy looks.like he could be Magees dad.

I think you all need to shoot for the stars or it may be 10 years before your basketball program is even competing. The wrong hire in this situation might in itself be the dealth penalty.
Why not Keats and Payne? Just as good as any other certain candidates !!!!

I gave my list of ten on another thread. It changes periodically by a name or two but one guy that intrigues me more each day is Greg McDermott @ Creighton. While not in my top five I really like the new style he has embraced in the last 2-3 years. He gives his players maximum freedom, they have great spacing, he plays a form of “positionless basketball” and they are fun as hell to watch. Check them out.

Last edited:
Most of these "list" guys are pigs-in-a-poke... You don't know how they will perform somewhere else, and you see flame-outs after a coaching move all of the time.

I'll stick with the girl I brought to the dance until she proves she has two left feet...

Reactions: Cue Card
Still say they should have given Padgett at least 2 years. They way it is now we will probably have no incoming freshmen next year because no one is being recruited.

At this point I’m team Padgett. He’s winning and the teams improving. Let’s see how this ends.
I'm with you. I'll admit I've been critical of coach Padgett at times, but then again, it wouldn't matter if coach K was coaching the Cards, he would do something I would find odd or that I would question. That's just me being a fanatical Cardinals supporter. I've come to realize it has little to do with coach Padgett's ability to coach and a whole lot to do with my own opinions which at the end of the day mean next to nothing. Coach Padgett is the UofL head coach and I support him as long as he is. Period.

Reactions: zipp and nccardfan
I'm with you. I'll admit I've been critical of coach Padgett at times, but then again, it wouldn't matter if coach K was coaching the Cards, he would do something I would find odd or that I would question. That's just me being a fanatical Cardinals supporter. I've come to realize it has little to do with coach Padgett's ability to coach and a whole lot to do with my own opinions which at the end of the day mean next to nothing. Coach Padgett is the UofL head coach and I support him as long as he is. Period.
Rather than being defensive and using the “look what you put me in excuse” he has admitted that he’s still learning, trying to make the right substitutions, play calls,etc. let’s not forget he didn’t even have a coaching staff for the first month. This also set in a little bit yesterday. We didn’t have Ryan McMahon for 2 of our losses. Think about that for a minute.

Reactions: zipp and Cue Card
Most of these "list" guys are pigs-in-a-poke... You don't know how they will perform somewhere else, and you see flame-outs after a coaching move all of the time.

I'll stick with the girl I brought to the dance until she proves she has two left feet...
I am Team Padgett too. At this point what coach or even AD that is worth a damn would want to join UL until they know if our BOT is going to support the Athletic Department. Right now it does not look very promising.

I am Team Padgett too. At this point what coach or even AD that is worth a damn would want to join UL until they know if our BOT is going to support the Athletic Department. Right now it does not look very promising.
One who gets a big guaranteed contract.

I believe the NCAA infractions about to come down will determine a lot as to the caliber of coach we can get. Loving me some Padgett right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT