ADVERTISEMENT

Kanas AD let go poor fund rising

Law007

5000+
May 29, 2001
Kansas chancellor pulled the trigger today and fired the school's athletic director. He was an alum, but apparently was struggling with fundraising.

Would guess that some folks that are interested in Maryland will now also be interested in Kansas. One interesting rumor I heard earlier is that Kansas made this move now in hopes of landing former Louisville AD Tom Jurich, who was just cleared of any wrong doing the other day, with his ouster referred to as 'retirement.'

Kansas chancellor pulled the trigger today and fired the school's athletic director. He was an alum, but apparently was struggling with fundraising.

Would guess that some folks that are interested in Maryland will now also be interested in Kansas. One interesting rumor I heard earlier is that Kansas made this move now in hopes of landing former Louisville AD Tom Jurich, who was just cleared of any wrong doing the other day, with his ouster referred to as 'retirement.'
I could see this happening very easily. I wouldn’t expect TJ to go sit on a porch in his rocking chair. By cutting his ties (settlement) he’s free to go somewhere else and Kansas is no small chicken. Plus since they’re in a different conference, he probably feels that there’s no animosity in him going there.

That would be pretty cool to see. I'd like to see him make Kansas into a decent football program. Kansas is "kentucky bad" in football and I think Jurich could turn that around.

That would be pretty cool to see. I'd like to see him make Kansas into a decent football program. Kansas is "kentucky bad" in football and I think Jurich could turn that around.
Honestly, the Kansas gig is made for Tom. I can see him sucking it up and putting a decade in somewhere. He may feel he has nursed his hurts sufficiently now. I bet that was frigging hard, too.

Kansas has a lot going for it. They suck at football but that is Jurich;s stock in trade. The hoops program runs itself although Tom could mess slightly with their recruiting processes - and Self would find an ally at the same time. No one who works for Tom feels the least bit slighted and no one questions his authority - a unique position of earned respect. Kansas would be brilliant to try and land him.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I despise the kitties as much as anyone, but Kansas is worse than "Kentucky Bad" in football. Too lazy tonight to verify it, but thought I heard recently that Kansas is 3-33 in their last three football seasons!!!

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
We aren’t better than a whole lot of teams out there in football. Hopefully that’s changing slowly. But we are miles ahead of KU in football. Not that it’s somethjnf to brag about, just sayin

Didn't our new Prez come from Kansas?...

bug-eyes-gif-6.gif

KU Endowment stats:
Net assets $1.78 billion (2017)
Distribution $185 million (2017, new record)

In a premium thread on Ramsey, I posted comparable stats for the U of L Foundation:
Net assets $773 million (2017)
Distribution $88 million (2017)
Distribution $172 million (2016) - Ramsey's final year *

The 2017 stats for U of L are each a little less than half of the corresponding numbers for KU. However, the 2016 distribution for U of L is on par with KU's record distribution last year.

This indicates what Neeli will be capable of here. But more importantly, it indicates how far behind that will lag Ramsey's performance...

* James Ramsey resigned in July 2016 which was just after the start of FY 2017.

KU Endowment stats:
Net assets $1.78 billion (2017)
Distribution $185 million (2017, new record)

In a premium thread on Ramsey, I posted comparable stats for the U of L Foundation:
Net assets $773 million (2017)
Distribution $88 million (2017)
Distribution $172 million (2016) - Ramsey's final year *

The 2017 stats for U of L are each a little less than half of the corresponding numbers for KU. However, the 2016 distribution for U of L is on par with KU's record distribution last year.

This indicates what Neeli will be capable of here. But more importantly, it indicates how far behind that will lag Ramsey's performance...

* James Ramsey resigned in July 2016 which was just after the start of FY 2017.

Neeli wasnt the prez at Kansas. Many wanted her to get the job cause she is a good fundraiser. How do Kansas’s numbers show she will lag behind Ramsey? She wasnt in charge there we also dont know why they only used what they did.

Neeli wasnt the prez at Kansas. Many wanted her to get the job cause she is a good fundraiser. How do Kansas’s numbers show she will lag behind Ramsey? She wasnt in charge there we also dont know why they only used what they did.
One of her foremost credentials for the job here was supposedly her fund raising at KU...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT