ADVERTISEMENT

Just chatter time

Exactly GOCDS; that is why I get so disappointed with so many of these kids following Agents who are only interested in a percentage of their clients income; predicated on the highly unlikely chance of making it in the NFL.

Reactions: PHCARD and gocds
Whether it means anything or not, at this time Hawkins was signed to the third largest contract of the Atlanta Running backs. That gives some indication they have higher hopes for him than a lot of us casual fans do.

Reactions: gocds
Bill: I join you in expressing congratulations to Javian, but be mindful that terms of his signing were not disclosed, and that is generally viewed as an indication that he will only receive compensation in the event that he makes the team. The real challenge for Hawkins will depend on his ability to avoid injury during the rigorous physicality of preseason practice. No one questions his talent and speed, but his size and resistance to injury are the reasons that he went undrafted.

I believe too much is being made over the USCjr situation. Some using this because they just don’t like CSS in the first place. Get over it and support UofL football. CSS is a far better man than our last coach that was looking every time the sun came up.

GO CARDS!!!

Completely agree. The whole thing shows that coaches are better off just lying their asses off about interviewing. People say they want honesty, but they don't really - this whole episode proved that 100%. Satterfield should have posted a selfie on Twitter eating a fish sandwich at Mike Linig's saying something about how Louisville is the best place ever or something. Lie to me, baby!

Completely agree. The whole thing shows that coaches are better off just lying their asses off about interviewing. People say they want honesty, but they don't really - this whole episode proved that 100%. Satterfield should have posted a selfie on Twitter eating a fish sandwich at Mike Linig's saying something about how Louisville is the best place ever or something. Lie to me, baby!
Crap ... now I need to make a road trip to the Ville for one of those fish sandwiches....

Yep Mike Lennings or Cunningham’s at the Creek. Both have excellent fish sandwiches.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Both are excellent, but Moby Dick’s ”whale of a fish sandwich” and Check’s 2 piece fish sandwich are pretty good too!

GOCDS and Morgantown:

I truly hope that both of you are correct, and as far as I am concerned, I continue to support UL football regardless of who the HC is. However, I would not be a loyal fan if I failed to point out that CSS pursued another job despite already having one. If he stays here for 4 or more years ......I will be the first to say that I was wrong about his intentions. However, if he leaves next year when other jobs open up; I would expect for both of you to acknowledge that questioning Satterfield’s career intentions by a fan is not necessarily a bad thing.

This thing about coaches leaving raises its head every year. Schools for some crazy reason dont seem to sweat these buyouts....which were supposed to slow things up. At one time Tennessee was paying three basketball coaches, four football head coaches and two athletic directors. And just kind of shrugging.
To me, Satterfields biggest mistake was thinking he could try to give an interview and reason it all away.

Let's face it (and this is coming from a Cat fan) U of L is a great job....supportive AD, passionate fan base and a city big enough but not too big.

Wanting South Carolina was an ego thing...which sometimes is a bad step.

Reactions: Guardman
When Cunningham’s was down at 5th & Breckenridge I really liked it. It just doesn’t seem the same to me now and I only go when someone asks us to go with them.

I realize I must be the only person who feels this way since it always PACKED with no place to park. 🤣

(Especially when people try to park there and go to Harrods Creek Tavern-who usually has pretty good food too, plus entertainment.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT