ADVERTISEMENT

Just announced- season opener set for 8pm on ABC.

I just hope we dont get blown the heck out on National TV. Hope we are competitive.

That is the same hope I have every time UofL plays on National TV regardless of the opponent...so what's new about that sentiment? Even if Bama routes them it will not matter much for national perception since that is what a #1 ranked team is supposed to do vs a team outside of the T-25.:rolleyes:o_O;)

Cards teams of old relish the underdog role and normally rise to the occasion...or have you forgotten that ?

Last edited:
Reactions: zipp
That is the same hope every time UofL plays on National TV regardless of the opponent...so what's new about that sentiment? Even if Bama routes them it will not matter much for national perception since that is what a #1 ranked team is supposed to do vs a team outside of the T-25.:rolleyes:o_O;)

Cards team of old relish the underdog role and normally rise to he occasion...or have you forgotten that ?

Against Clemson this past season I didnt think that. I knew we would play them tough and expected to beat them, how did that turn out? I havent seen us relish the underdog role the last two years, we lost to teams we shouldnt have lost to.

So to expand on my previous comment, if we get blasted then I expect we have another run of the mill boring 7 win season with a bowl loss. If we can hang tough and show some grit, then I think we got a shot at a 9+ win season with a bowl win. Yeah I know one game does not dictate a season, but the opener certainly sets the tone.

We’ll be fine.

Didn’t everybody get the memo? :p

CBP2 teams have lacked the swagger of old. That swag was left on an Arkansas back road.

I think that it may start creeping back this year. Time heals all.

Reactions: Mayoman
I cancelled my trip because Lachlame and his high pitched side kick say we don’t stand a chance.

Just kidding, those losers can’t sway me. I’ll be there to watch the upset. :D

Reactions: zipp
Against Clemson this past season I didnt think that. I knew we would play them tough and expected to beat them, how did that turn out? I havent seen us relish the underdog role the last two years, we lost to teams we shouldnt have lost to.

So to expand on my previous comment, if we get blasted then I expect we have another run of the mill boring 7 win season with a bowl loss. If we can hang tough and show some grit, then I think we got a shot at a 9+ win season with a bowl win. Yeah I know one game does not dictate a season, but the opener certainly sets the tone.

It turned out that CU was damn good that day and the Cards were not. If memory serves me, the Cards were underdogs in that epic FSU beat down 2 years ago were they not? So much for your take on the underdog role.

IRT your 2nd paragraph.....you could not be more pessimistic could you? You assume an awful lot in a blow out loss to Bama in the first game. Another run of the mill 7 win season and loss in the bowl game.....etc, blah, blah , blah. as if winning 7 games is something to be ashamed of with the schedule played this year.

CBP will just have to coach them through a nightmare loss to salvage the season and show what kind of grit the team is made out of. Openers can set the tone for sure .....just not all the time. Nothing is for dead sure certain in CFB in these days and times.

Also, you might be one of the few on this board who knew the Cards would beat CU....now play them tough I could agree with....but not straight up beat them. Not how I remember the discussions last year at all.

Stranger things have happened. During basketball season, my coworker and his wife graduated from UMBC. I told him well done on your Alma Mater making the NCAA tourney. He then said yeah but we have to play Virginia. I looked at him and said...you never know. UMBC made history!

An opener against the defending national champions and the pre-season #1 team in the country (along with Clemson) is NOT going to be a barometer for how the season will play out. Along with the fact that we have a new defensive coordinator and a new starting quarterback, I suspect an up and down season this year. There will be good days and there will be bad days, but the fans need to stay with this team, because the future is there for the taking.

And we RELISHED the underdog role two years ago when we handed Florida State one of their worst losses in program history. To their credit, they regrouped and finished the season strong, which is another reason to not put too much weight in our opener. I would suggest enjoying it for the opportunity that it is and leave it at that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT