ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Johnson Decommits

So what's the scoop on the guy ? Is this a huge loss ? Or just a guy that probably wasn't going to play much anyway..

So what's the scoop on the guy ? Is this a huge loss ? Or just a guy that probably wasn't going to play much anyway..
If signing day was this week then it would be a huge loss, there are many players similar that are available.

The Portal has changed everything; perhaps the two best examples of just how irrelevant that HS recruiting has become for most schools, outside of the schools like Alabama, UGA, OSU and Michigan, is the changes at Vanderbilt and Indiana.

Both of those two schools have historically been relegated to the bottom of their respective conferences, and while my observations are not intended to predict success for either one; I believe they serve as solid examples of just how effective use of the Portal can determine any College Football Team’s success from one year to the next, without attracting 4 & 5 Star recruits.

Johnson’s decommitment will have no impact one way or another, as the likelihood of Johnson spending more than one year at any school is 50/50 at best.

The Portal has changed everything; perhaps the two best examples of just how irrelevant that HS recruiting has become for most schools, outside of the schools like Alabama, UGA, OSU and Michigan, is the changes at Vanderbilt and Indiana.

Both of those two schools have historically been relegated to the bottom of their respective conferences, and while my observations are not intended to predict success for either one; I believe they serve as solid examples of just how effective use of the Portal can determine any College Football Team’s success from one year to the next, without attracting 4 & 5 Star recruits.

Johnson’s decommitment will have no impact one way or another, as the likelihood of Johnson spending more than one year at any school is 50/50 at best.
Dude you can’t be serious with this take lol. Do a simple 247 class rankings look and find out you couldn’t be farther from the truth. HS recruiting hasn’t been irrelevant and is still the main priority of 95% of P4 schools.

Go take a peak, Maryland, TCU, Duke, Baylor, Syracuse, Washington, Wisconsin, SMU, Rutgers, GT, Pitt, WVU, ASU, the school you mentioned INDIANA…. The list goes on and on and on and I left off ALL of the bluebloods/major programs. You know what those teams have in common up there?? They all have 20+ HS commitments. Stop spreading misinformation on something that’s a simple google search, HS recruiting is relevant to everyone except Louisville… hence why we have the worst P4 class in the country. Get a grip.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT