ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Ramsey and Tom Jurich-can't we move on

Jack Coffee

4500+
Staff
Sep 18, 2006
In my discussion with the state auditor that did the audit on the foundation he stated that they found no illegal activity by Dr. Ramsey financially. Don't forget there were very successful people from this community on the foundation board overseeing the expenditures. I have talked to at least two of those people and they said Jim Ramsey did nothing wrong. What Dr. Ramsey did was give and receive ill-conceived bonuses to his secretary and others. It was money he raised and was told to use it any way he wanted to. He and the board used very poor judgement in distributing money entrusted to them although they felt they had the freedom to do so. There have been at least three highly-respected people from this community including Vince Tyra that have been in charge of the foundation since Ramsey left. None of them have suggested that Dr. Ramsey did anything illegal just ill-advised which I agree with. The lawsuit against Dr. Ramsey is frivolous and just another example of the heavy-handedness of David Grissom. The attacks and demeaning of Jim Ramsey and Tom Jurich in this community are very disheartening to me and disappointing. Did they make mistakes-yes. Do they deserve to be vilified like dishonest scoundrels-no.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News