ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm + Wife Home in West La La

You missed my point.

You may very well NEVER get a #2, at home, at night, as a double digit dog,.... and win.

You may accomplish great things, but that game will be the biggest ever in a lot of Boilermaker minds.

Lad, I have seen 71 years of Purdue football which included 22 wins over Notre Dame, five consecutive wins over Michigan with four of them being at the Big House, wins which broke Notre Dame’s 39 consecutive game winning streak and Michigan State’s 28 game streak. Wins over five Irish teams ranked number 1 and victories over top ranked teams from Michigan, Michigan State and Minnesota. I have seen Super Bowl MVP Quarterbacks in Len Dawson and Drew Brees and a total of four winning SB Quarterbacks when you add in Bob Griese’s two trips as the Dolphins QB including the only unbeaten NFL season in history. Did you know Purdue quarterbacks have started more NFL games, thrown and completed more passes and connected for more TD passes than ANY school in the country and it isn’t even close. On three occasions Purdue has had consecutive streaks of nine or more seasons when their starting quarterback played in the NFL and that did not include Dawson. There was Griese, Mike Phipps and Gary Danielson from 1964 through 1972. Mark Herrmann, Scott Campbell and Jim Everett from 1977 through 1985 and Brees, Kyle Orton and Curtis Painter from 1998 through 2008.
Cardinal football can’t begin to equal the accomplishments of Boilermaker teams over the last 70 years. Let’s not even begin talking about NFL players like Rod Woodson who was named one of the greatest players of the first 75 years of the league as a defensive back.

Lad, I have seen 71 years of Purdue football which included 22 wins over Notre Dame, five consecutive wins over Michigan with four of them being at the Big House, wins which broke Notre Dame’s 39 consecutive game winning streak and Michigan State’s 28 game streak. Wins over five Irish teams ranked number 1 and victories over top ranked teams from Michigan, Michigan State and Minnesota. I have seen Super Bowl MVP Quarterbacks in Len Dawson and Drew Brees and a total of four winning SB Quarterbacks when you add in Bob Griese’s two trips as the Dolphins QB including the only unbeaten NFL season in history. Did you know Purdue quarterbacks have started more NFL games, thrown and completed more passes and connected for more TD passes than ANY school in the country and it isn’t even close. On three occasions Purdue has had consecutive streaks of nine or more seasons when their starting quarterback played in the NFL and that did not include Dawson. There was Griese, Mike Phipps and Gary Danielson from 1964 through 1972. Mark Herrmann, Scott Campbell and Jim Everett from 1977 through 1985 and Brees, Kyle Orton and Curtis Painter from 1998 through 2008.
Cardinal football can’t begin to equal the accomplishments of Boilermaker teams over the last 70 years. Let’s not even begin talking about NFL players like Rod Woodson who was named one of the greatest players of the first 75 years of the league as a defensive back.

And over the past 25 years, Purdue has stunk up the place. You must be really old and enjoy living in the past. None of that will matter to JB. His history is at UofL.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Pops, I never TRIED to compare us.

My point stands. That game, under those circumstances, may never happen again. Youngsters <30 should relish it.

Unfortunately, I had the pleasure to see all of the ancient history you felt necessary to teach me. But thanks for "Lad ing" me.

I'm sorry that Purdue's best days are in the past......:cool:

My point stands. That game, under those circumstances, may never happen again. Youngsters <30 should relish it.

Unfortunately, I had the pleasure to see all of the ancient history you felt necessary to teach me. But thanks for "Lad ing" me.

acsslider2.jpg

In case you are missing it, Purdue has commanded the national talk shows, tv coverage and weekly award winners in college football. We expect that will continue for many years.

He can withdraw from Purdue and seat old a year and have three years at Louisville.
Why would he do that? He has NFL potential. Even a transfer makes little sense. Sit a year?? Talent like that isn’t sitting out a season. And he isn’t going to be in college for 5 years.

Be careful what y’all wish for. NFL executives are sniffing around Jeff Brohm. Are you so sure you can keep him yourself?

Does anyone desire to make up accounts and run over to the Purdue board (do they have a board?)? I know I don’t.

I’d bet a dollar or two that most of these “Purdue fans” are really Ky fans.

When you desecrate the school, history, fans, and city your head coach is a part of, chances are, it’s a Ky fan.

This old dude who rooted for Purdue back in the leather helmet days was probably beat up by John Wooden back in college

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Really?

Guess I missed it

So if you’re not scared, why are you here? ;)

Because you never learn anything by reading the same book everyday. I try and stay familiar with what is being written and talked about among a number of sources.

Be careful what y’all wish for. NFL executives are sniffing around Jeff Brohm. Are you so sure you can keep him yourself?

And over the past 25 years, Purdue has stunk up the place. You must be really old and enjoy living in the past. None of that will matter to JB. His history is at UofL.

Sure, one Power Five Conference Championship and thirteen bowl games really constitutes a quarter century of stinking up the place ? A terrible coaching hire and 9-39 record over a four year period is awful and we know it and admit it. A new regime has brought a new culture and we are back on track. Btw, how many Power Five Conference titles does your favorite team have?

Because you never learn anything by reading the same book everyday. I try and stay familiar with what is being written and talked about among a number of sources.
It’s ok.

We’ve been there too.

You’re scared and trying to convince yourself he won’t leave.

For all the great tradition you spout nobody has ever come after your coach I guess. (I really don’t know) Huge wins over OSU, ND et al, and nobody wanted your Coach.

Strange.

Carry on. We get it.

It’s ok.

We’ve been there too.

You’re scared and trying to convince yourself he won’t leave.

For all the great tradition you spout nobody has ever come after your coach I guess. (I really don’t know) Huge wins over OSU, ND et al, and nobody wanted your Coach.

Strange.

Carry on. We get it.

Meh. The AD found Brohm, likely will find another great coach. Lotsof folks will be wanting the job with the shape Brohm has it in. Y’all going to run Jeff off after one bad season like you are Petrino?

Meh. The AD found Brohm, likely will find another great coach. Lotsof folks will be wanting the job with the shape Brohm has it in. Y’all going to run Jeff off after one bad season like you are Petrino?

If he runs the program into the ground he'll be gone just like any other program in the Country.

Its a results based business. Youre making 7 figures. You have to win. Period.

Y'all may want to listen to this before running your legendary coach out of town.Your fanbase reminds me of Tennessee.

Boiler Up!

LINK: BROHM FUTURE

Not going to listen.

Its a done deal. Whenever Petrino leaves, Brohm will be named the next coach at UofL.

Instead of wasting time on here, you might want to assist your AD in the search for a new HC.

I SWEAR this is the EXACT same thing Xavier fans came on here saying and I mean exact. Breaking down finances, saying we were a train wreck....all along, Vince had him locked up at the beginning of last season.

Is Xavier in a major conference like Purdue?

Is Xavier in a major conference like Purdue?
You seem determined to showcase all of your ignorance here. Xavier is in a conference that has the NCAA champ two of the last three years. Including UConn's wins in 2011 & 2013 - that's four out of the eight titles for schools not in a "major" conference. It's been going on 20 years since any big ten team brought home the hardware.

Basketball is a different animal than football. The only similarity is that purdoo is mediocre in both...

I didn't read anything earth shattering in that bite. He likes where he's at. We get it, but we already knew that. That is why he took that job.

You seem determined to showcase all of your ignorance here. Xavier is in a conference that has the NCAA champ two of the last three years. Including UConn's wins in 2011 & 2013 - that's four out of the eight titles for schools not in a "major" conference. It's been going on 20 years since any big ten team brought home the hardware.

Basketball is a different animal than football. The only similarity is that purdoo is mediocre in both...

And thier is not a big demand for boilermakers today!

Remind me what that has to do with football. You do realize that UL was a sub .500 program before Petrino got there right? Even with your recent success, your program is still on a similar level historically with Purdue. So if Purdue is mediocre, UL is right there with them.

I can't take credit for this because I didn't write it but find it very interesting and correct...

"Louisville football program when Petrino showed up in 2003:
389-401-17 all time record and middling in Conference USA.

Petrino record: 75-27, competing in Big East and ACC.

Welcomed him back with open arms, knowing he was a scumbag in 2014. Now their suddenly entitled fans want him gone halfway through one bad season."

And by the way Louisville is a much bigger school and program than Xavier so stop the comparisons of the Chris Mack deal.

Here is the bottom line if Brohm wants to come back to his college school in Louisville he probably will at some point. Nothing we can do to stop it.

Remind me what that has to do with football. You do realize that UL was a sub .500 program before Petrino got there right? Even with your recent success, your program is still on a similar level historically with Purdue. So if Purdue is mediocre, UL is right there with them.
Ok boil grad - let me connect the dots for you. After you - or another one of you frightened and needy purdoo fans - spewed out your skewed rationalizations for why Brohm would not leave west laughayette for Louisville for the millionth time, a Louisville fan replied that those tired talking points were basically the same nonsense Xavier fans made when trying to tell us that Chris Mack would not leave them to become UofL's next basketball coach.

You - most uncleverly - responded by asking if Xavier was in a "major conference" - thereby introducing the issue of basketball conference importance. I simply responded by reminding you that P5 conferences don't mean shit when it comes to basketball excellence - though I should have added that Xavier basketball is higher on the food chain (pre-Brohm) than purdoo football.

Lastly, you are again incorrect when comparing Louisville to purdoo - particularly when it comes to the basketball.

You should be caught up now - you're welcome. :)

Howdy guys. I just want to say I'm a terrible forum troll and I suck like a lot...a whole lot. Like more than u can imagine.

also wanted to say that my momma is so fat that Thanos had to snap twice to make her disassapear. Bye bye. Did I mention I suck? cause I do.
You forgot to tell us how you made boom-boom in your pants and then you ate it.:D

Ok boil grad - let me connect the dots for you. After you - or another one of you frightened and needy purdoo fans - spewed out your skewed rationalizations for why Brohm would not leave west laughayette for Louisville for the millionth time, a Louisville fan replied that those tired talking points were basically the same nonsense Xavier fans made when trying to tell us that Chris Mack would not leave them to become UofL's next basketball coach.

You - most uncleverly - responded by asking if Xavier was in a "major conference" - thereby introducing the issue of basketball conference importance. I simply responded by reminding you that P5 conferences don't mean shit when it comes to basketball excellence - though I should have added that Xavier basketball is higher on the food chain (pre-Brohm) than purdoo football.

Lastly, you are again incorrect when comparing Louisville to purdoo - particularly when it comes to the basketball.

You should be caught up now - you're welcome. :)

How am I incorrect when comparing Louisville to Purdue in football? Look at the numbers.

How am I incorrect when comparing Louisville to Purdue in football? Look at the numbers.
I did. Stopped after the first two - which I guess are the most important as they’re listed at the top - with H2H and all time winning percentage. Louisville on top in both.

I did. Stopped after the first two - which I guess are the most important as they’re listed at the top - with H2H and all time winning percentage. Louisville on top in both.

.527 winning percentage versus .520 is pretty close. Not a large gap by any stretch.

U of L has been in the news headlines also........ ;-)
And we all know how obsessed yut fans are with all things Louisville. Thanks for taking the time out of what I’m sure is a jam packed schedule to stop by and empty that water head of yours of it’s one lonely thought.

Reactions: 1977CatFan
And we all know how obsessed yut fans are with all things Louisville. Thanks for taking the time out of what I’m sure is a jam packed schedule to stop by and empty that water head of yours of it’s one lonely thought.
Don't worry, UK fans will want Droopy fired after we go 5-7 in 2019.

Reactions: Chapman123
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT