ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Kimber Commits Edit: Flips To Penn State

He was one of Floridas worst secondary players he could not cover a cold they coould not wait to get him out. Their secondary was atrocious. Maybe a change of scenery might help him.

FLORIDA GATORS UPDATES: Kimber enters portal

YouTube · Gators Breakdown
7.2K+ views · 1 week ago

Kimber was way more of liability than an asset. He would be a great candidate for flag football or either 2 hand touch.
I wouldn’t place much faith in fan opinions AFTER a player transfers. If they have this to say before he announces for the portal, it would carry more validity.

Reactions: Mayoman
I wouldn’t place much faith in fan opinions AFTER a player transfers. If they have this to say before he announces for the portal, it would carry more validity.
No he was freaking horrible nothing to do with fans opinion.I understand everybody beleives in Brohm this kid has not been good at Florida.
Couldn't cut it at Ga went to Florida was bad now team #3 Cards.

Last edited:
No he was freaking horrible nothing to do with fans opinion.I understand everybody beleives in Brohm this kid has not been good at Florida.
Couldn't cut it at Ga went to Florida was bad now team #3 Cards.
Anyone else find it ironic that redfistfurry is using fan opinions and video to suggest that this kid is “freaking horrible”. Perhaps as an ardent Payne supporter - he should utilize the same sort of evidence to acknowledge that Payne is the absolute worst of all time - the certified W.O.A.T.

From NFLDraftBuzz.com

“After season's end Kimber transferred to Florida where as a junior for the Gators in 2022 Kimber played in 11 games and took part in 198 snaps for the Gators. He chalked up 10 tackles, 2 assists, and added one stop. In the secondary Kimber forced one pass breakup, one interception, and gave up a disapointing QB rating when targetted of 122.1.

In 2023 as a senior Kimber saw action in 12 games while playing 488 snaps. He logged 21 tackles, 4 assists, and made 4 stops. In coverage Kimber had 5 pass breakups, no interceptions, and surrendered a disapointing QB rating when targetted of 123.6.”

The high QB rating when targeted is concerning.

Redfish: this kid started at Florida and was initially recruited by UGA. If nothing other than his SEC experience the perceived talent he exhibited to play at that level …….. I suspect that Jeff and his staff did their due diligence before pursuing him.

A starter from the SEC is worth taking a chance on especially if he fits the staff. People got excited taken a 4 star from Texas A&M last year that never played there and never played here. I will take guys that have produced at this level. They may not work out but the odds are better.

They have to address the safety spot. Neal can’t be the guy. MJ Griffin loss was huge against the better teams.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
He was one of Floridas worst secondary players he could not cover a cold they coould not wait to get him out. Their secondary was atrocious. Maybe a change of scenery might help him.

7.2K+ views · 1 week agoIf that was the case I can only imagine what the 2nd string looked like
No wonder you guys suck
Kimber was way more of liability than an asset. He would be a great candidate for flag football or either 2 hand touch.

Was he in for more Zone defense than man?

I don't know how UF plays defense so I have no idea how he was used. If he were playing more man, then yeah, the criticism is warranted. If he played in a lot of zone, then you really can't blame him.

Was he in for more Zone defense than man?

I don't know how UF plays defense so I have no idea how he was used. If he were playing more man, then yeah, the criticism is warranted. If he played in a lot of zone, then you really can't blame him.
They play man press and he was terrible. All you have to do is listen to the tube video @ the 3:10 mark tell you all you need to know.

Last edited:

7.2K+ views · 1 week ago

I think it’s “ he could not catch a cold”. I don’t know why one would “cover” a cold.

I guess I need to go back and check out Redfist‘s initial critique of Kimber; hoping his evaluation is closer to the truth.

I guess I need to go back and check out Redfist‘s initial critique of Kimber; hoping his evaluation is closer to the truth.
Let me give you a little back ground about me. I have also been a Florida Gators football fan since the Charlie Pell days due to having a couple of family members being former Gators. My family tree is from Gainesville Gators are my team also and i know the players.

Kimber is no loss he is no better than what we had already .

Last edited:
Thanks; in fairness you established your opinion before he moved to PSU, sounds pretty powerful insight to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT