ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Johnson Decommits

CardVille

2500+
May 29, 2001
Per 93.9

Satterfield will have a tough rebuild job in year one but I think he can right the ship. We have talent on our roster, including the QB position. Coaching em up could make a big difference.

The new coach is known more for the running game, so with that in mind it's probably going to be more difficult to get top passing QB's to commit. I can't recall the last time we had a coach who was run first with his offensive approach. This might be a first.

The new coach is known more for the running game, so with that in mind it's probably going to be more difficult to get top passing QB's to commit. I can't recall the last time we had a coach who was run first with his offensive approach. This might be a first.
A smart passing QB wants quality RBs that are used.

Jaden's a pro style QB and Satterfield's QBs are typically mobile. His QBs seem to average around 500-800 rushing yards per year which is a great number to aim for in my opinion. Lamar was obviously amazing but we ran him far too much out of necessity.

There's some talent with Malik and Jawon for him to work with. Hopefully one of them steps forward with new coaching and development available to them.

Jaden's a pro style QB and Satterfield's QBs are typically mobile. His QBs seem to average around 500-800 rushing yards per year which is a great number to aim for in my opinion. Lamar was obviously amazing but we ran him far too much out of necessity.

There's some talent with Malik and Jawon for him to work with. Hopefully one of them steps forward with new coaching and development available to them.
Malik can run, but his passing is woefully wanting. Maybe room for improvement. Don't know Jawon can ever recover his confidence. Although this coach likes to run, I don,t know if he can get this group of sumo wrestlers to move off the line of scrimmage

Honestly, thats when we were at our best. Petrino 1.0 with Lefors, then Brohm....those teams were run first to set up the pass. App st still averaged 24 pass attemps/game. Sounds like he likes to win at the line of scrimmage on both sides.......what a concept!
Petrino always said his offense was predicated by the running game. We lost that focus when we couldn’t find OL who could block. 3rd and 1 was our nightmare.

My two biggest disappointments with 2.0 was the horrific running game. Go back and watch 2004 through 2006 film. Running backs hit the holes fast and the line seemed to always know which hole to open. The other was the massive increase in penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT