ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Plummer vs. Tyler Shough

LeFors4Ever

3500+
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2017
Interesting Comparison on ESPN.COM

One would think that saying they had some similar numbers would be an insult and we'd be angry at ESPN, but here they do it and are speaking positively about our team. I think we were a little too harsh on Jack at times last year. He was limited, but also sometimes we do not realize that having QBs like Jeff Brohm, Chris Redman, Dave Ragone, Stefan LeFors, Brian Brohm, Teddy Bridgewater, & Lamar Jackson in a 25 period is not normal for a program that isn't a powerhouse like Ohio State and others.

Heck even at times we were harsh on Malik when in reality Malik would've carved up the CUSA, Big East, and AAC schedules we used to play.

I think Shough is going to have a big season and it seems like the national media thinks so too. Establishing the run will be key in replacing maybe our best performing RB duo ever in a season, but Shough and the new wideouts will make it work.

But I'm thinking Shough might set records.

Comparing to some other Louisville QBs and Brohm guys.

1998 Redman was 4000+ yards on 473 attempts. 29-15 TD-INT
2007 Brohm was 4000 yards on 473 attempts. 30-12 TD-INT
2013 Teddy was 4000 yards on 427 attempts. 31-4 TD INT
2021 Aidan OConnell had 3700 yards on 439 attempts. 28-11 TD-INT
2023 Plummer had 3200 yards on 395 attempts. 21-12 TD-INT

I could see Shough having closer to 450 attempts. 4000 yards. 32-15 TD-INT. I'd also point on that list that the last 2 were really the only ones playing a power conference schedule. We're going to pass more this year and have better options at wideout, much deeper. We won't be running as much either. And we won't want to keep the ball out of our QBs hands like last year either.

What you need to know:

• A comparison:
    QB A: 62.0 Total QBR, 64.3% completions, 7.93 yards-per-pass, 21 total TD, 14 turnovers
    QB B: 68.4 Total QBR, 63.8% completions, 7.97 yards-per-pass, 26 total TD, 12 turnovers
    QB A is Jack Plummer's 13 starts vs. FBS competition last season at Louisville. QB B is Shough in his 13 career starts, which span four previous seasons.
  • Louisville went 3-1 vs. top-40 defenses last season despite Plummer posting a woeful 39.6 Total QBR with just 2 TDs, 3 picks and averaging 5.9 yards per attempt in those games. If Shough can improve on those numbers in 2024, the Cardinals could be awfully dangerous.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News